This week were learning about cockroaches. The Madagascar Hissing Cockroach is one of the largest species of cockroach, reaching 5-7.5cm at maturity. You can usually find them in rotting logs, and unlike other cockroaches they are wingless.

Article posted June 8, 2012 at 06:46 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 43

My experiment question was can they walk upside down? Me Jen and Liz looked up videos on you tube to get our answer. It didn't take that long to find our answer. Yes cockroaches can walk up side down.

i don't really know that much about cockroaches but i do know that cockroaches have 6 legs and a hard shell. i would like to know if cockroaches eat other insects?

During Odyssey we went to the Lapush beach(where Bella jumps off the clifff in new moon), me hannah, hailey,jonna hadlei went on the beach and got tackeled by a huge wave. it was so fun! The Hoh rainforest the Elwa dam, salt creek, the marine science center, and the makah museum. All of these places were very interesting. I had so much fun here. We went on several hikes. Ozette was the hardest hike of all! it was 3 miles in the woods to the beach where we had lunch then three miles on the beach. After that it was three more miles in the woods back to were we stared, all together it was a 9 mile hike.

Our question was will the snails go to slow or fast music? Our solution was the snails decided to move to fast music. at first it looked like they didnt know where to go, but they made there way to the fast music eventually. Our evedince was our data table that we recorded they went to the fast music 4 out of 5 times. Our data supports our evidence because it tells they did actually go to the fast music. Our errors were one snail wouldnt come out of his/her shell but overall it went pretty well 3-4 of our prediction were right one was wrong.

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 02:52 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 41

You forgot to log out lol!!

Article posted May 1, 2012 at 07:20 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 45

They have

shells

Slimy

Can jump

They stick

They love the wet(rain)

I want to know

Do they love the wet cuz it is easier to move?

Article posted February 4, 2012 at 08:32 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 38

chromisomes duplicate them selves. both of them move to the oposite side of of the cell wall. the cell elongates and its plasma membrane grows in ward. then after after the cell splits in half, the cell divides and creates two sister cells. thoose cells are able to work because, the mom cell provides everything they need to produce and survive.

Interface: this is the longest period of the complete cell cycle during, witch the dna replicates the centrioles divide and the protiens are actively produced.

Prophase:(first mitic stage) the nucleolus fades and condenses into chromesomes, each chromesome comprises two chromatids. microtubules of a cytoskelton disosemble

Prometaphase: nuclear envelope breaks down and there is no longer a reconizable nucleus some mitotic spindle fibers elongate from the centrosomes and attach to kinetochores. protien bundles at the centromere region, on the chromosomes where sister chromatids are joined.

Metaphase: the tenshion applied by spindle fibers aligins chromosomes in one plane at the center of the cell.

Anaphase: spindle fibers shorten the kinetochores seperate, the chromatids are pulled apart and begin moving to the cell poles.

animal cells common

plant cells do they boh have nuli

not have centrides they also preform mistoses

to divide

plant cells

animal cells do not have plastrods

animal cells do not have a cell well

animals cells are round unlike plant cells

I think that humans can help global warming because they did kind of start it. We could stop it but it would take a lot of work