Article posted March 1, 2012 at 05:57 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 62

I made a baby with Cam Gigandet. And i found out that my baby will have brown hair, blueish green eyes and attached earlobes. And definitely both of our good looks(;

The reason why offspring that result from sexual reproduction are likely to have more diverse characteristics than offspring that result from asexual reproduction is because there are some traits that are more domonant than other traits like oval faces are more domonant than square faces. It is a confusing subject but once you have it down it is easy. The reason for this is that the cell goes throuh the phase mitoesis and it has both the oval and square face traits and wichever is more domonant comes out.

sexual reproduction is likely to have more diverse characteristics that asexual because in sexual you get gens from your mom and dad. if it was asexual you would be just the same as your twin

Article posted February 28, 2012 at 06:09 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 38

In class we have been studting genetics. I chose sertain traits for my mom and dad. The dad had curly hair(which is a dominant trait), black eyes(dominant trait), and freckles(dominant trait)! The mom had curly hair(dominant trait) blue eyes and no freckles. This is how the baby came out looking!

Explain why offspring that result from sexual reproduction are likely to have more diverse characteristics than offspring that result from asexual reproduction

Answer: Offspring’s with sexual reproduction are likely to have diverse characteristics, because with sexual reproduction you get half of your mothers genetics and half of your fathers genetics. Yet with asexual reproduction the cells is basically copying its self and splitting apart making it identical to the last.

Article posted March 1, 2012 at 08:15 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

Why do people come out different? Well it' because of meiosis. Meiosis is when a cell makes an exact copy of it self. When the cell is at about the 3 stage of meiosis the chromosome shuffles it's DNA resulting in different looks personality and traits. Meiosis is an important part in life because it creates diversity.

Offspring from sexual reproduction have more diverse characteristics then asexual reproduction because, asexual means that you don't need a mate to reproduce in sexual reproduction you do need a mate.when you have something made from sexual reproduction it gets genes from both mom AND dad, unlike asexual reproduction when it's offspring just get one pair of genes from the "parent". This is why sexual reproduction produces more diversity because they get more genes more traits.

http://educatoral.com/rm604/images/per3/g10/VeronicaHeidis.jpg

heres what i got from making a punnett square!

Article posted March 30, 2012 at 05:35 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 46

My class has been studing genetics and we have some traids from each parent like i have my blonde hair is a resessive trate and so are my blue eyes from my mom and my tallness is dominate from my dad. I get my good vision from my mom and that is a resessive trate. My stright hair is a Recessive traits om my mother.this is the genetics of me!!

.

This child has a fifty fifty chance of free ear lobes ,dark hair and dark eyes.

Sexual reproduction gives more variety because each parent has a differnt geno type so the baby will be differrent than thier parent. Asexual reproduction is miotosis the split of into two organisms of the same geneo.

Offspring that have been produced sexually have more diverse characteristics than being produced A sexual. Why? Because of genetics. When homozygous and heterozygous traits mate the more dominant trait over throws the recessive one. For example if u

click here

, you'll see a Punnett square. The BB is homozygous and the Bb is the heterozygous. As you see there is a 50% percent chance of BB and Bb. So to go further there is a 50% 0f thick eyebrows and 50% of thin eyebrows.

The following URL is a collection of Punnett squares I have done. http://educatoral.com/rm604/images/per3/g2/Genetics/

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 08:30 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

Eyes

e. e

E Ee. Ee

E Ee. Ee

Dark eyes

Hair

b. b

D Db. Db

d. db. db

Hair straight or curly

S S

C. CS. CS

S. CS. CS

Sexual reproduction are going to have diverse characteristic because the parents have 2 different genes. The 2 different genes will mix together causing the baby to have both of the mom and dad genetics. The baby can have the moms eyes or the dads face. Thats why we all look different frommeverybody. Through asexual reproduction there is only 1 gene to choos from. If we seer reproducted asexually we all would look the same!

In science we have been studying genetics by using punnett squares.

By using genetics, everyone in my class made a baby! My baby ended up having light eyes and hair and attached earlobes!

Article posted March 2, 2012 at 05:40 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

In science we were asked to answer this question and post it on our blog.

"Explain why offspring that result from sexual reproduction are likely to have more diverse characteristics than offspring that result from asexual reproduction."

My answer was:

"Offspring from sexual reproduction have more diverse characteristics because its a combination of two different pools of genetics, whereas asexual reproduction is from only one pool of genetics and characteristics."

Article posted March 2, 2012 at 06:07 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

This kid has an oval face, dark hair, and broad eyebrows. his dad is homozygous for his dark hair and broad eyebrows. the mom it homozyous for her oval face but hedorozygous for her blonde hair and thin eyebrows

People who have a sexual reproduction have the greater chance of people being different in almost every way. Unlike asexual which they would be excactly the same in every way. Because of meiosis copy's the DNA and meitosis splits in two then doing the same thing over and over and over again.

my baby

Article posted March 1, 2012 at 08:21 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

Offspring from sexual reproduction are more likely to have diverse characteristics because when sexual reproduction takes place the DNA is shuffled and put in a random order, then the the cell is split in half and it repeats the process, making the characteristics more diverse. When asexual reproduction takes place it makes an exact copy so the cells will be the same.

We learned about genetics. You get do inang and ressesive traits from eithere of your parents. If you had two blonde and blue eyes parents they would come out like the picture in the link below. (:

http://educatoral.com/rm604/images/per3/g10/jonnas.jpg

offspring that result from sexual reproduction has more diverse characteristics then offspring that result from asexual reproduction because when you reproduce asexually then you only get genes from one parent but when you reproduce sexually you get more genes therefor you get more characteristics.

The difference between asexual reproduction and sexual reproduction is found just by the definitions! asexual reproduction is when the offspring comes from one single parent. The genes come from one single parent. When sexual reproduction comes from two parents. as with the genes. They come from both parents. So from sexual reproduction they are more likely to have diverse characteristics because you are pulling genes from two different parents. Asexual only gives you one set of genes rom choose from.

This is henry and my baby. Ain't she beautiful!!?:)

Article posted March 1, 2012 at 08:03 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 38

They are more likley to have more divers offspring because the offspring gets 23 cells from the dad and 23 from the mom, and nature shuffles those genes and places them randomly. asexual reproduction, the cells separate and are copies of the original cells.

The question that is asked is: Explain why offspring that result from sexual reproduction are likely to have more diverse characteristics than offspring that result from asexual reproduction.

My explanation is that when you sexually reproduce you are mixing two sets of chromosomes together, it's like play dough kind of where pink is the mom and blue is the dad, when they sexually reproduce it's like the two play doughs are mixing together and that makes you a weird mix of pink and blue.

When something asexually reproduces it means it is creating another being out of itself like taking some red play dough ( which is the asexual creature) and taking some of the dough out of it leaving a child and a parent that look exactly the same.

Article posted February 24, 2012 at 06:26 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 33

This is what my kids could look like when me and hunter get married :p

The picture is pretty much explanitory it shows the different things that could have happened and when chosen by random what did happen.

See why i think that sexual reproduction is likely to have more diverse charactoristics than asexual reproduction is because when sexual reproduction has two parents and not one like asexual reproduction the child will have traits from the mom and traits from the dad. Asexual reproduction has only one parent. Mitosis has asexual reproduction and when the child or sister is made, it has the exact same everything just like the mother/mitosis that split itself and reproduced.

Sexual reproduction have more diverse characteristics because 2 parents have 2 different genes. For example if the mother's eye color is blue and short and the dad's eye color is green and tall, it will take half of the mother's gene and half of he dad's gene and will have 50% of each other's gene to make a baby. The baby might have a blue eye color and tall because the mom has blue eyes and dad is tall. If it is asexual reproduction all of us will be the same like the same faces and eye colors and others.

Today we did the same thing as yesterday but instead of doing peas we used flowers and this is what I got for results.

Cross- white flower and red flower

Prediction- red will be stonger 

Result- will be red

Concussion- Turned

Cross- r2 and w2 

prediction- will be pink 

Result- all pink

Conclusion- red and white mixed and red is still stronger 

Cross-r2 and r1 

Prediction- all red

Result-100% red

Conclution- nothing changed because the same color flower

Cross- r2 and w1

Prediction- all pink

Result-all pink

conclution-white mix with red

Cross- pink and pink

Prediction- all pink

Result- 50% pink 25% red 25% red

Conclusion- not sure

Cross- pink and red 

Prediction- will be red

Result- half is red and half is pink

concultion- don't know what happened 

Cross- Pink and white

Prediction- all pink

Result- half of pink and half of white

Conclution- pink is not as dominate as white 

Article posted February 15, 2012 at 08:21 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 33

In class today we did a thing with genetics. We did a assignment with yellow and green peas. This is what I did.

Prediction- y and g  

Results of course- 50y - 50g  (From Mr. G - y and g cross gave 100% yellow offspring!!)

Conclution- I think that this had happened bc the yellow might have been stronger than the green 

Write on course you would like to do- y1 with g

Prediction of outcomes of cross- that there will be 75% yellow and 25% green

Results of cross- yellow was 100%

conclution-Yellow is stinger than the green

Another cross- y and g1

prediction- yellow will be the most 

Results- 100% yellow

Conclution- yellow is still stronger 

# 4 cross- G1 and y2 

Predition- yellow will be stonger

Results- half and half 

Conclution cross- generation is stinger

5 cross- g2 and y 

Prediction- half an half

Results- all yellow 

Concultion- yellow is still stronger 

Explain what you think is happening- I think that the yellow is stronger and that the green is weak and that's why the pea is coming out yellow. 

Article posted March 2, 2012 at 03:01 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 33

Answer: offspring’s with sexual reproduction are likely to have diverse characteristics, because with sexual reproduction you get have of half your mothers genes and half of your fathers genes. Yet with asexual reproduction the cells is simple copying its self and splitting apart making it identical to the last.