Cactus Blog 05/02/12
Snails 05/02/12
Food miles 03/22/12
Diversity 03/01/12
Baby 03/01/12
Bacteria 02/03/12
enviroment 10/20/11
Global warming. 10/10/11
7random facts of Zach 09/30/11
the first law 05/26/10
the within the force 04/23/10
golden glog 03/25/10
our wiki 03/17/10
our wiki 03/17/10
Weeds 11/26/09
volcanoes 11/15/09
7 super stuff of me 11/03/09
Cipus 11/02/09

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 05:07 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 260

Yes, I think that global warming is happening and i do believe that it is effecting our world! Yes i think we, we as in the humans that live on this planet can stop global warming. If we dont stop global warming then some major things might happen to our planet, some unfixable things! One of the major problems are CARS! They are polluting our air! A solution to this car problem could be riding bikes to get to our destenation. Or we could even carpool. In my opinion, If we made that change and cut down on driving cars that could help the world so much!

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 06:21 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 69

I think that humans can help global warning but cannot stop it because it has already happened. If we could stop it the north and south pole would probably slowly remake themselves. I don't think that global warming can be stopped because it has already started.

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 01:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

We as humans create many things that destroy our atmosphere such as industries, cars, heating homes and cuting down trees. This is only a little of what we are doing. We create too many green house gasses. If too much CO2 gets into the atmosphere then it will lead to great floods, droughts and more spreading of infectious diseases. It will also increase the inensity of heat waves that come down to earth.

The website([LINK]) states the folowing facts and myths:

A myth: Global warming is just part of a natural cycle. The Arctic has warmed up in the past.

A fact: The global warming we are experiencing is not natural. People are causing it.

A fact: Actualy, water vapor traps more heat than CO2, because of the relationships among CO2, water vapor and climate, to fight global warming nations must focus on controlling CO2.

1. Can people do something now to fix the global warming part of climate change?

- Yes, based on reading many diffrent articles on the internet, I think that there is somthing that we can do to help slow-down or stop global warming from getting out of hand. Here are a few things we can do:

- We can start planting more trees for every tree that we cut down(because cutting down trees is a buisness and most won't quit doing it).

- We could pull our minds together and find more efficient ways in every day life such as better electric cars(from what I've herd most electric cars suck).

- We could make more homes using solar power or wind powered electricity.

These are great ways to help put a stop to global warming.

2. Should we do something now to fix global warming? Why or why not?

- Yes, even if we are late we still have time to fix it.

- If we don't:

Global warming is having a significant impact on hundreds of plant and animal species around the world. According to:([LINK]) "Clearly, if such ecological changes are now being detected when the globe has warmed by an estimated average of only 1 degree F (0.6 C) over the past 100 years, then many more far-reaching effects on species and ecosystems will probably occur by 2100, when temperatures could increase as much as 11 F (6 C)."

Article posted October 5, 2011 at 02:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

I think that global warming hasn't effected anything yet. My reasons for that is that the climate is always changing and that it's just been warmer. my opinion is that more people panic about it the worse it will get. I think we could do thing to make us were helping by make cars with better gas mileage. Maybe that will make people panic less. that is what i think about global warming.

Article posted November 10, 2011 at 05:08 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 52

I think global warming would be almost impossible to stop completely because it has been occuring for a longtime. But it is possible to slow it down for example you can ride your bikes to your destination and if you don't have a bike then I don't know whats wrong with you, any way you can always carpool with your friends to slow down global warming. My point is that if global warming continues it will not just effect humans it will also effect some of Earths majestic creatures. Like for example the lion because of global warming temperatures has been increasing in some parts of Africa so sooner or later the temperature will be too hot for lions to live in that habitat and may be they might die off. So in order safe and preserve wild life do your part to slow down global warming and may be one day people will find a way to stop global warming completely.

Yes, I think global warming can be stopped, but not entirely fixed. I think we need to be smarter in how we do and use things and I think we need to be more effecient. If we keep going down this road I believe our state will be greatly effected especially the coast because if global warming keeps on going then the icebergs will melt causing sea levels to rise which WILL most definetly cause flooding in washington and other states. I think one of the primary problems we need to fix is the problem of cars polluting the air. If we could find some way of using natural substances that will NOT pollute the earth then that would greatly help stop pollution. I certainly do not believe this is just a phase the earth is going through or that we are not causing global warming because we are and if we dont admit we are the problem then we will never fix global warming!

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 12:13 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 56

Us human beings are now well into a polluted world. Some people say it's our fault, others say it's a natural thing. I think the #1 cause of global warming is industrial pollution. Because people need stuff, something (or someone) has to make that stuff. Factories pollute water and air. I would say #2 is car pollution. People drive to work, and the car leaves exhaust behind.

But as I get older, I see more and more people creating "green" and eco-friendly things, and carpooling or even riding bikes or walking places. I think we should definitely attempt to save this planet. I have a good feeling we can.

everyone can help stop global warming. we need to recycl as much as we can!! should everyone have something to do with this? yes everyone can help change our world one step at a time if the temperature gets to high and contiuns to do this the artic will melt and the animals will die because they have no where to go. so do what you can and recycl as much as you can to do your part!!

There is not much humans can do to stop global warming we can try to slow it down but unless we some how got a gaint co2 transfer device and remove some of the co2 out of the atmosphere which is highly unlikely we can't stop it even we did it would just come back, but we can try to slow it down. We need to try to help the envoirment but not waste our money and go over board.

I think that we can help global warming from getting worse! Gases from cars are polluting the world, ways we can stop that from getting worse is by trying to drive less, carpool with other people, and ride bikes places. The way we can save energy is by using enery saving lightbulbs, turning lights off when you leave the room, and wash clothes in cold water. One of the most important reasons global warming is happening it by not recycling, we really need to start recycling! If the temerature keeps rising the ice caps will melt, also the arctic and antartic woud melt! I don't think that many living things would survive that! That's why we need to stop global warming!

Article posted October 1, 2011 at 07:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

The answer is fact and myth. The earth is warming but we’re not causing it

Fox News says “Global temperatures have now largely eliminated most of the one degree Celsius warming that had previously occurred over the last 100 years. Hundreds of climate scientists have warned that there is not significant man-made global warming.

“The earth is bound to go through climate change” quote Professer Tim Ball.

Another concern is that as icebergs melt the oceans level will rise, I beg to differ. Why? It’s called displacement. The level of the water being displaced is determined by the weight of the ice. When it melts, it occupies the same amount that it displaces when it floats.

Here is a video that shows global warming is a politic industry.

Yes, I think that we can fix glabal warming. Yes, I think that we should fix global warming because I think that we are not going to be able to survive the flood. The water is going to rise which cause the water to be less salty which affect the animals that live in the water. It affect our climate and kills the animals that live on land. It also kill the polar bears and other animals that live in the north and south pole and there will be less land on earth. Global warming will affect everying on earth. In the future it will be harder for human to travel and survive due to the water rising. It will be harder for us to plant plants because there will be less land and we need vegetables to survive. Without plants everything will die.

People bicker about if global warming is happening, if it's man-made, if there's something we can do. To me, global warming is happening, and we can do something. I have no idea about the whole man-made idea, but I think we are contributing to it. But, we can all help to reduce global warming by recycling, carpooling, changing your lightbulbs to more energy efficient ones and making sure lights aren't on when you leave a room. All of these help our planet, and make it easier to slow down or stop global warming before it's too late.

I think that global warming can stop from getting worst, but I don't think it can get reversed. Some ways that we can stop global warming is, recycling, using energy efficient light bulbs, carpool with people, not littering, and using less gas/fuels. If global warming doesn't stop the ice will melt in north or south pole and cause a flood and we would most likely die. So I really hope global warming stops:)

I think global warming is happening but it might not have as big an effect that some people think. It is affecting places like the arctic the most. We can tell because the ice is melting and those areas are changing the most. We can do things to help slow or stop global warming like recycle materials and food, use bikes instead of cars, use less electricity, and litter less in the ocean. If we all do these things, we can stop global warming.

A1: ways we can fix global warming and climate change:

- join local communities to shut down dangerous, dirty coal plants all across the state.

- to create cleaner ways to gain energy.

A2: should we fix it or do something to fix it:

- why global warming is important is because it can cause the ice at the north and south poles to melt which can cause a lot of flooding in many different places.

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 09:12 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 53

Yes of course there are many things people can o stop it. we all need to stop driving so much, rides bikes and carpool. choose more energy efficient appliances around your home. we can wash clothes in cold water and only run the dishwasher when it is full. cut down on garbage and packaged materials and recycle more. we should eat less meat and buy more local grown organic food. global warming is the rise in temperatures of oceans and air. we do need to do something now or thing are going to get out of hand. ice and polar caps are already melting and animals if we don't do something now the number of lost lives of animals is going to decrease. if we don't do something now greenhouse gasses and global warming id gonna take over.

I think that humans can help global warming because they did kind of start it. We could stop it but it would take a lot of work

I think YES for sure we can do something to fix global warming. I think more people need to Recycle! Different lightbulbs would be good too. Not leaving a light on when you leave a room. All this can help us stop global warming! Yes we should do something about global warming NOW! If the temperature continues to rise the ice caps will melt as well as Antarctica. All the polar bears and penguins will all die and that would be very sad! So remember the three "R's" Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

I think that people can fix Global Warming, although the damage we've done is irreversable, we can still stop from doing any more damage to the Earth, if we stop cutting down the rainforests, we can get rid of a lot of Co2 if we keep the trees. Trees absorb Co2 and exhale oxegyn. I think we should start helping the Earth now so we don't have to deal with any worse consequences then neccesary. But, that's just what I think.

Article posted September 29, 2011 at 04:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 363

Over the last 5 million years the average temperature has been gradually decreasing (fig 1). On a larger scale the earths temperature over the last 65 million years ago, rose, then decreased sharply very sharply.then stayed roughly constant. Then rose sharply and decreased again.(as shown in Fig 1 &  2) On a way larger scale of 540 million years has risen and fallen while going though Glacial Periods and high temperatures. Note: about 150 years ago there was a rise in temperature, although this about the first recorded controlled use of fire I do not believe these two events are connected. (I was joking there) My opinion is that rate of warmth may have been accelerated but i do not believe there is enough recent data to show so. What the Carbon dioxide is doing is causing Ocean Acidification. Ocean Acidification is the name given to the ongoing increase in the pH and increase  in acidity of the earths oceans caused by the uptake of carbon dioxide is the atmosphere. Usually when the carbon molecules in the air in increase by 4 one will diffuse into the seawater. mean about one quarter of carbon dioxide in the Earths atmosphere ends up in the oceans. This increased amount of carbon messes up the chemistry of marine organisms. In shellfish this messes up the chemistry of their shells. The carbon bonds with the calcium and creates CaCo3    which when in highly acidic waters dissolves. This means do to carbon dioxide the water become more acidic. This carbon is adsorbed by the shellfish and there shells become weaker. Long story short that's very bad.

Fig 1

File:65 Myr Climate Change.pngfig 2

fig3

Yes. I do think global warming can be stopped. Reasons being WE cause it. So WE can prevent it. Harmful gases made by big industrial factories play a big part in the harmful events that come along with global warming. A good example of harmful gas is Chloroflourocarbon. It was used in aerosol cans like hairspray and spray paint. The Chloroflourocarbon gets released and floats up into the atmosphere and eats away from the O Zone that protects us from the suns harmful

UV rays and solar wind.

Yes we should do something about global warming. Because we all have to live on this earth. So do the later generations of the human race.

I believe that YES, we can all be doing things to help reduce the warming climate on the earth! For example: we can be choosing vegan and vegetarian meals to eat, using compact flourescent lightbulbs and of course... RECYCLING! Should we be doing something about global warming now? Of course! To be that's a little bit of a rhetorical question to even ask. If the temperature continues to rise.. The ice caps will melt along with the whole arctic and antarctic! And I don't believe that us humans can survive that! Along with the animals that live all around us! Global warming is eventually going to takeover, maybe not in our lifetime, but it will eventually if we don't stop it!

My opinion on global warming is that we can't fix it, and we can't stop it, but we can help it. We can't fix it because it's already happened, and we can't stop it because of all the pollution we have already. We can help it by making cleaner and more efficient things like cars and factories. What I have thought of was why don't scientists experiment with the solution from 'Back to The Future 2' where they make garbage into usable energy. If we did have this solution, we would have cleaner air to breath, healthier plants, and cities would be much fresher. Our garbage wouldn't be put in big cubes and we wouldn't have to pay to go to the garbage dump, we wouldn't have to complain to our fell adult friends about the cost of gas and we definitely wouldn't have a hole in our pocket when we go out to buy a compost box. Imagine how much money we would save if we had this function? How much cleaner the air would be? No more exhaust! No more gross smelling gas that seeps into your new born crying baby's lungs as you fill up the tank! No more garbage dump trips!

Can Humans Help Global Warming?

Yes, i think so, if we would recycle more and drive more nature friendly cars, our enviroment will last a lot longer. I think the plastic is bad for our enviroment and we need to recycle.

It's invisible and it's dangerous,it could steal our oxygen and drown our entire world, pushes arctic life to the verge of extinction.

No it's not some super villain looking to ruin our lives.

It's far worse than that.

It's name is.....GLOBAL WARMING.

Ok so it doesn't sound very scary but it is.

Global warming causes the polar ice caps to melt,and if it melts completely our oceans would rise immensely,drowning all life on the coast which means we would die along with all the millions of acres of trees and other plant life that gives anyone who hasn't drowned yet oxygen.And when there are less trees there is less air for us survivors and www would eventually run out of air and suffocate or be forced to wear gas masks because of the high levels of carbon.

And don't even get me started on the poor little animals that would die by the thousands from no oxygen and drown because some are to stupid and won't leave their clearly dangerously flooded homes. And no ice caps means the only penguins and polar bears you'll find are the ones in the zoo, no wild animals of those types will effect the ecosystem immensely. Scared? Wondering what on earth you could do to help? We need to make More money for research into non earth damaging biofuels, increase efficiency in appliances and unplug stuff and turn off lights when not in use, not throwing our trash around carelessly is another start and if cars had either cleaner emissions or we increased the mileage on them we could help our planet a lot.

And did you know there is a ball of garbage in the ocean the size of Texas....think of that the next time you drop your trash.

1. yes i think they can but not just one person it has to be the whole world for it to actually work and it would probaly take a lot of time to fix.

2. yes i think we should i can see people are already trying but there needs to be more people to actually make a change by not throwing plastic bags or other plastic in the garabage and not litter.

Article posted October 30, 2011 at 12:51 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 68

The global warming is bad for us. I think that we people can help but it already happend. We can still help because what if the global warming happen again.

Article posted October 26, 2011 at 03:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

Can people do something now to fix the global warming part of climate change? Yes we can, get your families to use the car less ride a bike or get a Preus. If you do use your car don't speed on the highway the exhaust pollutes the air, and try to stay away from those gas-guzzling airplanes.If you can, buy your food from local farm shops and try and avoid imported goods. Trucks and planes bringing in food and stuff from other countries, or from far away parts of your own country, use large amounts of fuel.Turn the heating down in winter. If you're cold, wear more clothes! Turn the air conditioning down in summer or use a fan. When it's warm, dress cool. When it's cool, dress warm.Turn things off! Leaving lights, heating, air conditioning, computers, TVs and stuff on when you don't need them wastes a lot of energy. Turning them off saves money too! Get a wood stove. Learn to cook! Home cooking is not only fun, it means you don't have to drive to a takeaway or fast food restaurant. Results? Less pollution. If you make a garden, you can grow a lot of your own food. And composting your waste food means it doesn't have to be trucked away to a landfill waste dump where it will cause more pollution including methane, a powerful greenhouse gas. Recycle everything you can, if you don't buy so much stuff in the first place, then you don't need to reuse or recycle it. See if you can get your parents and friends interested in free solar wind that's energy from the sun and wind. You can get much of your hot water and heating from the sun and even generate electricity. If you live in a windy place, a wind turbine, aka windmill really is a serious option.

Should we do something now to fix global warming? Why or why not? Yes we should, because if we don't the problems could be huge, because of the crazy pace of our daily life. Global warming is a slow-moving problem. But that doesn't mean you should wait and see what happens. If we wait, we may be creating an big problem, an unstoppable climatic shift that could have horrible impacts in the years to come.

Yes, I think that people can change the economy if we tried and the way we can do that is by using more energy efficient things so we don't make so much pollution which causes the global warming to happen and that makes our glaciers melt and after too long it will just melt away slowly and we won't have glaciers anymore.

I think we all can be doing things to help reduse the warming climate on the earth. We need to be RECYCLING!! That is our biggest thing. Should everyone have a part in doing this.? Yes I think so because one little thing can change our world. If the temperature get to high and contiuns to do so the whole artic and antartic will melt and all the animals around there will die. So do your part and recycle to safe our plant.!