Copyright (c) 2014 by K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
K -- Blogmeister

2009-2010

by K

teacher: Mr. Edwards

Title: The Witches...Final Chapter (11/16/09)
Description: Write your final chapter for The Witches. What do you think will happen next to the Boy and Grandmamma?

Our class just finshed reading Rold Dahl's book The Witches. This was such an awesome book. One of my absolute favorites. It is filled with great vocabulary and humor. Our class created alternante endings for this book in our assignments to the left. Enjoy the stories!!

Me and my Grandmama were on our way to the castle with half a dozen cats. I was a little scared they would eat me but grandmama said she wouldn't let them anywhere near me. When we got to the castle grandmama asked me "Do you have the mouse maker." "You bet I do." My toes were tingling with anticipation! We got to the castle and me and grandmama got out of the car. She set me on the ground and said "now be careful.""okay I promise." I said. I snuck under the door and I was in. It was thrilling that it was that easy. I sat down and listened for about two whole hours. Then I heard it. That the witches were going to levitate all the children in Norway after they ate the mouse maker. Wait no, they said they would spin them. And the mouse maker was in two little children's body. I found out where they live and went to see them. And after they were mice they levitated instead of spun. I went back two to the castle and stayed outside because I was really hungry. Grandmama was there and we went out to dinner. I was craving some gjetost. Grandmama got an omelet and some gjetost on the side. When the food got here she took one bite of the gjetost to look like she was eating it. Then she pretended to drop a fork put me down dropped the gjetost went back up and acted like she finished the gjetost. She just went on eating her omelet. When we were done Grandmama and me went back to the the castle. I went in because it was night. I put the mouse maker in all the food drinks in the fridge and freezer and anything else that was laying out. Then I left and me and grandmama went home. Right after lunch the next day me and Grandmama heard this horrid noise. Grandmama smiled so did I we both knew the mouse maker was working. By the time we got there with the mice we saw about 200 or more little mice through the window. We let the cats free and watched with pleasure. When all the mice were gone we bought 15 packs of tuna fish returned the cats and told the people to keep there money. Me and grandmama sold her house for only $500. We enjoyed very much living in the castle. I lived for 9 more years and grandmama lived for nine more years to. We both died on Halloween night.

Grandmama, I said what if one of the witches was to not eat the formula, what if she were to hide? Nonsense! she exclaimed so loud that I almost fell right out of her hand. Never talk with such negative rubbish, This plan is sure to work! When My grandmother said this I half believed her, half didn't. Well I thought, I'll just have to wait until tonight to find out!

We spent the whole day making mouse maker from the ingredients that we had gathered the day before. We found out that we made too much and ended up with five thousand bottles, Four thousand more than our original plan! when we found this out we simply laughed and said that we would reuse our only one thousand bottles.

Tonight at five-o-clock on the nose we went into the cellar where we were keeping the cats, we took one cat out, that we named Mary and fed her a bottle of mouse maker. In twenty six seconds instead of a little cat , we had a mouse! When we were sure that the mouse maker worked, we set out for the grand high witches house, by the time that we reached her front door it was exactly six-o-clock. My grandmother knocked quite loudly on the door. A Very peculiar servant answered the door I sssupose ttthat yyyou arre hhhere ttto ssse MMMiss MMMary HHHallet (the grand high witch) Yes my grandmother stated, yes I am. During all of this I was safely tucked away in my Grandmother's handbag. RRRight ttthis wwwway mmmam he told my grand mother. We followeded him into the living room in where the fire was burning up quite a flame and the grand witch was writing something down that she said was very private so I assumed that it was another formula. Ahamm the servent grunted ttthe nnnight bbbrings yyyou aaanother vvvisiter. he moaned with great bordom. Henry, you may leave and thank you for the warning the grand high witch sweetly stated.

My grandmother looked her right in the eye and said, Miss Hallet, I assume that what I am about to tell you might be over whelming but let's try not to make a fuss. The Grand high witch was now most extremly interested and pushed my Grandmama to go on. I have reilized that everyone likes the taste of sweets much more than the taste of nutritinous foods but what I have conducked will allow you to get the taste of whatever you want but still have the nutrition of the food infront of you. What that is impossible, upsurd the grand high witch exclaimed. Allow me to explain my grandmother went on. If you have a plate of healthy broccoli infront off you but really what you want is a big cocolate chip cookie this stuff will just about do the trick. All you do is put this whole bottle in the food and you say what flavor you want out-loud and then you shall have that taste but still the nutrition of the food in front of you. Marvelous, the grand high witch whispered in awe. In fact, my grandmother stated, your whole castle can try it if you would like. Well that seemed to do the trick, in two minutes and six seconds she had gotten everyone in the castle to come down and for waiters put yucky spinach (that everyone in the castle hated) in front of them.

My grandmother passed out a bottle out to everyone in the castle sitting down and eagerly waiting for the moment for them to be able to try this marvoulous mixture. when everyone had a bottle, my grandmother instructed them to pour it in and say out loud what the flavor is that they want. They did so. In twenty-six seconds we had a bunch of mice in front of us. We went out the door and let the cats that we had thrown along side the house in cages inside the house. one by one we let them out of their cages and waited for them to smell the mice and wander in greedily. When all of the cats were inside the house, we skipped happily home, and celebrated. That's what I and my Grandmama did for the rest of our lives, concurring witches, and celebrating, all day every day, forever.

Article posted November 17, 2009 at 01:12 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 52

A week later, we were ready. My grandmother packed a single duffel bag for us including the 500 doses of mouse-maker, and we were in a cab, off to the witches' castle!

While we drove along the countryside, it occurred to me that I had no way of getting into the castle. I know that I could creep in when a witch was using the door, but, for all I knew, THESE witches didn't leave their house very often. I mentioned this to my grandmother, who jumped in her seat and grimaced.

"My darling, you are absolutely right. What are we to do?" There was a long pause, and then I yelled, "I got it!"

Soon, a magnificent gray castle was visible looming ahead of us, in the mountains. I was frightened by the sight of it. It didn't look like a very inviting place.

The chauffeur let us out (I was in Grandmama's duffel bag) just outside the grand gates of the palace.

Grandmama handed me a bottle of Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker.

"Good luck, my darling," she said and stroked my back with the tip of her finger. "I'll meet you at 7:15 tonight at my inn." I hope I'll have lots of news to give her.

As I ran to the castle, I went over our plan in my head. First, I was going to run up the pipes on the walls of the castle and creep through the opening. That would get me inside the house. Then, I was going to simply sneak along the walls until I came to the kitchen-- probably right around lunchtime. Jumping around the on the shelves, I would look for and meal lying about and dump the mouse-maker right onto it. Then I would try to listen for any future plans of the witches.

I reached the pipe and ran rapidly up it. I came out into a room with all sorts of appliances and and oven in it. "The kitchen," I thought, "perfect."

I jumped around the countertop and soon spotted a pot of applesauce sitting cooling on the stove. I imagined they were all going to have some, so I climbed up on a shelf directly above the pot and dumped the entire contents of the bottle into the witches' food! I was victorious!

Not wanting to be realized, I took the label off the bottle before getting rid of it. I then looked at the clock, not wanting to be late for my grandmother, and, realizing that it was only 5:30 p.m., decided to explore a little. But before I had taken five steps toward the door, a large man came walking in and suddenly gave a shout of "MOUSE! MOUSE IN THE KITCHEN!!"

I bolted to the door with him on my tail. He stepped on one of my whiskers once but I escaped. Out in the hallway, I stayed as close to the wall as I could, not wanting to meet anyone else. I scrambled down through the pipe and out into the moonlight. I ran a few blocks until I came to Grandmama's inn and I ran through the door as a porter opened the door to go outside. I knew my grandmother's room number, room 301, and I jumped up the stairs until I came to it. I banged on the door with my paws and, when she didn't answer, I hissed, "Grandmama, it's me!" She opened the door and picked me up in her hands. She set me down on the table and asked, "How did it go, darling?" I told her about my narrow escape with the chef and also my triumph in getting the mouse-maker into the witches' food. She congratulated me and said, "Tomorrow we will bring in the cats to attack the witches. I'm proud of you darling. You did well."

Although different, the book and movie of The Witches are both very good. Here are some differences between the book and the movie.

In the book and movie, the grandma tells the boy (Luke, in the movie) all about witches. Both versions include a girl who, after a witch attacks her, is trapped inside a painting. That part is very interesting and very neat. Some other similarities are that the boy/Luke is turned into a mouse both times, but in the movie, Luke turns back into a boy at the end, and in the book, the boy stays a mouse.

In case you're wondering how the boy/Luke was turned into a mouse in the first place, the witches had a special formula (Formula 86 Delayed-Action Mouse Maker) to turn things into mice. They got ahold of him and made him drink it, only in the book, it was at the witches' annual meeting, and in the movie, it was in Luke's hotel room.

In the book and movie, the boy goes into the Grand High Witch's room to locate the formula so that he can pour it into the witches' food and turn them all into mice! In the movie, however, this feat was probably more dangerous than in the book, because in the movie, there was a CAT in her room! He escaped, however, with the formula, but in the movie, it was hidden in a book in her dresser, and in the book, it was under the mattress.

Finally, in the movie, the Grand High Witch has a slave who helps her with her mask, clothes and work.

One of the things I especially enjoyed about the movie The Witches was that it was so realistically scary. You felt as if you were really the boy, and all the scary happenings were really taking place. I love the story of the witches!

Article posted November 19, 2009 at 03:57 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 47

The next day we went to the pet shop. We bought lots of cats and plenty of cat food for the long drive. I was hidden in a little pocket in front of the passenger seat so that the cats didn’t feed away at me first.

A week later, we were there, in front of the castle. We were astonished. We never thought we would actually make it. As I walked closer, I noticed that there was an empty hole in the door. “Perfect,” I said. As I walked in, I noticed there were lots of fireplaces, and they were all on. I crept to the grand high witch’s room. I remained silent so I wouldn’t be noticed by any of the witches. When I got there, I found another hole in the door. I didn’t know why all the doors had holes in them. I looked for the mouse maker formula. I tried to think, “Where would she put it?” My mind was blank. I looked through every drawer, no mouse maker.

As I crawled over to the closet, I noticed that there was a cabinet that read, “Secret Formulas”. Bolting over, I grabbed a hold of the knob and swung it open. There were all kinds of deadly things inside; acid, frog warts, platypus tail, even werewolf hair. But underneath all of the dangerous ingredients was the mouse maker, itself! I grabbed it and held it close to my chest. I scurried feverishly down the stairs. As I headed down, I saw a witch drilling a hole in a door. Then, I realized the holes are for the other witches so they can climb through.

When I got to the door, I opened it up. I ran to my Grandma’s car screaming, “I got it!” Grandma opened the door. She grabbed it quickly. She shouted and cheered, “Hooray!” Then, the next day I went through the crack and went directly to the kitchen. I didn’t find any bowls of cereal, pots of soup, or big pies lying around, so I left.

At night, I sneaked back in to the kitchen. I spotted a big pot of soup. I looked inside to make sure they hadn’t just finished it, and sure enough, they hadn’t. I wondered how this trip had turned out so smoothly, but at the same time, I was jumping for joy. As I dumped the mouse maker into the soup, I heard the grand high witch announce, “Supper time!” I dumped the rest of the formula into the soup just in time to make it to the door.

After I escaped, I crawled through the hole and watched. Some mice and some witches came. When I saw them line up in front of the soup, I felt proud. They all poured their soup into their bowls and starting eating away. About an hour later, I heard shrieking from inside the castle. I ran over and saw some witches were growing tails! Triumphant at last…I went back to the car and told Grandma that it was time.

We brought the cats from inside their cages and opened up the door. There was no alarm, which was a relief. Then we opened up the cages, and all the cats ran free. We shut the door quickly so no cats went for me. Quickly, we jumped into Grandma’s car and drove home.

Epilogue

A week later we were home. We remained silent about the witch project until we were sure that no witches survived. When we were positive, we told everyone about the witches and what we had done to them. Also, when I was there, I found the UNDO formula. I put it in my mouse food, and in the next 24 hours, I felt a lot taller. I looked in the mirror and I was me again! I was glad to me and nothing else, Maxwell Lindsey Anderson, and I was here to stay!

I think it going to end with the witches are going to run out the door so they don't get eaten by the cats. Then they are going to go into a different house so they don't find them any more so they don't get caught. Then they call each other to go to another world. When they finished they got caught by the grandma and the mouse so they brought out the cats so they can chase them away. Afterwards, the Grandmother and the mouse travel the world looking for witches to eliminate, and to find a potion to turn the mouse back into a little boy.

Article posted December 1, 2009 at 01:25 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 54

The Castle

"That castle looks creepy," I thought when my grand-mama and I started up the hill towards it. It seemed even creepier when I realized every witch in the world was in there right now. When we got near the back of the castle, I called the cats to follow. Grand-mama slipped me under the door, as soon as I was in, I ran out of sight.

Witches quickly walked around trying to keep the new Grand-high Witch's commands straight. I wanted to stay and look around but I had one job to do and one job only: turn the witches into mice. I heard a dinner bell ring. Was I too late???

Article posted December 1, 2009 at 01:25 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 52

Time To Get Serious

I expected all the witches to start moving toward the dining room, but they just kept doing what they were doing. I looked for the kitchen, found it, and quickly darted in. When I looked around, I realized that the bell I heard was not a dinner bell, it was a timer for the steak. I put a little mouse maker in each serving of food, then quickly left.

Outside, grand-mama and I filled up all the cracks in the doors so the "mice" could not get out. We heard a real dinner bell chime. We waited, and waited, then finally, we heard screaming. The witches were turning into mice! We let the cats in then went happily down the hill towards our home.

A few weeks later, we climbed the hill again, and opened the door to the castle. The cats streamed out and all the mice were gone. We looked around and decided to live in the castle from then on.

The End

The Castle

When we get the ingredients we will use ingenuity to make the formula, when you get in the castle you will use the formula to make the witches turn into mice by putting the formula in there food. When I hot into the castle I went straight to the kitchen. It was a fascinating in there, there was witch people in the kitchen. I got onto a shelf and unsecured the cap and pored the formula into the soup and then they saw me. I was going to get eaten by a cat or get my waist chopped off but it was both it hap at the same time. I still made the witches turn into mice and the cat ate them. my grandma died 4 years later.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Norway!" I was bumping in my Grandmama's handbag. We were passing every single tourist to head up a great mountain with a stone castle perched on the very top."Ready to climb?" Grandmama said enthusiastically."Yeah!" I said. We climbed. When we got to the top, we knocked on the door. Grandmama hid. The door burst open and a witch said,"WHAT WHO WHERE WHEN WHY HOW?!" I dived in the room. Bad luck. A witch saw me. "MOUSE!!!" I ran into the kitchen. I knew it was safe in a bag of gruntlesegg. Wait...gruntlesegg was an ingredient for the mouse-maker. I looked up. There, right next to him was a bottle of mouse-maker. I carried it and poured it in green-tea-pudding. I ran to the exit that was open. A journey awaited me and Grandmama.

Now we are at the castle. We have the cats. We knock on the door. A mouse opens the door i am behind the castle. Grandmama says ''hello I have package for you'' There are 7 cats in it. We say goodbye and we go look inside from a window. 7 cats are running around inside. they are taking out every mouse one by one. Me and grandmama are laughing so hard. All of the mouses are all gone. I go in grandmamas purse we go inside the castle. We are checking the place out. We are walking out and one cat spots me. I fell out of the purse i am running feverishly the cat scratches me grandmama picks me up she tries to keep me alive. It is no use i am fading away. I am gone. 4 years later grandmama dies of a heart attack. All of the witches in the world are all gone.

Okay, first we have to go to the petstore to buy the cats. Lets go !! We need 100 cats and each cat is one dollar. So we need $100.00

Where are we going to get one hundred dollars? ding dong the door bell rang."who is it?" "It is the UPS man" “wow that is a big box I wonder what it is?” I know what. I opened it to find out. Wow that is a lot of money. Where did you get the money? well you know how we turned all the witches in England to mice. yeah well the people in England were so happy that they paid us. awesome! now we can get the cats and the plane ticket. Well we should get the cats. Okay, we are not going to get the cute cats lets just get a cheap cat. Now we have 100 cats. Lets go to the airport. The lady at he airport said, “hello, may i take your luggage? Yes, I replied. “Gramma I’m hungry lets get something to eat. how are we going to get through security with all the cats? well you now how i asked the guy to put the cats at the bottom of the plane . oh that is were they are going to put the cats. the plan is about to take off. can i eat my sandwich when we take off? The plane took off.

finally we landed. okay now we have to find the mountain. there it is! it is probably five miles away. lets get a taxi. we got a nice hotel. Then we rented a car and drove to the mountain and they found the castle. The kid dropped the formula in their lunch and all the witches turned into mice. HIs grandma brought the cats into the castle to eat the mice.

The end!

The little mouse goes into the castle and witches were all over the place. One witch spotted him and called it out. The witches threw knifes. he almost got hit by them but he lodged in the corner the witches were looking for him. He had the mouse maker in the food no spotted. The boy hid in the corner the witches spotted him and they put mouse traps by him his tale got cut of so did his head he died. But the witches ate the food and turned into mouses and succeeded.

My grandmother woke me up the next morning, when even the light wasn't awake. I felt fatigue. I knew I would have to have a lot of stamina. I hopped out of my cotton ball bed and used my special gadget to open the door to the dinning room. My grandma had a plain omelet with that goat cheese, Gjetost. My grandma seemed energetic and optimistic, like she was when I was a human boy. She looked up from her map of Norway and I saw that familiar twinkle in her eyes. She greeted me with her usual smile. "Eat fast, my darling!" she said. "We will have to get a mitten for your luggage, dear,"she added, rummaging through her handbag. "That idea of the cats was ingenious!" exclaimed through a mouthful of her omelet. I finished my breakfast and scampered downstairs to join my grandma near the front door. As we waited for our taxi to the castle, which was 3 miles away, I asked my grandmother when the taxi was to come. "Ten o'clock," she answered. It was 10:00 right now. Honk, honk! The taxi driver had to honk his his horn 5 times in order to get our attention. My grandmother opened the door of the taxi and we got in. I looked out of the window and watched the trees and buildings go by in a blur. I turned my attention back to the escapade I was facing. I had to eliminate all the witches in only a day! I must have fallen asleep, because my grandmother had to touch me ever so gently to indicate that it was time. My grandmother got out and then picked me up and placed me on the ground. Then, although I wish I hadn't, I looked up. There, towering over me, was the was the silhouette of the most terrifying and eerie castle ever. I stifled a gasp and turned my attention back to the taxi driver. ".... is a very notorious castle you've got there, ma'am," the cab driver was telling my grandmother. Thank you very much, I thought. That made me feel better about the whole situation. As the cab driver was driving away, my grandmother told me NOT to go astray. And, as I am sitting here telling you this story, I am remembering this time ever too clearly. But, back to the story. I told my grandmother that I loved her, and that I would never forget her. “And, if I die, I will be vanishing from your life because I love you,” I added. She kissed me on my little mouse head. “I love you,” she said solemnly, and the tears that had been stinging my eyes made my eyes give away, and I wept. I wept for everything, my dad and my mom, my grandmother, my friends, and the whole wide world. “It is time,” my grandmother said. She gave me the mouse-maker and I ran to the castle as fast as I could. I thought about a good alibi for if I ever needed one in the castle. But let’s face it. I was really scared. I didn’t know what was become of me in the scary and notorious castle. I reached the castle. I stopped to catch my breath and then I turned around to face my fear. I looked under the crack under the door. Could I fit in? I stuck my head in the crack and if my head can get under, than so can the rest of my body, I thought. Then, I edged the rest of my body through the crack and found myself staring at a big pair of high-heeled black boots. I thought they were not on someone’s feet, but I was wrong. “Ahh. VVVhhat do vee have here?” came a familiar, screeching voice. THE GRAND HIGH WITCH OF ALL THE WORLD=http://!! I looked up in panic and say myself staring at face I had dreaded most. With her long nose and her wrinkling face, I was sure she looked just as much scary as the old Grand High Witch or maybe even scarier! But I took no time to notice and I ran through her legs and into the hall. I ran and ran as fast as my little mouse legs could carry me.  Who knows where I might go to hide, for I bet the Grand High Witch knows every hiding spot in the place... unless...

I run to the kitchen and hide behind the big pot of stew.  I carefully pour the mouse-maker into the bowl just as the witch waiter comes and grabbes it.  I scurry under the table and start to find the exit.  Here!  I run under the door as fast as I can and there, I see my grandmother waiting for me, and I have a huge smile writen all over my face as I scurry into her waiting hands.  "You did it, I don't believe it!" she whispers as she gets into the cab.  I can't even believe it, either.   

By Emily1