Copyright (c) 2014 by E Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
E -- Blogmeister

2009-2010

by E

teacher: Mr. Edwards

Title: Meteorology and Ginger Zee (03/10/10)
Description: What did you think of the presentation? Share you thoughts about it. I can't wait to read your posts!!

We had an exciting visitor to our school yesterday. A meteorologist from NBC5 in Chicago spoke to our 4th grade classes. Her name was Ginger Zee. She shared with us how she became interested in meteorology, which was through here own experience of seeing a waterspout on Lake Michigan (how exciting and yet scary!). Ginger did an excellent job explaining the science behind meteorology. She talked about climatology, surface observations, technology, atmosphere, and other phenomena related to weather. It was clear that Ginger really likes what she does!! The students found the presentation very interesting and I know it will motivate them to complete their research on extreme weather.

Our class wrote about the event, too. Read what they wrote under assignments.

(Mr. Edwards with Ginger Zee)

Studying the weather. That's what I learned about from a presentation from Ginger Zee from NBC5. She explained about weather, how you predict it and why she decided to become a meteorologist. She told us about all of the tools that she uses to predict the weather. Such as Radars, satellites, weather balloons and much more. She explained how storms and tornadoes form. She told us how weather in other places can affect the weather here. I really enjoyed her presentation on weather.

Today, Ginger Zee, a meteorologist from NBC 5 came to present about weather.

I really liked the way she introduced her segment on weather. She told the story of once when she was a girl, she saw a huge water sprout.It was very interesting. It was interesting because the way it looked was fascinating. Her brother started screaming and started a chain effect all across the beach. Ginger Zee just stopped and stared. That's why she wanted to be a meteorologist.

She also used very appropriate words, that we could understand.

I liked the presentation and that's why.

On March 9 2010 all the four grades classes came to watch Ginger Zee's presentation. I like when she started her presentation with a water spout when she was eight years old when she was at lake Michgan. It forms when something hot and cold come together then it forms the water spout. Maybe I want to become a Meteorologist one day.

I was super excited for the NBC5 weather reporter and meteorologist Ginger Zee to give us a presentation! First, she talked about her childhood. She said that what grabbed her to the weather was that she had once experienced a water spout. That really got our attention. Now she taught us how meteorologists predicted the weather. I always thought they just had lucky guesses . Apparently, they use all kinds of tools like weather balloons. A weather balloon is a powerful balloon with a box attached to it. The box collects data from the troposphere(the first layer of the atmosphere)and sends it back to earth. At the end of the presentation, we would get our pictures taken and we'll be on NBC5! I better tell my mom!

Today we saw a presentation from Ginger Zee. She told us a story when she was a kid at the beach she saw a water spout and that is when she wanted to be a meteorologist. She works at NBC 5 news. We also learned about the atmosphere and how tornados form. She told us about weather balloons and radars and satellites and she also told us about how she has to know the weather at other places to know about the weather were she lives.

On Tuesday March 9th 2010 Ginger Zee went to our school for a presentation. she is a meteorologist at nbc Chicago news. when she was 8 she saw a water spout on lake Michigan!! then she said that our teacher is going to take a picture of our class and put it on the news!! that is what i learned from Ginger Zee's report.

On March 9, 2010 the fourth grade classes went to Ginger Zee's presentation at our School. I liked how she started off her presentation with how she saw a water spout when she was 8. She said that after she saw the water spout that she was inspired. The water spout looked really cool how it swirled up. Maybe I might be a meteorologist like Ginger Zee is!!!

On tuesday march ninth 2010 Ginger Zee from NBC 5 came to our school and gave us a report about weather and how you tell what the weather is going to be. I liked the part when she told us the part about when she was little and a water spout formed and everyone was running off the beach and screaming well she was just sitting and just staring at it.

Ginger Zee was a prefect oppatoend to learn more about weather

Today, Ginger Zee from NBC 5 news came to our school to give a presentation about weather.  First, and my favorite, she really grabbed our attention by telling us a story when she was a kid.  She saw a water spout in lake michigan.  Isn't that interesting?  Ginger talked about weather, how she studied in weather, and was a meteorologist and predicted weather.  She talked alot about how the clouds form, rain and how it all happens.  One thing I learned was that clouds were formed by little droplets of water from water vapor in the air.  They condense, and then they form a cloud!  I really enjoyed the presentation.   She was so cool!