-

My group was wondering if MHC had ears. so we tested to see what kind of music they liked. our first trial was with the song "cinemas" and "call me maybe" and they seemed to like cinemas better. then the next day we tried the song "boyfriend" and "drummer boy" with different cockroaches and they seemed to like the song boyfriend better the drummer boy. then come to find out the cockroaches do have ears.!(:

Did you know that madagascar hissing cockroaches are native only to the island of madagascar. If you see them anywhere else someone brought them there. Also males are territorial, tey wil fight any intruders. they fight by butting heads. female hissing cockroaches only bread once in a lifetimes.and they grow 3-4 inches in length. baby mhc are the length of a small watermelon seed.

what i liked about odyssey was we got to hangout with friends around the camp. and that was my favorite part. I also liked playing ping pong and i had an okay time on the hikes. but the 9 mile hike was hard on the beach.

What i dont like was some councilers were very rude for no reason and then they complain about us not being nice. Then we had to have a person come with us to go to the cabbins.

I wish i could of changed the food. im glad we had her come an im very thankful she came. and i wish we got more foooood!!(:

My group wanted to see if the snail preferred darkness or light. So we made a kittle box and out some peanut butter in the box. And then we put peanut butter outside of the box for the light. I thought the snail would go to the light. The first snail went to the light. But started going to the dark and then changed and went to the light. The second day with a second snail he didn't choose right away. He went back and fourth from dark to light but ended in the light.

Article posted May 1, 2012 at 05:08 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

I know:

they have one foot

their gross

their slimy

they have a shell

they cant jump

what i wanna know:

horses galup, snakes slither, babies crawl and walk, what do snails do?.

My group did an expirement with rye grass. We tested different waters. We had salt and sugar water. Five vials for salt and five vials for sugar. One vial for each, salt and sugar group was ragular tap water. Each vial started with 20 ml of tap water. Then each vial we would add five ml of the product. So for salt, vial one just water and vial two had 5ml salt. Vial three 10ml salt. Vial four 15ml salt. Vial five 20ml salt. Then we added the same amout of sugar to the other five vials! I learned a lot of information about osmosis and what it was and how its a big part of the plants life. I learned why the salt effected the rye grass. "Osmosis." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 25 Apr. 2012. Web. 25 Apr. 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmosis. Gunnin, Lucinda. "What Is the Effect of Salt on Rye Grass?" EHow. Demand Media, 10 Nov. 2010. Web. 25 Apr. 2012. http://www.ehow.com/facts_7481125_effect-salt-rye-grass.html .

Article posted March 1, 2012 at 05:57 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 55

I made a baby with Cam Gigandet. And i found out that my baby will have brown hair, blueish green eyes and attached earlobes. And definitely both of our good looks(;

Article posted February 10, 2012 at 05:58 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

I think that the school water fountain is not safe to drink from! The bacteria on the water fountain next to the gym is discusting! I dont think i will ever drink from out school water fountains again! The lunch table is clean enough to eat on. The toilet seat is the worst! There is a lot of germs and bacteria! Juding by the amount, I will be very uncomfortable to go to the bathroom. And, i will be squating from now on. I beleive that there is poop particles on the toilet seat.

Our evidence is the bacteria in the petri dish, and these photos. My team forgot to just do a zig zag on about 2 of the objects so some of the bacteri could have grown or just been from something else. I feel like i understood everything.(:

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 05:43 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 32

Cells divide/multiply using a large array of steps. First the chromosome splits into two identical chromosomes. Next the genetic material in the nucleus of the cell begins to thicken and shorten. The chromosome copies are held together at their centers so they form a sort of 'x'. Then the 'x's line up at the center of the cell. Then the copies separate, and each copy of the chromosomes are moved to either side of the cell towards each nuclei. To finish up the cell division the cytoplasm pinches at the center of the cell-dividing it in 2.

Interphase: The busiest stage where the cell is preparing for the division.

Prophase: The chromosome makes an exact copy of itself. The chromosome copies are held together at their centers so they form a kind of 'x'.

Metaphase: the nuclei move to either side of the cell and the chromosome 'x's move to the center while the DNA fibers are shortening and thickening and separated evenly to each side of the cell.

Anaphase: The 'x' split up and both the chromosomes and the DNA fibers split to either side of the cell.

Telophase: The cytoplasm pinches at the center of the cell-dividing it in two.