Ry-Pie! :D-

http://prezi.com/q4wxmmv1woyx/johnny/

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 05:19 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 62

Did you know that volcanic ash helps plants grow? I learned that! I did an expirement to compare the growth between radishes when grow in soil and soil with volcanic ash. Ash has a lot of nutrience in it and it also holds water. When lava destroys plants, or when the ash sufficates it, it takes up all the nutrience. I did an expirement to see hoe volcanic ash effects the growth of raddishes. I studied the plant growth for one week. The end result was with only soilm the plant only grew to be ten centimeters. With volcanic ash I found out that it grew better. The raddishes grew to be 12.5 centimeters. That's a difference. All in all, I learned that volcanic ash does help plant growth, but, if there is too much ash, over 4 inches, it can poison the plant and anyone who eats it.

Works Cited

"Effect of Volcanoes." ThinkQuest. Oracle Foundation. Web. 20 Mar. 2012. [LINK].

"Effect of Volcanoes." ThinkQuest. Oracle Foundation. Web. 24 Apr. 2012. [LINK].

"Volcanic Ash—Effects on Agriculture and Mitigation Strategies." Volcanic Ash—Effects on Agriculture and Mitigation Strategies. 3 Feb. 2009. Web. 24 Mar. 2012. [LINK].

Heidi and I finished our orbeez expierment!! Heres the graph!!

The Blue is our first observations, the Pink is our second!

Blue is our First Day. Pink is our Second.

During science my group did a experiment on, can a plant grow on sugar and water. There were 6 vial each vial had a different amount of sugar. Vial 2 had one teaspoon of sugar as the vials number increase so does the teaspoon amount of sugar. Vial 1 the only vial with no sugar grew out of the vial. Vial two had one teaspoon of sugar and showed little growth and the rest showed no growth at all. In conclution radish does not grow in sugar.

Article posted November 16, 2011 at 07:51 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 144

When i did a experiment with trying to grow yeast in a yellow monster energy drink i discovered that the yeast seperated the energy drink up! I couldn't really figure out why it seperated...Does anyone know or have any idea why it would have seperated?

Jonna and I did an experiment on polyacrylate crystals. We wanted to see if they would grow in several different liquids. We tested to see if they would grow in H2O, H2O with salt, H2O with yeast, carbonated water and orange juice.

A- Ask a question. What liquid would produce the best reults for the polyacrylate crystals.

E- Evidence. WHen we measured the Crystals some were bigger than others proving that not all liquids produce the same results.

I- Inaccuracy. Some of the Polyacrylate crystals cracked making it somewhat harder to measure their size. Also our first experiment was accidently knocked over by someone to remain unnamed.

O- Observations. We saw that the Polyacrylate crystals grew better in sugar water and carbonated water. While they still produced results in yeast water and orange juice they still only grew a bit.

U- Understanding. We understnad that orbees are not living, and that even though they are not living they still need the proper enviorment to be at its optimum best.

Y- Why? I wonder if the amount of light affected the size of the orbees. I also wonder if the tempature affected how big the orbees got.

When we did our experiment to see which environment they grew best in, we concluded that the shrimp grew best in tap water and sugar water.

We believe this because everyday we checked the shrimp using a telescope and the two with the most cases of hatched shrimp and the most shrimp moving around were those two.

One of the ways we had error during this experiment was when we didn't have an accurate way of measuring the shrimp so some had more or less than other tubes.

While doing this I observed that the shrimp in the sugar water tube tended to float around in the center of the tube while in the others they all went around the bottom, and they all tended to group together.

I under stood why the shrimp liked to be together because it is a small fishes instinct to group together so that they were bigger appearing so predators dont attack them.

Why did the shrimp grow best in tap water with CHLORINE in it, wouldn't they die? Or sugar water opposed to salt water their natural environment they are born to live in.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 06:07 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 81

My groups experiment was on brine shrimp. We had tap water, sugar water, salt water and and purified water.

Our question was which liquid would hatch the shrimp eggs.

As we did the experiment, all of them hatched in each vile. Though as we watched, some eggs did hatch but they died in the end.

When we looked at each vile under the micro scope we saw empty eggs and non moving shrimp. They all had died even though we put yeast in there for them to eat.

What might have killed them was how much yeast we put in there, because mr. G said that we didn't want to much.

As we watched our shrimp eggs, we saw more and more hatch, but none of them lived. It was liked they died as soon as they left their eggs. In the beginning, we saw one alive, but as The days passed it died as well.

The brine shrimp did best in the sugar water and tap water.

Heidi and I were wondering what different liquids effect the growth of polyacrylate crystals, also known as orbeez.

We put three orbeez in five different vials. Each vial contained a different liquid. Orange Juice, Yeast Water. Sugar Water, Salt Water and Fizzy Water. We learned that the Orbeez grew largest in sugar water. It grew smallest in the orange juice because in orderr to grow, it needs water. At first, we had an experiment to see what Brine Shrimp grow in better but our expirement was knocked over by an unnamed person (Olivia)(:. We learned that orbeez are not living even though they seem as if they are due to the fact that they grow. It takes more then one characteristic of living things to prove that something is living. I wonder if the amount of light effected how our orbeez grew.

Article posted November 8, 2011 at 08:29 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 101

Question:

Does different liquids make a different on the growth of the orbies?

Hypothesis:

I think that the orbies are going to be similar because orbies absorbs liquids. I think that it really doesnt matter what liquid it is as long as it's still liquid.

Conclusion:

Different liquids allows the orbies to grow. It controls the growth, sizes, colors, and the surface type of the

My team had 5 different types of liquids. The first vile is milk, second is the orange mango carrot juice, third vile is the white cherry powerade, forth vile is the Lipton tea, and the fifth vile is the cherry lemonade. We put 5 orbies in each viles and 30ml of water in the viles. We did our experiment for 15 minutes, 24 hours and 48 hours.

Before 15 min. 24 hours. 48 hours.

Milk. 127.7px. 210.3px. 397.5px. 394.3px

Juice. 127.7px. 266.7px. 384.2px. 389.9px

CP. 127.7px. 283.9px. 418.3px. 432.4px

Tea. 127.7px. 283.9px. 493.9px. 516.8px

CL. 127.7px. 213. 9px. 256.4px. 225.9px

(CP= Cheery Powerade and CL= Cherry Lemonade)

What happened:

For the milk the orbies growth was very little and the orbies stick to the bottom of the vile. The smell of the vile was disgusting. The milk ended up rotten and chunky. The color of the orbies are red.

For the juice the smell was as bad as the milk but still smelled rotten the orbies are clear looking and the orbies color blends in with the color of the juice.

For the cherry powerade the orbies color is clear with a slight pink color all over it. The size of the orbies are decent and there is no bad smell in this vile.

For the tea the orbies are the biggest size in this liquid. The orbies color is brown the color as the tea. There is no bad smell in this vile. After 24 hours of experiment the orbies size was oval but then changed into a circle after 48 hours.

For the last vile the cherry lemonade the orbies are the smallest in this vile. The color is red same as the color of the liquid. For the first 15 min there appeared to be a bubble inside the orbies but then they later disappeared.

Questions:

How does the orbies absorbs the color of the liquids?

Why did the sizes of the orbies different from each other?

How does the liquids effact the surface area of the orbies?

Why did the bubbles inside the orbies in vile 5 disappeared?

Article posted November 8, 2011 at 08:28 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 67

A: We thought that the coconut cream wouldn't let the yeast grow because of how thick it was..well it did.

E: For the 1 coconut scoop: Tiny bubbles and yeast on top., Monster: No air in balloon and the yeast was sitting on bottom and smelled BAD! salt water: only bubbles on top., Suger water: Yeast and bubbles on top and some air in balloon., 3 scoops of coconut cream: it EXPLODED on top because it explaned/grew so much!!!, normal water: tiny bubbles on top.

Article posted November 8, 2011 at 08:27 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 67

My team and I did expirements with brine shrimp in different environments. The first environment was soda and a smartie dissolved into water we put the brine shrimp in and most of them died and fell to the bottom. The second vile had an egg and salt and water, the brine shrimp died. The third vile was salt and water the brine shrimp lived!, amazing. The fourth was pepper, smartie, and water they died tremendously. The fith was water and chocolate we thought there was a large chance they would survive but they died! The last was smashed up smartie and water, surprisingly they lived.

Article posted November 8, 2011 at 08:27 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 208

In class we had a project on growing brine shrimp and it was awesome we got little eggs. But before that we had to get substances like water,salt, pop,egg yolk,smarties candy,and pepper, it was fun because all of the things we brought in water. And left it for 24hours vile one had Regular salt water, the second one was the egg yolk With water and salt, then the third one was smarties and pop, the fourth one was pepper water, the fifth one was chocolate water, and the sixth one was smashed smarties in water the one that worked the best was the regular salt water. all the other vile ether had 1 living orall of them were dead.

Our question for our experiment was: how do different amounts of sugar water affect radishes growth.  The first vial had water in it and the radishes were able to sprout.  The rest of the vials had sugar water in them and they were not able to sprout.  I think that the sugar water prevented the radishes from growing.  Our evidence for this is that all the vials with sugar water in them did not show any signs of growth.  We did not have any sources of error but in some of the vials the radishes were in the bottom of the vial which might have affected there growth. 

Article posted November 8, 2011 at 08:22 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 69

A: We thought that the coconut cream wouldn't be able to let the yeast grow.

E:We found out that the with 1 scoop of coconut cream had yeast and little bubbles sitting at the top of the vial. Monster and yeast had everything sitting at the bottom. Salt water had only bubbles sitting at the top. Sugar water only had yeast and bubbles at the top. 3 scoops of coconut cream caused it to explode in the balloon. Normal water just had bubbles on the top.

I:We had the 3 scoops of coconut cream explode in the balloon we weren't really expecting that to happen.

O:We noticed that the coconut cream expanded.

U:We understood that the coconut cream let the yeast grow so much it expanded into the balloon.

I took 5 energy drinks Best Shot, 5 Hour Energy, Amp, Red bull, and Monster MX3 Super concentrate. We put 5 Polyacrolyte Crystal's in each vile. we had 1 vile for each energy drink. The amp got the biggest polyacrolyte crystals. on day 1 amp got 28.4 pixels, on the second day it had grown to 363.225 pixels, on day three they shrank down to 354.9. the second runner up was the monster. they had 28.4 on day one, 356.875, and day three hey had a, 545.5. the third was red bull. the first day was 28.4, the second day they reached 285.2, and day three was 276.6. The fourth was best shot, day one was 28.4, the second day was 265.625, and day three was 216.1. the last was five hour energy with a day one of 28.4, day two was 251.25, and day three was a 102.75 they all turned the specific color of the drink, the amp and monster and mp turned green, the five hour energy and best shot turned red and pink, and the red bull had different colors, but one of the red bulls had bubbles form inside it which prevented growth, that took down the average of the red bull and that's probably why it was three, most of the other red bulls were as big as the amps.

My team and I did an experiment with different liquids and yeast.

Our question to our lab was How does different liquids affect the gasses yeast makes. I thought carbonated liquids would make more gasses but I learned just plain water and yeast made the most gas.

For our evidence we used balloons to catch the gas.

Our inaccuracies were not having enough balloons for each of our test tubes. We had three balloons and 6 test tubes. And on top of that one balloon got a hole. I observed the water and the yeast made the biggest balloon. I understand that my prediction was incorrect. I thought carbonated liquids mixed with yeast would blow up the biggest balloon but it was just water and yeast.

Article posted November 8, 2011 at 08:05 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 67

Mukda, Ryley and I asked the question "Would different liquids effect the growth of orbies?" Our answer turned out to be yes! Our liquids consited of milk, juice (orange mango carrot), powerade (white cherry), tea, and cherry limeade! The reason I know this is because we took them out if a vial, put them under a microscope and measured them. We measured the diameter in pixels! Before we out the orbies in the liquids they all measured out to be 127.7 px. After 15 minutes we noticed that some of the orbies got bubbly and gross looking. The milk measured to 210.3px, the juice was 266.7px, powerade 283.9px, the tea was the same as the powerade (283.9px) and the cherry limeade was 213.9px. That was in the 15 minutes if sitting in the liquid. After 24 hours-- the milk was 394.5px, juice 384.2px, powerade 418.3px, tea was 493.3px, and the cherry limeade was 256.4px.  Our final measurements were-- milk was 394.4px, juice was 389.9px, poweade was 432.4px, tea was 516.8px and the cherry limeade was 225.9px. So, yes. Different iquids effect the growth of the orbies!!!

Me and my team did an experiment wondering if the crystals would grow differently in different temperatures of water. The answer to our hypothesis after to days of observing was that the colder the water the bigger the crystals got. The first day we filled three different vials with 20 ml of tap water we then put one in the fridge one under the heat lamp and the last on the counter. throughout the 2 days we averaged the sizes of the crystals and it showed that THE COLDER THE BIGGER! Some things that could of went wrong is different amounts of water and that the vile in the fridge could of been put in a colder spot the first day then the second. At the end of it all i now understand that different environments really do effect whats in it. and i have evidence

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 08:26 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 72

My question was

" what will different types of liquids affect the orbeez?"

Different types of liquids affect the orbeez by, some liquids the orbeez stay little for example the mixed container the orbeez only got 246.0 px. The mixed container had red monster blue monster salt water sugar water and dr pepper.

But the bigger orbeez were in blue monster the salt water and the red monster the blue monster size was 410.1px and the salt water is 536.0 and the red monster was 381.2. The dr pepper and the sugar water were in the middle of all of the sizes. I under stand why the orbeez in different liquid were different sizes.my possible source or error was we had test tubes and when the orbeez got to big we couldn't get them out, and the other one we could of had not the same amount of liquid in each tube. And that's my conclusion.

Since last time we experimented with brine shrimp we got some weird results so we decided to try a new experiment. We put brine shrimp in test tubes full of sugar water, sprite, clean water, salt water and lemon water and put the vials under a heat lamp. Brine shrimp can hatch in many different liquids but only in a few they can live we found out. The brine shrimp hatched in all the liquids but only lived over the whole period of time in salt water and sugar water. We were all so happy that they hatched in the salt water because we have been trying to do this for a while now. Our evidence is we put the little eggs under the microscope and looked to find life such as empty eggs and the shrimp swimming or just staying in one spot but out of the egg. We found is the second day in every liquid but the third day we only found them still swimming in two. Some of the error we had is that we could not get the exact same amount if eggs in each, we also could not get the exact same amount of liquid in each vial. I observed some if the live brine shrimp moving and swimming around. I got to see a few of the shrimp come out of the eggs. That helps me to know that there was living brine shrimp. I understand now that the shrimp need their own environment to live in. When we did the experiment with the brine shrimp and did not put it under the heat lamp we dud nit get any to hatch in anything but sugar water but once we put it under the lamp more hatched. I still don't understand why the eggs could hatch in different environments and how they only sometimes hatch in salt water. I think it's odd how they don't hatch in their natural environment.

So for the last 3 days me and my partner Deidra have been doing a project on brine shrimp. We tried to see what liquids they would hatch in. The materials we used were; brine shrimp, sugar water, sprit(soda), regular water, salt water,lemon water and a  heat lamp. We keep the same was the amount of brine shrimp and the heat lamp. Some thing we changed was the liquids we had them in.We recorded it by days and found out that the brine shrip had hatched at least 8 or more in each liquid.

Our question was can the brine shrip hatch in different liquids? 

And the conclution was yes the can hatch in diferent liquids.

I'm still curious on how they hatched in each of liquids because they all were different.

On November first we made an experiment to see what environment the brine-shrimp could live in. the way we did are experiment we filled the viles with things the we would think that the brine-shrimp would hatch in. Are first vill was filled with pop/smarties and water, next one egg/salt and water, third just salt water, forth pepper/smarties and water, fifth chocolate and water,last of all smashed smarties and water (the water was just tap) after 24 hours the brine-shrimp turned different colors they started at brown to really bright, also the brine-shrimp in vile (1) they sunk to the bottom and just floated. vile (2) the egg had trapped the brine-shrimp in the egg so we said that it was a dead vile. vile (3) the salt water had a lot of bubble!! we put them in a micro scope to see what was happening the eggs where hatching. vile (4) the pepper was sitting at bottom with the brine-shrimp we put that in the micro scope too and they where all dead. vile (5) the water was Smokey because of the chocolate we also put that in the micro scope too also dead. vile (6) the brine-shrimp sat at the bottom finally we had another vile that was alive! hatching ever second one after another! so we found that the brine-shrimp can hatch salt water and smashed up smarties. thank you.

In class Mukda, Jaycie, and I did a experiment on orbies. Our question was why do the orbies get bigger? They get bigger because they are sucking up the liquid and expanding. We used milk, orange juice, powerade, tea and cherry limeade. We put 5 orbies in each viles. I didn't think that the orbies would grow in the milk and the orange juice but they all grew at least a little bit in every vile. I saw that the orbies in the tea were more oval instead off round, and the orbies in the milk were more clear, in the tea they turned brown. The orbies turn the color of the liquid they were in. I understand orbies are not living but they just expand and absorb the liquid they are in. I don't get how they absorb the liquid. When I feel the orbies before and after they have been on the water they don't feel like the type of thing to absorb liquids.

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 08:22 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 55

The answer to our which was how do different liquids affect yeast? we concluded that liquids and chemicals mixed with the yeast caused a doughy smell to the drinks. the most effective liquid to the yeast was the coca cola soda it caused the most foulest odor.

Our evidence was the change of water levels and smells, we observed that the liquids and smells caused the liquid with most odor already, caused the most foulest smell. our sugar water vial smelled the most like yeast but the salt water smelled like rotten yeast.

The errors or inaccuracies that happened was we didn't exactly plan the yeast data and collecting and forgot to get balloons to measure and collect data.

We observed that overtime the liquids got more and more disgusting smelling and that the yeast pretty much sent off doughy smells to all the liquids.

I understand that the yeast did affect the liquids in smell and appearance, and i think i learned a lot about yeast.

some questions i have for our expeirement is....

why did the yeast stay on the bottom the whole time?

why did some of the vials lose water and not gain it?

why in some vials were bubbles gathered at the surface.

It's Day 3 of different liquids affect on yeast and this is the affect.

Cocoanut water: didn't do anything when we put the yeast in, we put a balloon on top of the test tube to see if it blew up but the balloon didn't.

Monster energy drink: didn't do anything when we put the yeast in, we put a balloon on the test tube, that didn't do anything either.

Sierra mist: no affect.

Water: no affect.

Sugar water: no affect.

Sugar water: the balloon is still blown up from day 2.

Salt water: is empty because Tyler dumped it out for some reason.

Our question was how do different liquids affect the yeast, We found that the ones with salt in them they smell the worst.the sugar water smells better because the yeast takes in sugar. The evidence was that the liquids changed over time. so the airs were we forgot to get balloons for measuring our data.

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 06:26 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 67

In class my team did a polyacrylate experiment where we had 5 different vials with a different liquids in each vial. In vial 1 we had regular water the polyacrylate or other wise known as Orbies expanded as usual after 24 hours our orbies were 615.7 px. After 48 hours they were 630.8 px which means they shrunk! Vial 2 had hydrogen peroxide, at 24 hours they were 656.5 px and at 48 hours they were 598.0 px. Vial 3 had salt water, the orbits in salt water barely expanded at all! After 24 hours they were on 268.8 px and 48 they were 292.6 px. Vile 4 had dirty water and in this vile after 24 hours they were 620.9 px and after 24 hours 623.6 px. I thought it was interesting how all of the orbies except for vial 3 and 4 shrunk after 48 hours. The salt water and dirty water vials expanded after 48 hours andni do not understand why those two vials did not shrink when the other 3 did...

Our team testes to see if water temperature affects the rate of growth in polyacrylate crystals, which are little orbs that appear to be plastic but when you put them in water they absorb the water and grow into squishy balls. We put one cup of four balls with 20ml of water in it under a heat lamp, another cup in a refrigerator, and another in a room temperature area. What we found out was the colder the water, the more water was absorbed. We measured the size of the balls and the amount of water left after 24 hours and the cold crystals were bigger in size and had less water left than the warm and hot water. Thing that could've caused errors in our results were spilling water, breaking the crystals, mixing them up, or freezing the water. We observed that the colder the water, the bigger the balls. I understand that when water is warmer, the molecules move around faster, and when it's cold, they move slower. But I wanna know if that had anything to do with how much water was absorbed.

We tested the diameter of the polyacrylate crystals while they were in dirty water, tap water, hydrogen peroxide, salt water and sugar water. Over the course of immediately, 10 minutes, 24 hrs and 48 hrs. Our question was 'which liquid makes the polyacrylate crystals grow the largest?' After each time interval the hydrogen peroxide caused the orbees (polyacrylate crystals) to grow the biggest! After 24 hrs. the orbees were 653 px in diameter in the hydrogen peroxide. While the closest orbees in diameter in any other liquid totaled 635 px (dirty water). Sometimes when we measured the orbees that were in hydrogen peroxide it wouldn't fit in the petridish for the microscope so the measurements may be a few pixels off. We observed that some of the orbees changed color because of the liquid they were in. For example, the hydrogen peroxide caused the orbees to turn clear, the sugar water made them turn red. I understand now that hydrogen peroxide cause the orbees to grow the most! I wonder what it is IN the hydrogen peroxide that makes them grow.. Mayb e the oxygen? Who knows? Maybe I'll conduct another experiment to find out! I'll keep ya updated!!!!

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 06:18 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 423

Me and my partner hadlei asked the question "How does the liquid affect the yeast?" and our answer is the the sugar water is the only one that affected the yeast by making the balloon blow up and it measured 6 inches around and then on the least day it shrunk a little from deflation and it shrunk down to 4.75 inches and the all started at 4.5 inches. Our evidence is we checked everyday for change and vial e is the only one that blew up a little it started at 4.5 inches then blew up to 6 inches then shrank to 4.75 inches. Inaccuracies or sources of error are the balloons were not sealed so it let gasses out. Observations are there was no change for vial a,b,c and d but vial e grew on the second day and shrunk on the last day. I understood that out of all our liquids vial e only made the balloon blow up. A pertinent question would be why did only sugar water make the balloon blow up?

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 06:16 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 170

my team an i did a class project on polyacrylate. we put three polyacrylate in each vile. we had 5 viles tottal. vile A: h20 Vile B: hydrogen peroxide Vile C salt H20 Vile D: sugar H20 nd Vile F: dirty H20. we found that the polyacrylate grew the biggest in the hydrogen peroxide. it also got pretty big in the sugar H20, dirty H20 and the reg. H20. it didnt grow very much in the salt water though? something that suprised me was that the polycrylate lost almost all thier color except for just a little pink in some. i understand that the water viles grew the biggest but i dont understand quite yet why the hydrogen peroxide made the polyacrylite grew the biggest.

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 05:49 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 152

All this week in science we have been doing a facinating experiment! My groups question was how different liquids effected how big the polyacrylate crystals, also know as orbies, grew. We had five liquids, water, hydrogen peroxide, sugar water, salt water, and dirt water. We observed that over a period of 48 hours, the hydrogen peroxide orbies were the biggest with a pixel length of 670, and the salt water the smallest with a pixel length of 318.5. Plain water had a measurement of 645.4 pixels, sugar water had a measurement of 634.8 pixels, and finally, dirt water with a measurement of 620.3 pixels. Some inaccuracies that could have occurred are any orbies over 640 pixels could have been a few pixels off in length, because we couldn't fit them completely under the microscope. I understood that orbies expand in water, but I didn't understand why that the orbies were so much smaller than the others. Why were the salt water orbies so much smaller than the other orbies?

First me and my partner Hanah brought in a bottle of apple juice, monster energy drink, sugar water, salt water, and cola we added the yeast and after a day mostly all the yeast settled to the bottom but we noticed that in the cola test tube the yeast had rose to the surface and created a brown circle around the top they alsmelt kind of like carbonated soda

This week during science we have been doing an experiment. My group is doing an experiment on polyacrylates! We put the polyacrylates in 5 different liquids which was H2O, Hydrogen peroxide, salt water, sugar water, and dirty water. We observed them immediately after we put them in, after 10 minutes, after 24 hours, and after 48 hours. Our question for the experiment was "How does different liquids effect the polyacrylate?" The water made the polyacrylate bigger (645.4 px) and turned lighter colored. The Hydrogen peroxide made the polyacrylate the biggest (670 px) out of all of the other ones. The salt water only made the polyacrylate a few px bigger then the actual size (311.2 px) and it made the water pink. The sugar water made the polyacrylates kind of lumpy, they turned red, and got bigger (634.8). The dirty water made the polyacrylate the bigger (620.3 px). Our inaccuracies were some of the measurements because we couldn't fit some of the polyacralate under the microscope!

Article posted November 2, 2011 at 06:32 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 97

Heidi and I created an experiment with polyacrylate crystals, known as Orbies. We wanted to see which liquid they would grow biggest in. We chose to put polyacrylate crystals in orange juice, salt water, carbonated water, sugar water and yeast water. We predicted that the orbits would grow very large in every liquid but the orange juice. We will check for results every day.