Article posted February 6, 2012 at 06:06 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 661

The gym door handle had the most bacteria. My question was which surface had the most bacteria. I predicted the toilet seat but it was the door handle which had an explosionof bacteria. I think the toilet seat is inaccurate becayse it had no bacteria and it even was used . I also did the toilet handle and gum under the table. The toilet handle only had one dot of bacteria and the gum had 3. And tothis conclusion don't forget to wash your hands to protect yourelf and others.

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 06:38 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 52

My team and I did an experiment with bacteria in our school we tested computer keyboards, door handles, a lunchroom table,and a bathroom seat. One of my questions was, what has the most bacteria?,I predicted that the door handle would have more bacteria, we swabbed it and over time it grew more than anything else so it was the door handle! We had a medium amount of bacteria between the others, amazingly the lunchroom table had more bacteria than the bathroom seat. From what I have seen it seems as if, the more that different organisms touch something the more bacteria grows on it.

Article posted February 7, 2012 at 06:18 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 62

The question that we asked before we started was what surface would grow

the most bacteria. We had predicted that the toilet seat would have grown the most bacteria but IT DIDN'T as a matter of fact it didn't grow any bacteria at all. The surface that we predicted would grow the least amount of bacteria grew the most the gym door handles. The gum under the table had grown one colony but we had some contamination because the other colony was off of the spot we swabbed. After the first day we noticed that the gym door handle section was crawling with bacteria it was an explosion of bacteria. I think it would be fun to do this lab again, because I think that the toilet seat was just cleaned that night and next time i think we should swab it at the end of the day.

Article posted February 10, 2012 at 05:58 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 63

I think that the school water fountain is not safe to drink from! The bacteria on the water fountain next to the gym is discusting! I dont think i will ever drink from out school water fountains again! The lunch table is clean enough to eat on. The toilet seat is the worst! There is a lot of germs and bacteria! Juding by the amount, I will be very uncomfortable to go to the bathroom. And, i will be squating from now on. I beleive that there is poop particles on the toilet seat.

Our evidence is the bacteria in the petri dish, and these photos. My team forgot to just do a zig zag on about 2 of the objects so some of the bacteri could have grown or just been from something else. I feel like i understood everything.(:

In our lab we swabbed different areas around our school looking for bacteria. my teamate and I predicted that There would more bacteria in the toilet. we were correct there were more bactiria in that area. there were more colnies and they were the largest we located in our pitri dish. We had one area and that was we cracked the augor. We observed after preparation of 24 hours and 48hours there was nothing. Only the toilet and water fountain colneis had bactiria in the fountain there was a very small one but nothing else. The sink Had no evidence of bacteria. Bacteria is every where. If we had observed for a longer time we might be able to see our bactiria grow more.

My friends and I did a test for bacteria in different places in the school. The questions we asked was what kinds of bacteria there are? where are the bacteria? is there bacteria in our school? we tested the door handle, toilet water, bathroom floor, porters door handle. are results showed that the bathroom floor had the most bacteria, then it was the toilet water, then it was the door handle, then the last was porters door handle. our research showed that the bathroom floor has the most bacteria. thank you for reading

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 06:13 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 81

I declare that the school water fountain is NOT safe to drink from! the bacteria on the water fountain next to the gym is OUTRAGOUS! I wil never drink water from our school wter fountains again! The lunch table is clean enough to eat on. The toilet seat is the worst! There is a lot of germs and bacteria! Juding by the amount i am not going to be sitting, i will be squating from now on. Or making my own seat cover out of a bunch of toilet paper squares. I beleive that there is poop particles on the toilet seat.

Our evidence is the bacteria in the petri dish, abd these photos.My team forgot to just do a sig zag on about 2 of the objects so some of the bacteri could have grown or just been from something else. I feel like i understood everything.

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 08:27 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 60

My classmate and I did an experiment on bacteria. Our question was which sample had the most bacteria? Our sample with the most bacteria was the soil. My evedence was that there was some slimy liquid and it looked like it originated from the bacteria zone. We actualy collected samples from the lunch room, bath room, key board and playground soil and soil came out on top. After we collected the sample we then put it in the incubator and grew the bacteria. After we grew the bacteria we then do not open it because the bacteria could contaminate the room. So in our experiment the soil was has the most bacteria I think it has the most most bacteria because people walk over the soil and their shoe carries bacteria.

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 06:08 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 48

I conclude that the door handles in our school carry the most bacteria in our school. The are in which we swabbed the door handle there are several colonies. In one area there is a big rough edged blotch of bacteria, there's also another area that almost looks like it was spray-painted on. On inaccuracy we had was where we swabbed the gum under the tables there's is a spot of bacteria growing out of the z-shape we swabbed. I learned that bacteria can form perfectly rounded circles and that they can grow in different shapes. I wonder why on the door handles area the bacteria didn't all grow in the same size/ shape and color something to look into next time I guess!

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 08:03 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 53

So... me and my group decided to swab the door handle, lunchroom table, toilet seat, and the locker room locker for bacteria. We made a bad mistake when we put the bacteria in the container because we broke the agar that was at the bottom of the container. it broke in all the sections except for the toilet seat section. 24hrs later after we stuck the petrie dish in the incubator we found only one small speck in the toilet seat section. we believe that it didn't grow anywhere else because we broke the agar which was the food, which made it so the bacteria couldn't eat..we found out that bacteria cant feed of plastic...that is all for are observation:)

Bacteria in our school is everywhere. So James and I decided to do an experiment! We swabbed 4 areas of our school to see the bacteria growth. We swabbed the gym floor, the water fountain, the toilet, and the bottom of my shoe. The area that had the most bacteria growth was the gym floor. Therefor, the gym floor is the most contaminated part of the four parts that we swabbed.

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 08:18 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 49

So....my group and I decited to swab the door handle,toilet seat,locker room locker and the lunch table for bacteria. We zig zaged the q tip to hard and the food broke. The next day we checked it and there was no bacteria except in one spot on the toilet seat side. We think the bacteria couldn't grow cuz we broke there food.

We learned that even in school bacteria can grow with the right conditions. Millions of bacteria grow every where in the sink,in the water fountain,in the urnial, and the hall way ceiling. The urnial had the most bacteria in it with the auager the bacteria florished the food the water and heat were the right conditions the colonies were a ivory kind of color. All of the colonies were that color, imagine the amount of bacteria wich are every were live on us and most things we touch.

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 06:27 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 45

In the past week we started a bacteria lab. My group took 4 q-tips and wet the ends. We swabbed the toilet seat, the water fountain, the ipad screen and a door handle! Our question was 'What part of our school has the most bacteria?' The water fountain had the most bacteria, there was bacteria all over the water fountain part of the petri dish, it was kinda yellow. The toilet had the 2nd most bacteria, There were yellow splatters on the petri dish. The IPad screen some drops two were kinda big and four were tiny, the size of needle points. The door handle had as much bacteria as the iPad screen and the drops were kinda brown. We might have been inaccurate on the bacteria because there might have been bacteria in the air that got on the q-tips. It's gross to think that bacteria is all over our school!

the part of the school that has the most bacteria that we swabed was the door handle.we swabed computer lab key board, bathroom toilet, lunchroom tables, and the door handle to the lunchroom.we had a medium amount of bacteria that we grew. it was amazing that the lunch room table had more bacteria then the toilet seat. the door handle had the most bacteria more than all the others we tested it was weird. we had an error on the computer key board becuase when we swabbed it cracked the food stuff and thats probebly why they didnt grow on it. i learnd that most places you think would have the most bacteria but dosen`t have that much like the toilet we didnt get anything. what part of the school do you think has the most bacteria.

In our class we have done a project that could have endangered us all. We were dealing with organisms that could've killed us if we were unsafe and did not get treated if infected. Now you're probably wondering what were these eigth graders doing? We were observing the bacteria in our school. Another objective was figuring out where was the most dirty place in our school. Out of the four locations we swabbed (sink, water fountain, ceiling, and urinal) we found that the urnal contains the most bacteria. The next location was the water fountain, following the sink, and after that the ceiling. I conclude that there is indeed bacteria in our school and depending on the location there can be millions.

My questions are "what color is the bacterias?" and "what size are the batteries" and "what type of a bateria are they?" for my observation I got no bateria growing in my petri dish except for the bathroom faucet. The size of the bacteria is very very tiny but I can't tell the exact size of the bateria. The color of the bateria is a yellow color mix with white. I could not identify what type ofthe bacteria it was but that is what I got from my data. What happened was that in the bathroom faucet the agar broke when we dipped in the Q-tip. My prediction was that I thought the most bateria would be the mouth but the bateria that we got was for the bathroom faucet and I thought that the towel Presser would get the least batercia but we didn't grow any bacteria for the towel pressure, mouth, and the toilette flusher. I thought that it was pretty strange how we barely got any bacteria to grow at all! My questions is why didn't we grow any bacteria in the mouth, toilette flusher or the towel Presser? I thought bacterias are suppose to exist everywhere...

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 05:56 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 49

During the past few days, my group has been doing an experiment about bacteria in our school! We went around and swabbed four random spots in our school (my team did the toilet seat, the water fountain, the iPad screen, and the lunch room door handle) with wet Q-tips. We then rubbed the Q-tips in their correct quadrant of the petri dish, then incubated them- to grow the bacteria- then made observations at 24 hours and 48 hours. The results were astounding.

The question I had going into this experiment was 'What part of our school has the most bacteria?'. After growing the bacteria for 48 hours, the answer was the water fountain! That section of the dish was covered in bacteria. It was soo gross! I'm definitely never using that fountain again! An inaccuracy that could have happened was while we transported the Q-tip, we could've had bacteria from the air float on to it and contaminate the sample. The close second was the toilet seat, the third with the lunchroom door handle, and the place with the least bacteria was the iPad! Some questions I had after this experiment was why the iPad was less dirty than the door handle because the iPad is never cleaned and the handle is supposed to be cleaned everyday!

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 05:56 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 41

My original question about bacteria in our school was if there's more bacteria on things that get cleaned often but touched often, or things that don't get touched often and very seldom cleaned. I swabbed the basketball, the water fountain nozzle, the microphone in the auditorium, and the door handle. It turns out the microphone has the most bacteria by far. There was one big colony of bacteria growing. The basketball had the next most, then the handle and the nozzle had little if any bacteria. I originally predicted the handle would have the most bacteria but now I know the things that don't get washed often are the dirtiest.

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 08:22 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 51

set up the dish and wet the q-tip, then had out and gather data/the infected swabs, apply the bacteria and make for quadrens and apply the bacteria in the four places and close, tape it shut and lable the dish then flip upside down. when done we get rid of the dishes forever!!

the places we picked

-the bathroom

-the lunchroom

-outside-soil

-keyboard

the bathroom

the bath room parts are looking like big green spots.The next day the bathroom looks like the bacteria from yesterday but just a lot bigger and more has grown not much difference.

the lunchroom

the lunch room parts and looks like little brown spots. the next day the lunch room has showen that it has grown a bunch more then yesterday it has grown/spread out alot more.

the outside-(soil)

out side looks a place with dirt with the egg on it.the next day out side had the most persforments in the whole proscesses it is spreading faster then anything else.

the key board

the key board is clear it looks like nothing is in there.the next day the key board- still nothing...

and thats my bateria project (:

Article posted February 9, 2012 at 07:59 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 62

I think the bathroom had the most bacteria because it had the most spots. The agar nutrient was ripped in the outside soil area, which could have affected the amount of bacteria. We noticed little brown splotches in the bathroom section. I wasn’t sure exactly why the bathroom had the most bacteria because I don’t know if the amount of spots or marks on the agar matter. What I am wondering is how you determine how much bacteria you got exactly.

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 08:02 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 53

The sink nob has the most bacteria on it. My evidence is it has the biggest mark in the triangle. Maybe we did not swab the flusher enough and that is why there is no bacteria. I would think that would be one of the dirtiest places in the school and it did not grow anything. We must have done something wrong there. There is white dots in some of the places. I don't want to touch too much stuff at school. I want to wash my hands so much! I really enjoyed this experiment because it taught me to be more carefull in the gross dirty areas. 

Article posted February 10, 2012 at 06:02 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 43

We did an expirement. We had to  swab different surfaces, we swabbed the gym door, the toilet seat, the toilet flusher and the gum under the table. We put it in a petri dish to grow the bacteria, here's what we found!

The gym door handle has the most bacteria out of the toilet seat, flusher, and gum under the table. The toilet seat had absolutely no colonies of bacteria growing on the agar. The toilet flusher had one large colony. The gum underneath our table grew three colonies of bacteria. The gym doors had over 20 colonies and two gigantic colonies. Most of the colonies were the size of a “.” some were the size of a “o” and the largest one was about twice the size of an “O”. One of our inaccuracies was  contamination. In our gum under the table, there is bacteria growing away from where we swabbed, it was a contamination. In conclusion, if you go to Chimacum schools, I suggest that you was your hands after touching the doors.

In this lab we swabbed various areas of our schoolfor bacteria. I predicted that There would more bacteria We got from the toilet. I was corrected. The evidence for this is that the most colnies and the largest we located here. We had one area or fault in preparation and that was we cracked the augor which was a nuitriet derived from soy. We observed after preparation 24 hours later and 48hours. Only the toilet, water fountain and sink and colneis. The sink Had no evidence of bacteria. Bacteria is every where. I wonder if we had observed for a longer time if the bacteria would continue to grow.

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 06:23 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 48

There is bacteria everywere in our school. me and Jonny decided to swab 4 different places in our school we swabed the gym floor, the bottom of Jonnys shoe, the toilet seat and the water fountian by the gym. we found that the gym floor had the most bacteria by far. All of the other sections had just little dots of bacteria, but the gym floor had a huge colony of bacteria about the size of a fingernail. So of the 4 spots we swabed the gym floor had the most bacteria.

Article posted February 9, 2012 at 08:10 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 46

My team and I did an experiment with testing bacteria around our school. We were curious about which part of the school had the most bacteria. After testing a computer keyboard in the middle school computer lab, door handle into our school, lunchroom tables and toilet seats, the most bacteria grew from the door handle. I predicted that the toilet seat would grow the most it was a surprise to learn door handles grew the most. Our evidence was the bacteria we grew in petri dishes! We had a few inaccuracies with our experiment. We actually had to try out experiment two times. the first time we attempted to grow bacteria, we grew absolutely no bacteria. I'm not sure why the first time we tried to grow the bacteria it didn't grow but the second time it did. I understand even though we had inaccuracies we learned how bacteria grows.

In the future I'd like to learn why the first time tried to grow the bacteria it wasn't successful.

My original question was 'Where In our school does the most bacteria live?' And over the last 3 days we conducted an experiment by swabbing surfaces around our school to put in an incubator at the same temperature as our bodies to see how much bacteria grew. We swabbed 4 surfaces. A basketball, a door handle, the auditorium microphone and the water fountain nozzle. Originally I predicted that the door handle would grow the most bacteria, because so many kids hands touch it everyday. But it was evident that 24 hours after growing, that it was the auditorium mic. I was stunned at how much the mic's bacteria grew compared to everything else. But the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. I mean, your mouth is the dirtiest place in your body, which has been scientifically proven. So the fact that a bunch of kids spit is launched onto it each month and it is never cleaned, it is clear why so much bacteria grew! By the time 48 hours went by there was a colony the size of a quarter that grew. So conclusion of this experiment is that out of the places we swabbed, the microphone in the auditorium carried the most bacteria.

Article posted February 7, 2012 at 06:28 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 51

Bacteria in Our School

A: for 48 hours of bateria growing we have seen that the girls bathroom door knob is the one with the most bacteria out of the four.

E: our evidence for this answer is how many bacteria colonies that have grown in it's section and how big they are compared to the other bateria colonies in the other samples.

I: In our project we didn't have any inaccuracies or scources of error.

O: in our observations we saw that the drinking fountain we swabbed had no bacteria growing (THANK GOD). We observed that the door knob we saw bed was the one with the most bacteria, with 4 bateria colonies that were smooth yellow and whitish bumps. Mr. diPretes mouth was the second bacteria scorch that had 3 bacteria colonies that were yellow bumps. The smallest bacteria swab we did was the girls bathroom toilet handle that had only 2 bacteria colonies that were yellow smooth bumps.

U: I understood that bacteria grows in multiple places, maybe not in bleached areas like the drinking fountain (we suspected that's why it had no bacteria) and that everywhere we go there's bacteria-even in hospitals!

The sink knob had the most bacteria on it. my question was what area of the school had the most bacteria on or in the certain areas. the second most was the lunch tables, which had a big white dot. the gym floor had a little strip of bacteria. and the Trip Lever (Flusher) on the toilet had the least.

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 06:33 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 70

This is the caps lock button on the g8 computer. This is 48 hours after contact.

This is a swab of a urinal which surprisingly has no bacteria. This is 48 hours after contact.

This is pearls mouth. 48 hours after contact.

This was a tampon box that had one used tampon in it. 48 hours after contact.

We decided that the keyboard hd the most bacteria because it had the most colonys of bacteria on it, and pearls mouth came in 2nd place for that title.

A. Our question was which place is the dirtiest and I concluded that the keyboard was the dirtiest, if you think otherwise live a comment below.

E. The evidence for my conclusion is that the petri dish is covered with hundreds of colony's of bacteria the mouth also had quite a lot of bacteria I don't think there was as much as the keyboard.

I. The first thing I swabbed I forgot to do the zigzag motion and that was the urinal we also forgot to run it through water so we kinda messed up there, I also accidentally opened the lid too long so some of it got contaminated.

O. I observed that some parts were contaminated and the places that I had expected to have the most bacteria had actually the least.

U. I think that we muffed up a lot and we could do better if we did it again and actually remembered to moisten the q-tip and swab it correctly.

Y. Why was there little or no bacteria in a used urinal?

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 07:53 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 58

for our bacteria lab we decided on swabbing the girls bathroom toliet seats the cafeteria tables, band room and boys bathroom we picked these places becuase we were predicting those places would have the nost bacteria. the results we came out with the next day is that the cafeteria got the most bacteria but for the others we found nothing. i thought it was really cool that we got to learn and grow bacteria i learned a lot and hope some day i can learn more about it.

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 08:28 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 45

Okay.. My group and I swabbed the locker room locker, door handle, top of lunch room table, toilet seat. When we zig zag swipped we did it too hard and the food broke on accident. We only grew bactira in one spot and the rest counldnt grow cuz we broke there food.

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 08:27 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 53

My team are working on bacteria. We swab a bird, tire, dugout, and telephone. It work and it was very disgusting. Everything we swab has a bacteria on them. I don't know why some of them doesn't work. The tire was big, the telephone just small but at least there is something than nothing, the bird formed like a "V" and the dugout was just a regular bacteria. The ones I just discuss are bacteria. After my team and I are with it, we threw right away because it was disgusting.

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 06:39 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 63

The bathroom floor was the only place we swabbed that had bacteria. My question was Where do you predict part of the school has the most bacteria? I thought it was goons be Porters door handle but I was wrong it was the bathroom floor. When I looked in the pee-tree dish I saw a lot of nasty white stuff growing. I think we could have been more accurate with our swabbing by swabbing the more dirty parts of our school I think a lot of bacteria is on the ground and not so much on door handles and toilet water. By looking at other people's pee-tree dishes i think Most of the bacteria grows on the ground or on dead things, and bacteria grows best in body temperature (98.6).

My group swabbed the commons and that's where we found the most bacteria. The question i wanted to answer was where is the most bacteria out of the 4 places we swobbed? And we had no bacteria on the bathroom floor and the door handle. We found 1 bacteria from the playground and 3 from the commons.

So in class we were studying about bacteria. Me and my group had to swab 4 places. We chose to do the six grade bathroom sink nob and flusher, gym flood and lunch room table. Our job wad to to see witch place had the most bacteria. So we had a petrie dishes with 4 different sections. We got four different cotton q-tips and got them wet. We went around the school and seabed the ares. We can back to the class room and did a zig-zag pattern in the petrie dish. We taped the petrie dish shut so it wouldn't open in the incubator. After one day we check on them and saw that the six grade bathroom sink nob had the most bacteria. Second was lunch room table, gym floor and last was the six grade bathroom was the flusher. So there for the sick nob has the most bacteria in the school according to me and my group.

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 06:22 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 57

A: for 48 hours of bacteria growing we have seen that the girl s bathroom door knob is the one with the most bateria out of the four.

E: our evidence for this answer is how many bacteria colonies that have grown in it's section and how big they are comparen to the bateria colonies in the other samples

I: in our project we didn't have any inaccuraciesnor scorches of error

O: in our observation we saw that the drinking fountain we swabbed had no bactria growing. We observed that the door knob we saw the bed was the one with the most Bactria, with 4 batercia colonies. That were smooth yellow and whitish bumps. Mr.DiPretes mouth was the second bacteria scorch that had 3 bacteria colonies that were yellow bumps. The smallest bacteria swab we did was the girls bathroom toilet handle that had only 2 bacteria colonies that were yellow smooth bumps.

U: I understand that bacteria grows in multiple places, maybe not in bleache'd areas like the drinking fountain (we suspected that's why it had no bacteria ) and that everywhere we go there's bacteria-even in the hospitals.