All about me!-

Facinating Volcanos and smoking hot Lava!

I'm going to tell you all about volcanos and lava! Starting with Mount Saint Hellens, MSH has a summit dome, a Goat rock dome, and 2 lava flows. A Cinder Cone Volcano Consits of almost entirlely of loose, grainy cinders and almost no lava. A Shield Cone Volcano is a easily recognised volcano. It may be very familiar to you frim news reports from Hawii. A Composit Volcano has a combination of both the Cinder Cone and the Shield Cone Volcanos. A Coldera Volcano is a simply circular  depression, which are found on the summits of many volcanos.A fiscure Volcano is difficult to recongnize from the ground or from space. In this Volcano there is no central crater at all. Viscosity is a term which describes the fluidity or "runnines" of lava. Some lavas are "pasty" like soft clay and hardly flows at all. If a eruption lava has low viscosity and a little or no dissolved central vent and dissolved gasses, the lava oozes slowly out to form a bulbous dome which hardly moves at all. The last combination has lots of dissolved gasses and high vicosity, it is super deadly! Now you know lots about lava and volcanos!

Article posted November 6, 2009 at 04:53 PM • comment • Reads 79 • see all articles