Plant Cells & Animal Cells!(:-

Article posted June 14, 2012 at 05:20 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 205

Why do we dissect frogs? Their organs look a lot like ours. It's just too good to pass up.

Frog Dissection

We also had a squid. It was a great learning experience as we looked to see what structures they have to live in their environment.

Squid Dissection

But this was the most epic, we had rats that were purchased over 15 years ago. 

Rat Dissection

Here's the rat's brain:

Rat's brain.

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 07:03 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 62

all animals need food and the start of the food web starts with sunlight. sunlight gives energy to plants, the plants grow and bugs land on them, then bird eats the bugs, then the bird gets eaten by and land animal, then the land animal gets eaten by a bigger one, then he dies and give nutrients for plants to grow. the thing that all life needs is sunlight. then evolution has made it so all living things can survive today. so if it weren't for the sun life wouldn't exits.

Plant cells and animal cells have a lot of things in common like: Cytoplasm, Cytoskeleton, Endoplasmic Reticulum, Golgi Apparatus, Mitochondria, Nucleus, Peroxisomes, Plasma Membranes, Ribosomes. But they also have differences like: plant cells have Cell Walls, Chloroplasts and Vacuole and animals cells don't. Also, animal cells have Centrioles, Flagellum and Lysosomes and plant cells don't.