An environment affects organisms because if it is in salt water it will not grow but what my class found out that it grow at the same speed and only the radish grew and the brine hatched that was the only living things and they didn't make progress in salt water they just died. My group had sugars water and the brine appeared alive because I watched it hatch and the radish appeared alive because every time my group checked on it it had sprouted more.

Environments can change alot about a species. It can die because its not right for it or it can evolve and overcome it. In class we had five different substances, that were red sand, yeast, polyacrylate crystals, seeds, brine shrimp. The things that appeared living was the seeds and brine shrimp. The things that seemed not living were the crystals, yeast, and red sand.

Environments effected the brine shrimp because in the sugar water which is the liquid my team had the brine shrimp grew and hatched most effectively. In the salt water the brine shrimp did not hatch very well although that is what the brine shrimp are supposed to grow in. The tap water the brine shrimp did not grow at all.

My class has been doing a class experiment on how the change of environment affects organisms. This is what we have learned: Liquid 1 was salt water, Vial A had red sand, Vial B had yeast, vial C had polyacrylate also know as "orbies," vial D had radish and vial E had brine shrimp.! So for the liquid one had no changes to their vials. Which would mean none of their organisms were alive. Liquid 2 was sugar water. They had the same observations as liquid 1 except for the radish and brine shrimp. The radish grew sprouts and the brine shrimp moved and hatched!! Then in liquid 3 had the same observations. But only some brine shrimp hatched. And the radish had some great looking sprouts!! What we observed, is that the brine shrimp didn't hatch in it's prefered environment which is salt water.

I think that living organisms appeared non-living because the living organisms need the right environment. If it doesn't then it won't have the things it needs to remain alive!

My class did an experiment on 5 different things, red sand, yeast, orbies, radish, and brine shimp. We used these organisms in 3 different environments, H2O, sugar water, and salt water. The Environment affects organisms because organisms need a certain environment in order to survive. The seeds didn't grow in the salt water because the seeds need fresh water like the regular H2O or the sugar water. The salt water killed the seeds because it did not get the correct nutrients. Therefore, the seeds were not able to grow. Some of our living organisms appeared non living because it didn't show any sign of life like breathing or movement. Like the seed, brine shrimp, and yeast, all of them did nothing in our tubes. They need time to grow in the environment. Organisms need to to be exposed to the right enviroment. Like seeds need fresh water to be able to grow. The brine shrimp appeared non living even in the salt water. For some reason Domanic touched them when the instructions told us not to. Thats all for today kids!

Enviroments affect the Organisms by changin there habits and the way they move around. For instence The brine Shimp hached faster in sugar water than in salt water. That is how enviroments change the organisms.

This past week my class did an environmental experiment. Each team had 5 viles with different substances in them. Vile 1 had red sand, vile 2 had yeast, vile 3 had polyacrylate other wise known as "orbies", vile 4 had radish seeds, and vile 5 had brine. When we started the experiment we didn't know what exactly was in each vile but we just found out today! (10-20-11) Each teams viles had different liquids in them. Some had just plain water, some had salt water, while others had sugar water. The salt water viles had no changes for all of the substances. The polyacrylate had a very small change. The sugar water viles had no change in the red sand, the yeast, and the polyacrylate. While the radish seeds sprouted and the brine moved and hat heatched! My team happened to have the plain water and we noticed no change in the red sand and yeast. The polyacrylate expanded. The radish seeds sprouted. The radish seeds and the brine appeared non living in the sugar water because either they were dormant or had not hatched yet.

You wouldn't think that an environment would affect the organisms living there. Well, It does. Sometimes you wouldn't even know an organism was living until it is put in a certain environment. An example of this is Brine Shrimp.

Our 8th grade science class did an experiment using different living and non-living things. One of the living organisms we used were brine shrimp. The class used three different liquids. Sugar water, salt water, and reg. Water. The brine shrimp didn't look living at all when they were first put in the three waters, but after 24 hours we found out they had hatched in two liquids. Salt water and Sugar water. This was weird because they should of hatched in the salt water.

Sometimes living organisms appear non living because it doesn't have the things it needs to hatch:)

If the conditions in an environment aren't right then it could affect organisms. For example if an environment is too dry and someone puts a plant that requires alot of water in that environment then that plant will most likely wither up and die. Another example is if you put a plant that needs little water and dry conditions in the rainforest then that environment will affect the organism because too much water will drown the Plant. It's like putting a fish out of water; it won't survive it will die because water is it's natural environment.

In our science class mr.g had us identify whether or not the substances in the vials were living or not. Some substances like what we discovered were brine shrimp at a first glance appeared non living because they hadn't hatched yet. They looked like tiny copper balls. They didn't seem to be living. They appeared that way because they weren't moving (at first) and they weren't hatching plus they were too small to see. Under a microscope we discovered that some of them were moving and were hatching. So we Concluded that just because they didn't look like they were living didn't mean that they weren't secretly alive.

For pics. refer to Heidi and Jonna's substance E.

http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blog_id=1375539&mode=comment&user_id=&blogger_id=

Well, my class took 5 vials and put yeast, red sand, orbies, radishes, and brine in them. We waited a couple days and then recorded the data in our notebooks. After about 72 hours we found that none of the substances had any change except for the pink orbies and the radishes that had begun to sprout into life. My team realized that the only substances that were alive were the radishes and the brine. The radishes were alive because they began to sprout and the brine was alive because it is eggs that will eventually hatch. So environment affects organisms depending on what they are. For example, if you put a cotton ball and radish seeds in a vial, the environment affected the organism by giving it water, and a soft place to grow.

How does Environment Affect organisms?it gives them life and keeps them healthy.Why do the organisms appear non-living?When we put them under the microscope and we saw that they never hatched.Why didn't the brine shrimp hatch?why do orbeez grow bigger in water?

enviroments effect organisms by the food sources, predetors, repreductions, hacthing and habitat.

the organisms appeared non living because the enviroment was not sutible for the type of organisms in the lab test we did but that depends on the type of a liquid. The test we did was we took three different liquid sugar water, salt water, and regular water. My team used salt water and we put brine shrimp in the salt water and they didn't hatch then we put polyacrylate crystals they are exorbitant they hardly did any thing they expanded a little but not much. Then we put radish seeds an a cotton ball with some salt water in it but it didn't grow. Next yeast was put in the salt water and it hardly did anything it sank and thats it. Last we put red sand the water and nothing happened.

This week and the last week we were doing environmental experiments on how different materials can change over time! The materials that we used was red sand, yeast, polyachrylate, radish's, and brine shrimp. We put them all into viles which were filled with three different liguids that were filled with salt water, sugar water, and plain water. There was no changes for any of the materials in salt water, they were all nonliving. Even the brine shrimp didn't hatch in the salt water, which is very unusual because that's where brine shimp live. For the sugar water only 2 materials were living which were the radishes and the brine shrimp. The radishes are living because they grew sprouts and the brine shrimp was living because they moved and hatched. In the regular water 2 things were living which were the same things that were living in the sugar water. Some of the living features appeared nonliving because they only can live in certain waters. Some things can't live in salt water, sugar water or regular water. Also seeds hibernate so they don't live or grow sometimes. This is my blog for the environment, thanks for reading!

We had three unknown liquids and five unknown substances. We tested all five substances with all three liquids. We found that different liquids affected different substances. Some results that we found out is that brine (sea monkeys or shrimp) could hatch in all three liquids, salt H2O, sugar H2O, and H2O. Another result is that yeast only lived in sugar H2O. Some organisms appeared non-living because enviroment was not right for the type of living creature.

Our class did an experiment on 5 different things which are red sad, yeast, orbies, radish seeds, and shrimp brine. We used these organisms in 3 different environments which are H2O, sugar water and salt water. Environment effect organism because organisms need certain environment to be able to survive. For example, the seeds didn't grew in the salt water because that is not it's environment. The seeds need fresh water like the regular H2O and the sugar water. The salt water didnt had what the seeds need to be alive. So the seeds failed to sprout.Some of our living organisms appeared non living because it didnt showed any sign of living such as breathing, movements, eating, etc. Like the seed, brine shrimp and yeast. They just look like sand and tiny rocks. They need time to grow in the environment.Organisms need to to be expose to certain things to know that it is a living thing. Like seeds need fresh water to be able to sprout. The brine shrimp appeared non living in the sugar water because it was not completely hatched.

This year our science class did an experiment about living things and their environments. Each team had five vials each, all of them filled with one of three unknown liquids. Then, each of us added a sprinkle of substance A to vial A, substance B to vial B, etc all the way up to D. Then, we checked on the substance and recorded it's changes after ten minutes, 48 hours and ten minutes after the 48 hour mark. We looked the substances under a microscope and were shocked at what we found.

In vial A, there wasn't much happening. In vial B, the water was just really clouded with chunks of gunky looking things. In vial C, the little orbs grew huge and they were really squishy, and easy to accidentally crumble...oops. In vial D, the little seed-looking things sprouted! In vial E, it was really wierd. When we looked at it without any magnification, it just looked like red floating sand, but when we magnified it 60x, we found out what it really was! Brine shrimp!! At first we were confused because we only saw black dots, (which we later figured out was the eggs) but after we moved the microscope to a different part of the sample, we saw the creatures! It was really interesting!

Afterwards, our teacher told us what was in the vials! Material A was red sand, material B was yeast, material C was polyacryate, also known as orbies, material D was radish seeds, and material D was the brine shrimp. We also found out what our liquid was! My groups liquid was just plain water. Then, we compared our results to other groups and they were very surprising!

One of the other liquids were salt water, but nothing was living in their vials! This wasn't very surprising for the first 4 materials, but it was really weird that the brine shrimp didn't hatch/live in this liquid because a brine shrimps natural environment in in salt water! When we compared our results to the last liquid, sugar water, it was exactly the same results as ours.

I learned that environment greatly impacts if a thing can live or not! I also learned that even if a thing looks like it's not living, it still could be, like when a seed hibernates and waits for the right environment before sprouting!

Our science class did a lab on livoing and non-living things. We put different things into vile. Some thing were living and some weren't, each group had a different environment in their viles. Our teacher gave us yeast as one of the living or non-living organisms. It was kind of like a trick but nobody thought yeast was living but it is! Nobody saw change or evidence because they are so small. Then our teacher showed us the yeast under a magna fine glass and almost everybody's thoughts changed! The environment affects an organism because if an organisms need a certain amount of stuff to live their environment would need to have that. Like, there was these seeds in one of the viles and before we put them in the vile with the cotton ball and h2o (our water had sugar it.) they just looked like rocks. But after one day went by with the seeds being in the vile they had sprouted. If we didn't put the seeds with water they would of stayed the same form until they got water. The radish seeds did sprout in all of the liquids. The yeast didn't do anything in the salt water. Also the Braine shrimp hatched in all the water, they didn't hatch as much in the salt water. The reason same living organisms appear non-living is because they have not hatched sprouted or whatever they have no signs of life. Also some living organisms are so small that you can't see them change with just the naked eye. when a living thing isn't showing a sign of life it's gipetting used to it new environment.

Many organisms can't survive unless their environment is in the right condition. We put 5 different things into vials of water, salt water, and sugar water. Some of the living things like radish and yeast only grew in certain liquids.

Some of the living organisms seemed nonliving because they didn't display all of the living characteristics like growing or movement because of their environment. the three living things we had were brine shrimp, radish seeds, and yeast. the yeast took in some oxygen from the water and turned it int c02 bubbles. the radish grew a stem, and the brine shrimp hatched and swam away. the only one that didn't seem living was the yeast because it didn't grow or resemble a living thing under the mcroscope.

The environment does affect organisms because the different environment changes the organisms to adapt and adjust to the environment like snow,heat,rain wind or just plant life. the lab that we did had five different substances the red sand, yeast, polyacylate crystals, seeds,and brine-shrimp, the polyacyate crystals, red sand, yeast appeared to be not living at first or even at all the organisms did not have the living side affects i was looking for in a living thing. Also the seeds, and brine shrimp appeared living because of the thing I have see what they turn into.the way they grow or changed was by the liquid we put into each substance we had we let the substances it in the liquid for more than 24 hour. the liquid was a mystery because mr.G didnt tell us what it was but after we where done with the substances we drained and disposed the the substances. The polyacylate crystals had/has grown but! it seemed that the polyacyate crystals just absorb the liquid. also the liquid was salt water. the thing i didnt get was the the brine-shrimp didnt go crazy as i thought it would of but they all died :( i just dont know why?

many organisms cant survive unless their environment is in the condition for them. we had 5 different substances that we put into 15 different vials 5 of them with salt water 5 with water and 5 with sugar water. Some substances like yeast and radish's grew in some liquids and not the others. in the beginning most of the substances had no signs of being alive because they weren't moving breathing or doing anything. then after 48 hours the radish's started to spout in the water and the brine shrimp also started to hatch from mini eggs in water also. All the substances that were put into liquid one nothing changed which is weird because brine shrimps preferred environment is salt water.. In the second liquid substance b made the water cloudy, substance c the balls grew, substance d the radishes started sprouting and the last substance E the brine shrimp started to hatch into little things. In liquid 3 substance A,D and E didn't change but C the little balls became bigger and B made the water very white and cloudy. This experiment really proves that things can only live or produce depending on what their enviremoent is like.

An environment affects organisms because if they aren't put in the right one, they won't be able to grow or do there life cycle.the living organisms appered non living because the brine shrimp Were still eggs.brine shrimp live in salt water and when my Team put them in fresh water they did not hatch. After me and mr. G out the brine shrimp under a microscope and looked at all the eggs. Some of the eggs were a darker orange then the others.

An enviorment is a important part of an organisms life.  An enviorment has to have certain aspects or qualities in order for certain organisms to survive.  For example: Polar bears live in really cold enviorments.  They have a really thick coat that gives them warmth to withstand the cold weather.  If a polar bear lived in a warm enviorment it would get too hot and would have less chance of survival.  Enviorments and organisms both have characteristics that tie together in order for hte organism to survive.  In our lab we put different materials into 5 vials.  We put different liquids into the vials for a certain amount of time and then determined if they were living or nonliving.  Some of the organisms appeared to not be living because they didint move or grow, but when we looked at them through the microscope things had hatched from one of the materials.  It appeared to look like sand.  Some things grew in certain liquids but in other liquids they were not able to grow because of the liquid enviorment.  The enviorment did not provide what the organisms needed in order to live.

We did an experiment in class where we had three different liquids, fresh water salt water and sugar water. We had the same five subtances in all three liquids, red sand, yeast, polyacrylate, radish and brine shrimp (sea monkeys.) In all the different enviroments something different happened in each one. The environment affects organisms because if an organisim is not in a right environment it won't survive. When we put sea monkeys in salt water and fresh water they didn't hatch but in the sugar water they hatched. The fresh water must have been too clean but it is still really weird that they didn't hatch in the salt water. The reason some things don't look living when you first get them but later they are is because sometimes it is too small. The sea monkeys just looked like sand but when we looked close we saw that the sea monkeys were hatching. The yeast looked like a regular powder but as we got farther in the experiment we found out that yeast was also living. In liquid one (salt water) 4things did not live and one did, in liquid two (sugar water) two things did not live and three did, in liquid three (fresh water) three did not live and two did. In all three the radish sproted. That is the only one that lived in all three. Different environments can change many things about an organism such as a seed. The seed is not growing unless it has water. The seed will sprout better if it has clean pure water. It will still grow in sugar and salt water just not as much. Some things don't appear living until it is in water or in a certain environment because it needs something for it to react to.

Ten teams. The same organisms. Different environments. Different results. We had three different liquids. Liquid 1 was salt water. Liquid 2 was sugar water. Liquid 3 was just water. We also had 5 materials. A was red sand. B was Yeast. C was Polyacrylate (Also known as Orbies.) D was Raddish and E was Brine Shrimp. (Also known as Sea Monkeys!) Nothing grew in the salt water. The Raddish and Shrimp grew in the sugar water and water. The Sea Monkeys should of grown in the salt water seeing as how that is their naturaul environment. We saw no evidence of life in the Yeast, Red Sand or Polyacrylate. Different environments affect organisms vastly. They can only adapt if they need to. Some of the living organisms like Yeast may have appeared to be non-living because we were not able to tell if it was moving or breathing. It just looked liked bubbles. There should of been a lot of activity in the Yeast in the sugar water because it eats water. Many things require certain environments. Some things are almost in a state of hibernation. Once they are in the right environments with the right materials. They come to life. :)

The environment affects organisms because in order for a organism to live it needs certain accommodations in the environment. For example the radish seeds that we poured salt water in failed to sprout. Although, the seeds that were placed with sugar water and normal H2O caused the seeds to grow! So mainly the environment has to include many traits that the organism can use to live. Some of the living organisms appeared living because of the same thing.. Because their environment doesnt include what they need to live. Today in class my teacher brought up an interesting scenario, why arent seeds sprouting when they are in the package? Its because some living things have to be exposed to certian things in order for them to survive. Seeds need soil, water and sunlight to sprout. To conclude.. Some living organisms appear non living because they havent been exposed to what they need to so that they can appear living.That sounds confusing.. A simpler way to state is that in order to APPEAR living, certain things need to be exposed to the organism. environment failed to include the things needed for the organism to live. Some of the shrimp failed to hatch in the vials because of this. Thanks for reading!

The environment effects organisms in multiple ways. For instance, weather or even the land or water. In mr.G's class, we did an experiment with 5 viles. Each group got either liquid 1,2 or 3. In 2 viles, there were 1cotton ball damp with the liquid we were assigned to, which was liquid 1-salt water. In each vile, we put different substances in them. 1, was brine shrimp, but of course, something happened and the eggs didn't hatch. Brine shrimp should hatch in salt water. Everything else, such as the red sand, radish seeds, orbes, and yeast didn't show any sighns of living. Of course, only because they cant do anything in salt water.

Our living organisms (the brine shrimp) didn't appear living because 1, our brine shrimp didnt work, and the others-if they were living(which they wern't), couldn't grow or live in the salt water. one of the sighns that we took that they wern't living was that nothing moved, no air bubbles or hatching. Only the yeast and orbes expanded, and we figured that it was just from being in the substance (liquid 1- salt water)

Last week in our science class we did a lab on environments. We got 5 viles and an assignment to 1liquid (out of 3)-which was salt water- and we put a substance in each one. Vile A, was red sand. Vile B, Yeast, vile C, Orbies, vile D radish pods and vile E had brine shrimp. Over the week we examined the viles, trying to see if anything was living, and at the time, we didn't know what was each substance.

In my group, each substance we thought was non-living. But vile E,-the Brine shrimp eggs- was living, but something happen and they didn't hatch.

If we used a different liquid on each substance, things might have been different, such as the yeast in vile B.

Yeast is a living thing. I learned this last year in home ec. It feeds on surgar and other things, so if we got sugar water, it would most likely have produced bubbles that rose to the surface. But because we had salt water it died.

If we had water, (liquid 3) our orbits would have grown bigger, and our radish seeds might have sprouted.

The Enviroment can effect things by heat, cold, the amount of moisture. Different things need different stuff for it to live, for example, Plants need Carbon dioxide, and people need oxygen.

if its really cold than a spider cant be out in the open or it will freeze. like the Eggs hatched in the sugar water but in no salt water. The Orb things obsorbed the water and got bigger.

The liquid we had was tap water. The yeast wasn't showing any signs of life but you could just barley see the bubbles of it, sadly the bubbles stopped breathing once a person shook the canister for ten minutes. the radishes sprouted out roots into the cotton balls.

In the 8the grade we have been doing lab work, afterwards we were asked to answer the following questions:

1, How does the environment affect organisms?

2, Why did the living organisms appear non living?

Well for 1, our team got liquid 1which is salt water, (sorry if I ruined a surprise), and well to be blunt...everything died.

For some weird reason even our brine/shrimp fetuses didn't hatch...and aren't they suppose to like salt water? Not to mention out seeds didn't grow and out yeast did nothing...not even our orbies grew sadly.

For number 2 it was because in the beginning the living things were in a dormant state, the seeds were inactive as were the shrimp eggs and the yeast.

The environment gives organisms life and so they will be healthy for our organisms we had fresh water we found that our brine shrimp tried to hatch but could not and just died Because they need salt water. They appeared not living because when we looked under the microscope their was one sigh of a hatched egg.

here are some questions i have

why do we eat yeast if it is living?

why did the orbeez grow more in the sugar water than the real water?

why did the seeds grow so fast?

for future expeiriments it would be cool to work with more living organisms.

The environment effects the organisms because each one has a different environment they live in. In the experiment we had 5 vials filled with things and liquid. We had liquid 2 it was tap water, Vial A had red sand, Vial B had yeast, vial C had polyacrylate a.k.a. "orbies" a new children toy. vial D had radish seed and vial E had brine shrimp. If you put an organism in a different place it will take it a while to adapt or it might even die. The brine shrimp died and molded in ours. Some living things might have appeared non-living (like yeast) doesn't mean they were tho. They were most Likely taking a little slower to grow. The yeast was taking longer to grow so we didn't find out until the next day that it was breathing.

Our class experimented kinds of things. We tried plain water and salt water. Only 2 kinds are living and that is seeds and brine shrimp. The others are living. Remember that I said that all living thing grow, well orbeez grow and there not living.

How does environment affect organisms? Changes in the environment can make some organisms have to find a new way of living. Some might need to find a new source of food. Changes in temperature can really change the climate. It can make most animals move to a different part of the world, just by a small change in the temperature. Changes in the environment can be horrible for some organisms and good for other organisms. It can take away sources of food and water, or it can give new ones to the organisms that need them to survive. For example scientists are saying phytoplankton is increasing because of climate change. On march 27th, 2011 the climate started to heat up about 400,000 square feet of the ocean. The phytoplankton are growing 50 days earlier than they were 14 years ago. The climate change hasn't affected any other organisms but scientists are still looking into it. Why the the organisms appear non-living? Because things have to have water to live so when they weren't consuming any water they weren't thriving but when you put them in water they can absorb it and live.

This picture shows a phytoplankton bloom in biscay bay.

Attribution Some rights reserved by NASA Goddard Photo and Video

The enviorment effects an organism if it is put in to a different enviorment because the organism may not be able to do what it was made to do like in the lab the red sand it didn't grow in any liquids because it was in a different enviorment. The organisms appeared non living because the materials were not yet put into the vials that had liquid in them like the radish seeds didn't grow at all until the water,sugar water, or salt water was put into the vials.

In our 8th grade sience class we have been learning about environments. We took 5 different substances, 5 different viles and 3 diferent waters. Liquid 1 was salt water,in vile one we had red sand and that did nothing at all. Vile 2 was yeast and all it did was make bubbles and a bad ordar. Vile 3 was pdyacrylate and it didn't grow or anything. Vile 4 was radish and the rasdish did spout a little steam. Vile 5 was brine shrip and it didn't do anything but mold on the top. Liquid 2 was sugar water and it had the same substances as one but it did diferent things like vile 3 they got huge and adapted the water. Vile 5 had hatched and got bigger.

Liquid 3 was just regular water vile one didn't do anything. Vile 2 got smelt really bad and created bubble at the top. Vile 3 did the same as liquid 2 got big. Vile 4 sprouted just the same as the other ones. Vile 5 hatched also. But the whole point of this project was to see what didferent things did in diferent environments. We had for out that substances that are living are yeast, radish and brime shrip. The substances that are not living was red sand, pdyacrylate.