Copyright (c) 2014 by H Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
H -- Blogmeister

by H teacher: Mr. Edwards

What will fourth grade be like? What should I expect? You should expect a whole year of great teachers, and A LOT of fun!!! I could probably go on forever describing all the fun things we did this year, but there are two things I think about when I think about when I think of fourth grade. Blogging, And simple Machines.

Blogging seamed like a big, and fun part about this year. We read, and wrote a lot of fun and interesting books this year, and then got to post them on our very own blog!!! I enjoyed sharing my thoughts with people from other states. I would maybe write a paragraph or two describing a book I read and maybe the next day, I would go on to find a comment posted by a student from New Zealand! Students from different states do things differently than we do things here at Greenbriar, so they can tell us what's happening there, and we can tell then what's going on here. Blogging was a fun way to share your thoughts with people from other states!

Next is simple Machines.I'm going to start at the very beginning. We first got to learn about all the simple machines and how they work. We had partners and we made cool slideshows on keynote. We did fun activities on the active board to help us learn them. Next comes the fun part! We got to create our own simple machine!!! I had a blast making mine. I shared it with the class and got to watch other students present theirs. I had so much fun working with all six of the simple machines.

Mr. Edward's class was the best. We did tons of fun and exciting things. Fourth grade is sooo much fun. I know you'll love it!!!

This is a picture of me working with the simple machine of a screw. I Chose this photo because it was a good example of how a simple machine works. I was trying to screw the nail into a block of wood. Kate is holding it making it easier for the screw to go in. There were to nails we got to screw in, And we figured out which of the nails was easier to screw in. I enjoyed learning about all the simple machines!

To me this picture looks like the people are all crowed in and not very comfortable. The boat is very crowded and people are begging to escape. The people can barley move, the picture is trying to tell you what the people were feeling and it told me right away exactly how the people were feeling. They felt sad and scared and worried. Every single one of them. It puts me in their shoes and makes me feel exactly how i think they feel. It makes me feel sick, sea sick and worried. That picture doesn't make me feel good at all. I think this picture is representing that america is all in one boat. I think its kinda like showing a whole country in one boat. That is what I think of when I see this picture.

If I were to pick out of the four people I would pick the upper class girl.

My reason for choosing the upper class girl is because she has a big family and normal life. She lives with her mother, her father, and her two sisters in a two story house with a big yard. She lives in lake forest Illinois right near Chicago City. She doesn't have to work hard, or do chores and she has time to play with her friends to! She works with a tutor on your school lessons. Her family lives in a Wealthy and Fashionable small town with a normal and perfect life!!

That is why I would want to be the upper class girl!

Who knows of the show Phineas and Ferb? Well If you have I learned about Aliki Grafft who actually draws the cartoons in the show!!!! What's also amazing is that as well as drawing the cartoons she wrote some of the songs in the show. One was Phinedroids and ferbots and also Spa Day. Aliki Graft studied art at the University of southern california. She right now is working for Disney channel but in the past has worked for Nickaloadian. I think drawing and writing songs is a pretty cool job!!!!

By hannah

I think the main idea of Eyes on the tigers is that according to the chineese lunar it is the year of the tiger. But there's only one problem about that. Tigers are becoming extinct. The numbers are dropping most likely because of illegal hunting and distraction to their habitats. Just a century ago 100,000 were roaming asia. Now the number has dropped to 3,500. That is a lot. I hope they will try to save some tigers before 200 is over.(Or the year of the tigers.)

It's late at night the moon's shining bright just like a spotlight. I'm the only one skating people are watching and waiting. From a distance the people look like trees. My shadow is big that everyone sees.

Back in the 1800's the roller coasters weren't nearly as fun and amusing as they are now. To ride them back then it only coasts a nickel but that was a fortune to them. For us just to get in the park it coasts 100$ per person. Also there roller coasters only went six mph and ours goes 135 miles in 3.5 seconds. Are roller coasters were so popular that the lines to get on them could be miles long. When there's is less than 20 feet. I think it was neat to learn the differences from back then!!!

Article posted December 9, 2009 at 03:55 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 71

Grace is the funniest girl in bunk 3c. she can laugh at everything. This summer grace got good electives. she got into a drama class with her only good not great friend Brynn. Everyone in her bunk has a best friend except for her. But while in drama a girl named Gabby from bunk 3a asks her to be drama partners. She thinks maybe Gabby could be her best friend at camp. Although know one can replace Emily her best friend at home. But when Gabby starts being a bully she can't just laugh it off. There's also something else she's hiding. Grace is going to have to read two books throughout the summer and pass 20 questions from it before she can go to a fun field trip there taking to wet world.

In drama she meats this guy named Devon and starts being friends with him. will she pass the test? Will she go to wet world? will she end up falling for devon? Graces twist was a great book. It was funny and good at the same time. I Can relate to grace because It's hard to pick one best friend away from School. I think you should read Graces Twist!!!

I liked both the movie and the book. They were very different but also very alike. In the book they call the boy just the boy and in the movie his name is Luke. And the grandma is called grandmama in the book and just grandma in the movie. In the end of the movie luke turned back in to a human. They both had bruno jenkins an the grandmama smoked cigars in both. also in the book and the movie the parents die in a car crash. there were things that were different and the same but I liked them both a lot.

Beautiful white beds of snow as the lights on the building flame and glow. A Pathway that leads to were i'm sleeping so deep and know the snow is falling off the tree it seems as if they are one but me hears the big bell creep.

Jenna is beginning another sumer at camp.  she has been going there since she was little along with her twin brother Adam and older sister Stephenie. she used to pull millions of pranks throughout the past summers at Lake view.  But soon they begin to get less and less funny to  every body and she's lost her mind. What's going on with her? Is she just getting sick of her sibs being there all the time or is there something else going on? 

Article posted October 27, 2009 at 03:45 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 73

11 year old Natalie Goode is sent off to overnight camp Lake view for 8 weeks. From the city she's not interested in going to the country.  The first week she's not happy about the camp until she meets lots of friends and even a (Boy) Friend. But when a secret she's been hiding gets in her way she may loose her friendship with them forever or maybe thy will forgive her.

I had a great time at Graue MIll.

On the main floor they  showed us how to use the matirels that they used to use for cooking. On the second floor, they showed us a loom and how they used to make to there clothes. They only got one pair of clothes a year!

On the highest floor we got to see old fashoned bedrooms, Kitchens, and dinning rooms. Their was a   bathtub  in their kitchen! In the basement there were lots of cog wheels. The lady Joyce told us that we walked the same plce that Aberham Lincoln walked.  It had been there for 150 years! only a little bit more reinforced. We even got corn meal and got corn bread today at school. It was so good! I had a great time at Graue MIll.

Once upon a time there lived a girl. her name was Annibell. Everybody thought her name was divine.

She craved to have this beautiful dimond necklace that she had seen in a jewlers shop the other day. And when her her mom told her she couldn't have it she was dejected. The dimonds were dazzling.  a few days later when she went to the jewlers  the necklace that she had seen had vanihed. Someone elce had bought it. Her Birthday was in 1 day. when that day came she opened her last preasent from her mom.

My favorite quote of the week is....

"We haven't failed. We now know a thousand things that won't work, so we are much closer to finding what will."

-Thomas Edison

I think he is trying to say that there are so many things that won't work so now they have narrowed it down so most of the things try will work. So never give up!

My favorite quote this week was...

don't judge a book by it's cover.

-English proverb

This means to me that if you see a book that has a baseball on it and you don't like baseball it doesn't mean you don't like the book. so it's saying don't decide whether you like the book or not by looking at the cover. For example i'm not a huge fan of baseball cards but i thought I would give Honus and me a try. And that book was sooooo Good!!

my favorite quote this week was...

Don't worry about knowing people;just make yourself worth knowing.

this means to me that you should not worry about knowing other people you should make yourself nice and caring so that people will want to know you and be your friend.

my favorite quote so far was....

Like a ten speed bike most of us have gears we do not use.

-Charles Schultz

It means to me that a ten speed bike has lots of gears that they don't use and we have lots of gears that we don't use. what I mean by gears is some things we know a lot about or a talent then we don't use it. and a bike with ten speeds doesn't use all of the ten speeds that it has.

4th grade 06/03/10
Simple Machines 04/30/10
uncle Sam's crowded boat 04/23/10
immigration 04/14/10
I'm An artist. 03/19/10
Eyes on the tigers. 03/12/10
poem #3 01/22/10
roller coaster 01/08/10
Graces Twist 12/09/09
The Witches 11/20/09
poem 11/13/09
jenna 11/10/09
Natalie 10/27/09
Graue Mill 10/16/09
Story 10/09/09
Quote 10/02/09
quote 09/25/09
quotes 09/11/09
Quotes 09/04/09