Copyright (c) 2014 by K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
K -- Blogmeister

2009-2010

by K

teacher: Mr. Edwards

Title: Current Event: March 2010 (03/12/10)
Description: What story did you read about in Scholastic News? Share your summary and thoughts about your article. I can't wait to read your posts!

The main idea was that just because your dad is famous doesn't mean you can't be a normal family. I found this because it said they love to take their dog Bo [their dog] on walks as a family.  It also said that they go sledding outside with their mom.  I think the author wrote this because they tell all the people who think that they just rome around their house, that they don't.  They have fun and do what a normal family out in the middle of Wisconsin might do.

A family affair was about president Barack Obama's kids and how they spend time with their parents just like us! They spend time with their Dad, (Barack Obama), their Mom and they do lots of fun things together! They go swimming in their pool, they can watch a movie in their movie theater and they can go bowling in the bowling ally too!

I think that the author's purpose for writing this article was to show you that no matter what, you can always spend time with your parents!

I think that this was a very interesting article.

On my Scholastic News, I read the article "Artist at work".

This article was about an author who wrote his book through pictures. He writes about African American freedom. He rights of a long time ago, when white and black people were in a feud, and didn't have equal rights. He wrote a book on Jackie Robinson, being the first African American to go into the MLB.

I think I'd like to read his new book on Jackie Robinson called "Breaking the Ice"., and that's why!

In the story Eyes on the tigers they talked about how little tigers there is in the wild. In Asia there is only about 3,500 tigers in the wild. A century ago there was 100,000 tigers in the wild. The 6 tiger types, Bengal tiger, Indo-Chineese tiger, Malayan tiger, Sumatran tiger, Siberian tiger and the South china tiger all of those tigers are all endangered.  

There are lots of people raising money for the tigers. Tigers are cool animals! Do you think so????

The title of the story i read is called I'm an Artist the person who rote this articles name is Aliki Grafft . This article is about Aliki and inventing Phineas and Ferb she also tells how she loves art. This takes place in 2009-2010 at the disney studios=http://! The most important people in I'm an Artist are Aliki, her grand father { he always cheers hers on with drawing} and Phineas and Ferb . I learned how much Aliki loves art. I love art=http://!!!

I read this article I read that a whole lot of tigers had died. About 100,000 tiger lived there a century ago. There are six types of tigers in the world. The six types of tigers are in danger and disappearing and people are the responsible for the tiger dying.

Eyes in the tigers was about all the tigers in the world becoming extinct. They are becoming extinct because people are illegally hunting tigers. Other people are cutting down the tigers' habitats. Because of all the hunting and habitat cutting there is fewer than 3,500 tigers that roam the wild. There used to be more than 100,000 tigers a long time ago. People in organizations are trying to save the tigers. They are predicting that by 2022 there will be more tigers.

I think the main idea of Eyes on the tigers is that according to the chineese lunar it is the year of the tiger. But there's only one problem about that. Tigers are becoming extinct. The numbers are dropping most likely because of illegal hunting and distraction to their habitats. Just a century ago 100,000 were roaming asia. Now the number has dropped to 3,500. That is a lot. I hope they will try to save some tigers before 200 is over.(Or the year of the tigers.)

This article is about women in the army. In my opinion, women should be able to do anything men can. But that's not the rule. Women can be in any part of the army except the fighting unit. Although, they can still fight with long range weapons from helicopters. Most women are nurses or pilots. Scientists think that rule will change in the future though. That's a good sign. But of course, we'll always want to keep peace!

The article I read was about tigers that are endangered. The main idea was that 13 nations are saving the tigers. Fewer than 3,500 tigers are in the wild in china. Illegal hunting is the issue. They plan to brake the buildings were the tigers lived. The bengal, Indo chinese, sumatran, siberian and the south china tiger are all endangered. that is what I read.

The story i read was women at war. It was about how people think that women should be able to fight on the battle field because women have been fighting for years and now the are not aloud to fight on the battle field anymore. Also people think it is not fair for women not being able to fight on the battle field. I am thinking that women should be able to fight on the battle field also because it is not fair to them because they do not get to fight on the battle field.

Thats what people think about women at war