Henry's Cincinatti Reds Blog.-

Volcanoes and LAVA

So 3 types of volcanoes are1: Composite volcanoes which are, ten thousand ore more feet high. They are considred a hollywood type volcano, they are also the large size of ten miles across. 

#2. A Cinder Cone volcano, they are pretty small volcanoes. The amount of lava is close to none,this volcano also has very grainy cinders.

#3. A Sheild volcano, they aremostly found in differen't parts of Hawaii. It is a very wide volcano and is also thousands of feet high. The kind of the Shield volcano has the biggest volcano in the world.

three kinds of lava are,

#1. The Low Water/Low Silica lava is mostly a pretty runny lava type, so technicaly it has alot of visocity. It is not runny like water but more realisticly like hot honey or hot wax.

#2. The High water/High silicahas lts of disolved gasses and its high viocity is deadly.as the lava ooze's to the surface, the gasses quickly become bubbles. 

3. High water/low silica lava shows behavior's that are similar to our anoligies of blowing bubbles in water or a milk shake. If a erupting volcanohas low viocity (like water) it flowsout of the central surface.

Article posted October 27, 2009 at 09:25 PM • comment • Reads 68 • see all articles