Sophia's blog-

Environment
This week and the last week we were doing environmental experiments on how different materials can change over time! The materials that we used was red sand, yeast, polyachrylate, radish's, and brine shrimp. We put them all into viles which were filled with three different liguids that were filled with salt water, sugar water, and plain water. There was no changes for any of the materials in salt water, they were all nonliving. Even the brine shrimp didn't hatch in the salt water, which is very unusual because that's where brine shimp live. For the sugar water only 2 materials were living which were the radishes and the brine shrimp. The radishes are living because they grew sprouts and the brine shrimp was living because they moved and hatched. In the regular water 2 things were living which were the same things that were living in the sugar water. Some of the living features appeared nonliving because they only can live in certain waters. Some things can't live in salt water, sugar water or regular water. Also seeds hibernate so they don't live or grow sometimes. This is my blog for the environment, thanks for reading!

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 12:26 PM • comment • Reads 48 • see all articles