Copyright (c) 2014 by E Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
E -- Blogmeister

2009-2010

by E

teacher: Mr. Edwards

Title: Shiloh - Final Chapter (03/04/10)
Description: Some students finished reading the book Shiloh. They decided to write an additional chapter for this book. Let them know what you think of their ending.

I can't believe Shiloh's really mine! Judd actually kept his promise! Now and then me and Judd get into a conversation, but not about the doe because any old person could be listenin. Every day Shiloh's gettin a little better. Dad don't understand why he wanted Judd to keep Shiloh.

Becky's sick and Shiloh keeps on licking her face. Ma's been makin real yummy food since Shiloh came, and I actually am delivering the newspaper and I get 5 dollars a day.

Me and David are always up in the hill with Shiloh. Life is real good now.

Somtimes I wonder what I would be doin right that second if we didn't own Shiloh. Schools startin next week and me and David are really excited!

Judd's coming over for dinner tonight because Ma and Pa invited him to join us for bacon and pancakes, were havin breakfast for dinner! "Whooeee!' I say I had just tasted Ma's bacon and it's amazing, Judd does the same after he tastes it. Ma thinks she did something wrong, but we correct her it's amazing. Shiloh was so happy to get all of the left over bacon. Oh yeah Judd told me after dinner that he really named his dogs and hasn't kicked for a whole month. I think my life is a good one here out in Friendly Yall know somethin right now if you ever treat a dog horribly you come talk to me or giv dat dog to someone who will care for it. cause no dog like to be treated horribly.

4 years later, Shiloh died of bad care. It was very tragic. One day Marty went with his dad to collect cans, leaving Shiloh at home. While they were gone, Becky and Dara Lynn fed him a choco choco choco chip monster cookie for a treat. Shiloh devoured it. Then Marty got home to see the horrible sight. Shiloh was gone. "Why, how, who did this?!?!?" Becky and Dara Lynn came forward and said "What happened?" "What did you give him, what did you do to him?" Marty said. "Nothing, we just gave him some chocolate" Said the girls. "CHOCOLATE!!! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!???" No, he was being a good boy so i thought he deserved a treat." said Becky.

Then Marty ran upstairs and thought of ways to do something. Quick. Then he thought of a plan.

The next day Marty asked his parents if they could get another dog, and sure as pie, they were convinced. So they ordered a beagle, using the money that he got from Judd.

It took a week for him to arrive, and he was small, had big black eyes, floppy brown and black earsm a big round noise, and a short, stubby tail. They named him Shiloh, in memory of their old trooper, Shiloh Preston.

19 Years Later

There ain't much that really changed ever since I got me Shiloh from Judd Travers. We got a telephone in our house, so we don't have to drive all the way to Friendly to use one. A few new creations came out like the limozine or sometin' like that. Dad has retired from his job, but still likes to collect aluminum cans and bottles. Becky has achieved her Masters Degree, but she's aiming for a P.H.D.

Dara Lynn has become a pilot. Man I wish I could ride in those giant planes. As for me, I reached my career goal: I became a vet. Every once in a while I would give Shiloh a good checkup. Ma hasn't really changed over the years,

But she's been a bit more cheerful ever since we got this machine called a blender. It's really loud when it blends but Ma just dances to the noise as if it's beautiful music. Judd Travers is... well... you could not tell that he had ever been mean. Every Sunday he eats dinner with us and on holidays he even plays with Shiloh! I've slightly improved my grammer.

I know it still ain't perfect but it's better. I go out on the hill to play with Shiloh and that's what I was doing today.Me and Shiloh rolled down the hill, laughing whenever Shiloh stopped rolling because he was too dizzy. What a good time with Shiloh as I see a flashback of what I did nineteen years ago.

2 years later shiloh is good as gold and up and running. i say ''time for your morning run.''I started to walk to judds place and shiloh squirmed away. Then I caught shiloh and said ''fine we won't say hi to judd''. When I got home I smelled pancakes. Me and shiloh gobbled down are pancakes. Shiloh got the smaller one so he won't get sick. After breakfast I had to go can collecting so becky and dara lynn took care of shiloh. After can collecting I decided to say hi to judd. ''Hey judd'' I said. judd took way better care for his dogs and he doesn't hunt anymore. The next day me and shiloh went running. Shiloh ran into the town and his le got hit by a car and shiloh was bleeding bad. ''SHILOH NO=http://'' I said. We rushed to the hospital. It took surgery to make him better and he never died until he was 14 years old. They changed my name with one more name in my full name it was shiloh. The end.

I'm happy 'cause Shiloh's made it through and so have I.  I guess I opened my eyes and got a chance to see the world.  I'm 13, now, an age to grown up for me.  I guess I maybe grown up to fast.

Well, Shiloh and me tumbling through the grass on the hill, me thinking through my years with Shiloh.  Been a long time,'bought 2 years.  While I is thinking through this, Shiloh licks my face and howls.  Trying to bring me back to land, trying to get me to play.  But I know I don't want to let go, even if I have to.  I wish Shiloh would understand my way of saying "no", but he don't have a clue what I'm saying.

Now Ma's running out of the house, Becky and Dara Lynn at her heals and then there we all are, rolling like little puppies with Shiloh.  We all glancing at the drive once in a while, just to make sure Dad not missing out on fun together.  Growing dark, and Dad still not come home yet.  Ma's gotten up and walks up to the house with not a word said out of her mouth.  She don't tell us where and what she doing, but she don't need to tell us.  Becky, Dara Lynn and I all thinking the same thing, she calling around the neighborhood to see if anyone seen Dad.  While we waiting, Shiloh is trying to get us to lighten up, but there's no chance of that happening anytime soon, we all wondering what happened to Dad.  Ma's finally come out, after what has seemed like forever.  " Dad's not coming home yet, Marty,"  she sighs and her eyes fill with tears.  " I know,"  I say.  I can feel her breath's full of tears and makes me want to cry even more.  Suddenly. we seeing a car drive up our drive and then Dad's running out and we all hugging.  It was a fun day after all. 

By Emily1