Copyright (c) 2014 by H Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
H -- Blogmeister

by H teacher: Mr. Edwards

Title: What to Expect in 4th grade (06/03/10)
Description: You've spent a year in 4th grade and experienced some much. It's now time to reflect and think about the wonderful things you did this year. I'd like you to write to the incoming fourth grade students and give them some insight into what they should expect in my classroom. Think about everything we've done this year. What should they expect? What will 4th grade be like? Share your thoughts about 4th grade.

Article posted June 7, 2010 at 02:00 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 207

The end of the year is coming to an end. It was a great year!! We had lots of fun and learned a lot. Our class wrote about what the incoming grade four students will experience (in my classroom). Take a look at what they said. There writing can be found under assignments. Enjoy!!

4th grade was the best year ever so get ready for the best ride of your life, between reading a book and watching the movie and going to the Museum of Science and Industry.

One thing we did in 4th grade was read the book The Witches, actually Mr. Edwards read it. As he read we were allowed to draw the pictures we saw in our minds. Not only that but after we were done reading The Witches we got to watch the movie It was cool to see the differences between the book and the movie. Another very fun thing we did was go to the Museum of Science and Industry. First we went to make Simple Machines which was what we were talking about. Next we went to the Idea Factory where there was this one thing that you put a plastic ball up a tube and the air would move the ball to this cool little pirate ship. After that we got to go explore anything we wanted to. I went and saw this really cool tsunami if you wanted to make it big wave you would make the wave big on this computer and then there was a really big wave. Last we went to see baby chicks, some were just hatching and others were running around like crazy, they were so cute.

To me 4th grade is the best grade to be in and I wish I could be in it again! 

Fourth grade was probably one of my favorite years ever! We did lots of blogging, reading and writing. We did a lot with the idea of simple machines and we also watch a lot of short, fun videos called Tim and Moby!

When we do blogging on our classroom blog it's REALLY fun. Some of what we blog about are assignments, and sometimes we blog about something that we came up with. It's also exiting to leave comments on other people's work, and it's even MORE exiting to get a comment back!

In fourth grade, we also do a lot of reading and writing! Some of the things we read are, Time for kids or Scholastic magazines or books like Shiloh and The Witches. Or a lot of times, we read our own free reading books, (there are lots of choices in our small "Library" in our classroom)

But my favorite thing to do in fourth grade is, WRITE!!! And that's lucky for me because here in fourth grade we do an ENORMOUS amount or writing! We write about provided writing prompts, like what's your favorite season and who's your superhero? We also write our blank books at the end of the year and illustrate them, which I'm sure you know is LOTS of fun! But the thing we do most is free writing, writing about anything you want. You choose your won topic or story!

We also do a lot of fun projects and stuff with simple machines. We studied about the six different types of simple machines (Lever pulley, inclined plane, screw, wheel and axle and the wedge.) Then we make our own simple machines and did a presentation in front of the class.

O.K., now here's a REALLY fun thing about 4th grade: Tim and Moby! I'll bet that you don't know what Tim and Moby is, do you? Well let me explain. Tim and Moby are short little "Movies" about, well about everything! Science, social studies, math, reading all sorts of things! We watch them frequently about stuff we just learned or about things that we are ABOUT to lean!

That was fourth grade, and it really WAS one of my favorite years EVER=http://

Welcome to fourth grade, a very enjoyable year! I am one of Mr. Edwards' fourth graders from last year, here to give you a little preview of next year. Mr. Edwards is a FANTABULOUS teacher because he has a sense of humor and makes learning always fun!! While reading this, you will learn all about a few great experiences: a field trip to The Grove and our unit on colonies!

Around the middle of our fourth grade year, we studied the 13 American colonies, pieces of land along the east coast such as New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, Georgia and nine others. I enjoyed this unit partly because we each were assigned a colony to learn about either with a partner or by yourself. We also had the opportunity to learn about something different than our classmates and then share the interesting facts that we worked hard on learning. I also liked that we could share knowledge online and use pictures to brighten and color each of our Keynote slides in our online presentation. While studying colonies, I learned information about Virginia's government, notable people industry and way of life.

Our second field trip of the year was to The Grove. It is a school, but it is only a one-room schoolhouse like the ones in the mid-1800's! It had a blackboard, wooden desks, a woodburning stove and even a dunce cap! I had fun there because we were taught what school was like for children our age back then (you are lucky to be in our time) and although I had read about school life in the old days, it was much different to experience it while you were there. It gave our class and understanding of how lucky we are to live right here, right now.

You will have so much fun learning, growing and improving in Mr. Edwards' fourth grade! Enjoy!

4th Grade was awesome! I wish I could stay in Mr. Edwards class because we got to do a lot of creative things.

One thing we got to do was visit the Museum of Science and Industry! That was SO fun because we got to see and do everything, which was awesome. Some things we saw were a fake tornado that REALLY looked real, a model of Chicago, and we got to listen to a Fairy Tale Kingdom. Some things we got to do were we got to estimate and choose how big we wanted a model of a tsunami was, if you're lucky you can go to the Rocket Ship that went all over the place, and a cool one was there were tow glass things, and when you spoke into one of the glass things, you could hear what you said at the other glass things.

Another thing we did was we made a simple machine . It was so fun making it because you could be creative and build whatever meant something to you, and you could see all of the other creative things other classmates made. 4th grade was awesome and that is why.

For the new fourth grade student coming you will like fourth grade these are the reason why.

One of the reason is why, because you get to make simple machine and you get to created as much as you want. I will give you some examples we did there was a lot of dog feeders and there was a back scraper and I did not know how to make it.

Another reason is that you get to watch movies once you finish the book and if he let you watch the movie. One of the movie was night of the twister you didn't need to see the movie if you didn't want to see it, because there where some scary parts and some happy parts.

I think you will like fourth grade because you get to do a lot of fun things I hope you like fourth grade.

Article posted June 3, 2010 at 05:37 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 101

If you have Mr.Edwards for fourth grade next year you will absolutely positively think that this year will be the best year at Greenbriar School. That is exactly what I thought (and I still think that now) after the first few weeks in his class.

Mr.Edwards is the nicest, most caring and the most funniest fourth grade teacher ever. He helps everyone with math problems or any other question we don't get.

This year we also had a lot of really field trips like the Science and Industry Museum, The Grove and the Graue mill but my favorite one was the Science and Industry Museum. There was a lot of really fantastic and cool exhibits like the weather and robot exhibits. The weather exhibit showed us all the kinds of natural disasters and how they are formed. Tornadoes, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, all kinds of storms.

At the Robot exhibit it had all types of cool robots that build stuff and draws pictures. It is so cool.

I loved this year and I hope you like it to!

for all of you coming into 4th grade it is the biggest year because it is a big step from all the other grades. what I mean by that is you get more home work, you work harder and study harder. It is very easy to get a pluses but if you don't study it is very hard.

When you get a C pulse or a B minus don't be mad because it just makes you want to study harder. That is good ,so don't be surprised if you get an A on your next. When you get your first A pulse ,it fells so exciting. you fell so proud of your self that you want to yell ''yes''.

Since this is all new to you, on the first week it is the most fun because you don't do much but after the first week it gets harder. what I mean is your mind grows and you now more as the work gets harder. So 4th grade not bad art all. It's great.

What will fourth grade be like? What should I expect? You should expect a whole year of great teachers, and A LOT of fun!!! I could probably go on forever describing all the fun things we did this year, but there are two things I think about when I think about when I think of fourth grade. Blogging, And simple Machines.

Blogging seamed like a big, and fun part about this year. We read, and wrote a lot of fun and interesting books this year, and then got to post them on our very own blog!!! I enjoyed sharing my thoughts with people from other states. I would maybe write a paragraph or two describing a book I read and maybe the next day, I would go on to find a comment posted by a student from New Zealand! Students from different states do things differently than we do things here at Greenbriar, so they can tell us what's happening there, and we can tell then what's going on here. Blogging was a fun way to share your thoughts with people from other states!

Next is simple Machines.I'm going to start at the very beginning. We first got to learn about all the simple machines and how they work. We had partners and we made cool slideshows on keynote. We did fun activities on the active board to help us learn them. Next comes the fun part! We got to create our own simple machine!!! I had a blast making mine. I shared it with the class and got to watch other students present theirs. I had so much fun working with all six of the simple machines.

Mr. Edward's class was the best. We did tons of fun and exciting things. Fourth grade is sooo much fun. I know you'll love it!!!

Hey, future 4th graders! You might be nervous or excited to go into 4th grade. I recommend the excited feeling. But if you're nervous, don't worry! There are plenty of fun things to do, regardless of your class! Okay, okay. There are tests now and then, but those tests are on awesome subjects that you will study. What? You're still not convinced?

Well, if I tell you about some subjects that we study, you are sure to get excited. Geography... your first subject. Here you will learn about the continents and oceans of the world. You will also learn about longitude and latitude along with geography. Landforms will be your 2nd subject. You will learn about volcanoes, earthquakes and things like that. And after many other subjects, there is simple machines. This is where you make your own compound machine. Exciting, huh? What? You say yes?!

I'm glad you finally agree with me that 4th grade is fun. and spread the news around. Especially nervous people. 4th grade is fun!

All of you incoming 4th graders will expect fun.

In my opinion the best field trip was the museum of science and industry. My best time there was at the weather part. They made this tornado and it was really cool to see it twist. Another part there was the farm section because you got to see how a cow gets milked and you can goon a tractor. I also really liked this place were there were these two glass things and you can communicate. That was really cool.

My favorite subject was simple machines . I really liked making my simple machine and seeing my classmates ones.I had a blast sharing mine to the class and I hope you will to.

my favorite activity was making my por qoui tale. They were so fun to make and draw. My por qoui was how the turtle got so slow.

You guys will like 4th grade believe me.

the two favorite things about fourth grade is the field trips and the projects. For all the incoming fourth grade students you should probably read this to prepare for fourth grade.

the projects we have done were lots of fun. My favorite was making a compound machine. It was a lot of fun because i like brain storming ideas and making the machine.

the book reports were fun to. You do a realistic fiction book report a news book report and a biography report.

the field trips that i went on were the museum of since and industry and the grove my favorite was the museum of since and industry because the submarine exhibit. there was a game were you were the captain when you turned your wheel a platform tilted.

that is what is fun in fourth grade.

If you are in Mr.Edwards class in fourth grade you will have the best time of your life.

When you are in fourth grade you will have a great time because Mr.Edwards has great math games to play like multiplication basketball and multiplication baseball they are very fun and they help you learn your math facts its the best. Once you play these games you will know what i mean you learn and have fun at the same time.

In fourth grade you will study simple machines and do a lot of fun things with that like make a keynote with a partner to help you. That is not all Mr.Edwards lets you make you`r very own simple machine it is so much fun and cool.

Field trips in fourth grade are cool to you get to go to the museum of science and industry you get to see how a tornado forms and you get to learn about cool things there.

Thats what you should expect in fourth grade a great time.

Going from third grade to fourth grade can be a big jump for some people. You're probably thinking that you wish you could be in third grade again. Well, you probably thought wrong. Fourth grade, I promise, will be your favorite year yet. there are tomes of great, new things to look foward to, like doing a Por Quoi tale for your blank book and using a fun vocabulary program to help you strengthen your speech.

Por Quoi. Two french words you don't or aren't familiar with yet. Don't worry. I'll explain everything. Por Quoi means "why". To write a Por Quoi, or 'why", story, your main focus should be on how or why something is in the world.

Vocabulary is almost a part of the daily schedule. With this fun program, vocab is so cool. Each week, you would learn new vocabulary words and after that, you would read a story with the new vocabulary words in it. Trust me, with a little thinking, planning, and some hard work, fourth grade might not be so hard arter all.

4th grade 06/03/10
Simple Machines 04/30/10
uncle Sam's crowded boat 04/23/10
immigration 04/14/10
I'm An artist. 03/19/10
Eyes on the tigers. 03/12/10
poem #3 01/22/10
roller coaster 01/08/10
Graces Twist 12/09/09
The Witches 11/20/09
poem 11/13/09
jenna 11/10/09
Natalie 10/27/09
Graue Mill 10/16/09
Story 10/09/09
Quote 10/02/09
quote 09/25/09
quotes 09/11/09
Quotes 09/04/09