-

Odyssey was actually a lot better then i thought it was gonna be! it was a really great experience for me. I was really happy that our 8th grade class and all the other 8th grade classes get to experience it.

My favorite part of Odyssey was probably just getting to hang out with all of my friends for a full week! I think if i could change 1 thing about Odyssey it would have to be the food. I am very grateful to the cook, but i really wish that the food could of been just a little better.

I hope everybody else had as much fun at Odyssey as i did:)

for our snail experiment we wanted to know if snails prefer to be in light or dark. i thought the snail was gonna be more attracted to the dark because it would be more hidden and i was some what right!

we maid a snail hotel (hahah) out of black construction paper and put a piece of paper with peanut butter on it inside of the snail hotel (which is dark) and outside of the 'hotel' which is light. at first the snail went to the peanut butter in the light then after a little while the snail went to the peanut butter in the dark and stayed there.

i believe my claim was right because the snail, even though it wasn't there the whole time, stayed in the dark after it went in there.

my group and i did an experiment on rye grass. we wanted to know how different amounts of salt and sugar Water would affect the rye grasses growth. well, all it did was mold... even the plant without sugar or salt molded.

we started the project by taking 10 viles (5 for suger water and 5 for salt water) 1 vile out of each set of 5 had just plain water in it. well, none of our plants grew... though we researched and think we know the reason why!:)

so for the salt water, we believe that because the salt water Weekend the plant and caused waterstress to the rye grass even though it had plenty of water. We think the rye grass died that sat in the sugar water because the plant was over watered and couldn't absorbe it due to the presence of sugar unbalancing the plants ability to absorb moisture.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 06:00 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 40

Cells divide/multiply using a large array of steps. First the chromosome splits into two identical chromosomes. Next the genetic material in the nucleus of the cell begins to thicken and shorten. The chromosome copies are held together at their centers so they form a sort of 'x'. Then the 'x's line up at the center of the cell. Then the copies separate, and each copy of the chromosomes are moved to either side of the cell towards each nuclei. To finish up the cell division the cytoplasm pinches at the center of the cell-dividing it in 2.

Interphase: The busiest stage where the cell is preparing for the division.

Prophase: The chromosome makes an exact copy of itself. The chromosome copies are held together at their centers so they form a kind of 'x'.

Metaphase: the nuclei move to either side of the cell and the chromosome 'x's move to the center while the DNA fibers are shortening and thickening and separated evenly to each side of the cell.

Anaphase: The 'x' split up and both the chromosomes and the DNA fibers split to either side of the cell.

Telophase: The cytoplasm pinches at the center of the cell-dividing it in two.

Is this amoeba? or s it paramecia moving something?? what do you think comment and let me know:) thanks

This video is my evidence that the paramecia is living! So please watch my video and comment your opinion.

Hope you enjoy!(:

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 06:16 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 135

my team an i did a class project on polyacrylate. we put three polyacrylate in each vile. we had 5 viles tottal. vile A: h20 Vile B: hydrogen peroxide Vile C salt H20 Vile D: sugar H20 nd Vile F: dirty H20. we found that the polyacrylate grew the biggest in the hydrogen peroxide. it also got pretty big in the sugar H20, dirty H20 and the reg. H20. it didnt grow very much in the salt water though? something that suprised me was that the polycrylate lost almost all thier color except for just a little pink in some. i understand that the water viles grew the biggest but i dont understand quite yet why the hydrogen peroxide made the polyacrylite grew the biggest.