Gromphadorhina Portentosa also known as Madagascar Hissing Cockroach is one of the largest species of cockroach. they are able to make the hissing noise by forcing gas through there breathing pores. madagascar hissing cockroach can be kept as exotic pets.

We would have to say that the snails crawled fastest on the tabletop surface although we dont have any evidence to back it up bacause our snail Gary is a complete FAILURE!!!! and of what he did move he seemed to move fastest on and easiest on the tabletop. Our inaccuracies were that our snail didnt move very well. our snail really liked the rice krispy cereal, that is what we used to try and motivate him. the surfaces that we tested on was the table top cardboard and paper towels.

We are going to start a new project on snails. what i want to learn is if snails can jump, or if it will choose one food over the other.i already know that snails are slimy and gross and only come out when it rains or else they will shrivel up and die.

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 04:57 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 57

My team and I (Taylor, Heidi, and Jonna) wanted to see if volcanic ash would act as fertilizer for our radish seeds. what we did is we had seven cups and we filled up each cup with the same amount of soil then we marked each cup as none, i ml, 2 ml, etc. all the way to 6 ml. of ash. we would water them each 20 ml. of water. near the end of the expirement the cup with 6 ml. of water. without soil the plants have nothing to anchor down in to hold them still from the wind. the soil holds in nutrients left over from surrounding dead plants.

Jansen, Jim. "Why Do Plants Need Soil & Water?" EHow. Demand Media, 12 May 2010. Web. 01 May 2012. <[LINK]>.

Article posted February 7, 2012 at 06:18 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 71

The question that we asked before we started was what surface would grow

the most bacteria. We had predicted that the toilet seat would have grown the most bacteria but IT DIDN'T as a matter of fact it didn't grow any bacteria at all. The surface that we predicted would grow the least amount of bacteria grew the most the gym door handles. The gum under the table had grown one colony but we had some contamination because the other colony was off of the spot we swabbed. After the first day we noticed that the gym door handle section was crawling with bacteria it was an explosion of bacteria. I think it would be fun to do this lab again, because I think that the toilet seat was just cleaned that night and next time i think we should swab it at the end of the day.

Hope you like it!!

Environments effected the brine shrimp because in the sugar water which is the liquid my team had the brine shrimp grew and hatched most effectively. In the salt water the brine shrimp did not hatch very well although that is what the brine shrimp are supposed to grow in. The tap water the brine shrimp did not grow at all.

1.I have 2 brothers

2.My favorite sport is soccer

3.I have brown hair

4.I go to school in a small town

5.My parents play my X-Box

6.My favorite food is Pineapple

7.My favorite color is purple

Article posted April 26, 2010 at 04:32 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 39

Energy changes from one form to another when you connect it to a battery charger. it transforms to chemical energy which is potential energy. it changes to potential energy from the energy from the outlet. the chemicals for it to transform into potential energy are already in the battery and that is what makes it a rechargeable battery.

Article posted March 17, 2010 at 04:03 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 45

click here to check out my wiki

Article posted November 23, 2009 at 03:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

On November 13, Friday we went down to the grange. We were the first class to go. although it was cold, wet and rainy I had a lot of fun. There were lots of huge blackberry bushes with even bigger roots it was a great experience. When we went to see the creek it was really muddy and I almost slipped. I learned a lot and had a lot of fun and thats all that matters. That is all I have to say about the grange.

Article posted November 5, 2009 at 07:25 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 56

what i really enjoyed at cispus was the ropes

course. i really enjoyed the ropes course because i liked getting lost through the trails with ms. langston. i also really liked the ropes swing. plus archery was fun but i never shot into the target. that is all i have to say about cispus.

Article posted November 2, 2009 at 04:29 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 81

Water Pollution Pamphlet

By Hadlei, Jacob, and Alina

In this pamphlet you will be reading about freshwater pollution and nitrates.

Plus you will also be reading about some main sources of freshwater pollution. You will also be reading about point and non-point sources of pollution. Have fun reading this pamphlet.

What is freshwater pollution?

Freshwater pollution occurs when waste products or other substances change the physical, thermal, chemical or biological characteristics of the water. Affecting living species and reducing the water’s beneficial uses. A river is polluted when a substance, which degrades the water quality, enters the water and alters its natural functions. Some sources of water pollution are farmers using fertilizer and it getting into groundwater and it getting into water. Also sewers sometimes run off into rivers, creeks, and/or lakes.

What are nitrates and are they bad?

A nitrate is natural compound in all ecosystems. It is one of the chemicals essential to plant life. Too much can be a problem for plants and animals. It is also a component of chemicals and manure-based fertilizers. So nitrates can be bad if there are too much of them in your drinking water.

How can WE prevent water pollution?

We can prevent water pollution by picking up after ourselves. For instance pick up trash on the side of the road when we go on walks. Or maybe recycling whenever we can. Reduce, reuse, and recycle as much as possible. Use chemical at least 200 feet away from main water sources. Those are some of the ways we can prevent water pollution.

How do Nitrates get in the water?

Nitrates can sometimes enter water sources in areas of high fertilizer use. When too much nitrates get into water it can be harmful to plants and animals. Other ways that nitrates can get into water if there are high sewage use and feedlots near by. Those are some ways that nitrates can get into water.

What is point and non-point sources of pollution?

A point source is a specific source of pollution that can be identified. A non-point source is a wildly spread source of pollution that cant be tied to a specific point of origin. The difference between the two is that a point source CAN be identified. A non-point source CAN’T be identified easily. Those are point and non-point sources of pollution.

In this pamphlet you read about fresh water pollution. You also read about nitrates and how they affect us and plant life and animals. Plus you read about point and non-point sources of pollution. I hope you enjoyed reading this pamphlet of ours.

Thanks from,

Hadlei, Jacob and Alina