Copyright (c) 2014 by E Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
E -- Blogmeister

2009-2010

by E

teacher: Mr. Edwards

Title: Jabberwocky (01/29/10)
Description: Write another story about Jabberwocky. You could write it from the Jabberwock's perspective. Or you can write about what the boys life was like. It could even be a prequel to this poem. Create your own version and additional chapter to this imaginative story. Have fun and be creative.

Our class read the poem Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll. We discussed the nonsensical nature of his writing within this poem and created visual representations of the poem. We've compiled the posters for each section of the poem and made a voicethread.

It was a swerfect day of course me being a dogyote watching my fenemy getting heaten up was funtastic I love being mean, what you think I'm the biggest meanie ever well he started it, you aant to know how, well one day I was eating cranberries and flowers my favorite foods by the way, then the Jabberwocky came and heaten me up and took away my flowers, the next day I was again to get cranberries and saw a man heating up the Jabberwocky whata funtastic sight.

Word Key

Heat hurt, beat

Funtastic fun, fantastic

Fenemie Foe, enemy

dogyote dog, coyote

Jabberwocky (from the Jabberwocky’s point of view)

I, the Jabberwocky…wait, don’t run away! Everyone is afraid of me, I can’t stand it! It’s like I’m a big, scary monster or something. (o.k., I am!) But that’s me on the outside. On the inside I’m a friendly, caring person. Now, you might wonder if I’m so friendly and stuff, than how did all of those tales about me being the worst “thing” on the planet get around? I’ll tell you exactly how those came to be around here.

It all started one day when I, the Jabb (short for Jabberwocky) was unknown to the human species. I was sitting on a big tree log drinking berark drink (berries and bark) and gnawing on some tree leaves. I was reading my book that I found in the woods, I taught myself to read and I now enjoy the stuff a lot. Over the years I’ve found 11 books, I read them quite frequently. Anyways, just as I was sitting there minding my own business, feeling at peace with the world, when at once I heard a voice, it said “Ahh… so I have come upon a beast.” I look up, there stands a man with a sword. The sword is pointed strait at me. The man comes closer and then and there tries to take a swing at my arm. I purposely let him. I fall to the ground. Now wait, my friend, don’t feel sad, I am tricking this man, you see. I do not want to hurt a helpless human but to avoid being killed myself, I must do it and for all of my life I regret it.

I lay on the ground and pretend to be hurt. Just as I suspected he comes towards me and I quick as a flash grab him. He screams, “help, help!” because he has left his sword on the ground. Listen, I say to the man, remember I don’t want to hurt you, but it looks as though I must. I, being a 10 foot tall giant, powerfully throw the man to the ground with one swing of my arm. I am afraid to look. Will this man be dead? I look, he is. I took the man’s body back to the village and left a note saying:

“This was the doings of the regretful Jabb (Jabberwocky). I say this from my heart, I am truly sorry. I did not want it to come to this.”

Despite my note, I was hated from then on. No one even gave a thought to my note. I regret that day I killed that poor man (100 years ago) and I weep almost every day at the thought of it. If I could I would forgive and forget, I really would, but no one will forgive me. I can’t explain it to you it’s too hard. But I can tell you that once a month on the second Monday of the month a man comes into the forest and tries to kill me. I can’t live to kill another person, so I take them and drop them back in the village with one broken limb as a threat. No one has ever killed the mighty, kind, caring, loving Jabb and no one ever will. And no one as ever forgiven me yet, although they will come through for me one day. I know it in my heart.

Now you know that I am a loving caring person inside.

On a droudy morning one day,

A Jabberwock srawls

Along in the fole.

He slunk along

Not knowing the thing,

The horreadful, tewful thing

That would happen.

He lat on a rone

And was almost neeping

When he vaw

A plopter.

Out of the plopter

Walloped a boy.

A menvil, thugly,

Narrow-eyed boy.

The Jabberwock banched

Its shointy teeth,

And the wattle began.

Oh, how feroody!

Oh, how crutense!

The wattle coraged

Until the Jabberwock

Finally esan.

He was vappy and praughing.

Victory was his!

The boy,

The menvil, thugly,

Narrow-eyed boy,

Said in hefeat,

"I'll do it."

"Someday."

Victory for the Jabberwock!

GLOSSARY:

In my poem, I used some portmanteau words. These are words that have been broken up and then combined with a part of another word. Here is a glossary of the words I created in my poem.

Droudy= dreary+cloudy

Srawls=slinks+crawls

Fole=forest+hole

Horreadful=horrible+dreadful

Tewful=terrible+awful

Lat=lay+sat

Rone=rock+stone

Neeping=napping+sleeping

Vaw=viewed+saw

Plopter=plane+helicopter

Walloped=walked+galloped

Menvil=menacing+evil

Thugly=thin+ugly

Banched= barred+clenched

Shointy=sharp+pointy

Wattle=war+battle

Feroody=ferocious+bloody

Crutense=cruel+intense

Coraged=continued+rage

Esan=escaped+ran

Vappy=victorious+happy

Praughing=proud+laughing

Hefeat=helpless+defeat

Jabber Jabber sweet creatures  

they are flower eating cuttures 

but they are not they are called misunderstood 

but they are called 

JABBERWOCKYS    

There was a boy going to look for the jabberwocky in the forest. He got scared. When he found the Jabberwocky had Flaming eyes, The boy took out his sword and ended the creature's life.

I am the son of the jabberwocky that just got killed by the son of the best hunter in all of wonderland. So right now I am staying with my Aunt and Uncle Jabbermouth. Like their last name says they are very big jabbermouths. They are always jabbering how dute my sister is and how disheveled and repuldive I am. But anyway they

still love me. I went outside to gather flower food for dinner when I saw a little boy galumphing toward me probably thinking that he can take me home and keep me as a pet. Now he was saying "hi" and he stopped right in front of me. He had heard of the Jabberwock that got killed and asked if that was my dad. I was surprised that he had asked that so I told him the whole story. My dad went out to find a human that might have some medicine for very high fevers because my mom had a 100 degree temprature. BIZ BAM BOOM! my dad was cut into three pieces. My mom died from the fever and I didn't have a dad anymore so i had to live with my uncle and aunt. I guess he felt bad for me because he said he was sorry for me. We came to be best friends and he told the whole town how our species were very nice. We all became friends with both of our kinds and we all lived happily ever after.

DUTE:dainty and cute

GALUMPH:Galloped Triumphantly

It was super early in the day,

for that he has really gone astray,

for the Jabberwock is the big he,

and he really had to go and see,

but instead of going to the clubhouse,

he stepped right onto the old witch's mouse!

"How dare you walk straight into thee!

For I'm the witch, I'll never flee!"

And for the old witch had cursed him well,

he went outside but could not tell,

because of course he could not talk,

but now he was the Jabberwock.

Tocky

Once there was a forest. The forest that had a lot of strange animals. the wurst was the tocky. once there was a man named jimmy that went in the forest. he brong a sword for his safety. he was looking for some tum tums. so he went, then he herd a loud row. it was the tocky. then the tocky ran to try to eat him insted jimmy sabed tocky then he got a tum tum and went home happily.

Mr.Jabberwocky, Mr.Jabberwocky,

Why do you smiff the flowance,

Because the look so good to eat,

I thought you were mean,

Never before has someone seen me smiffing the great flowance,

And no one will ever again see me,

So run home giys and never again come back!

Word Key

1.smiff=smell and sniff

2.flowance=flower and plant

3.giys=girl and boy

There once was a Jabberwocky. the first one died and now there is a strave hig sqeedy. The dad went to kilwack the second jabberwocky and omost kilwacked him but the jabberwocky ran away. So the got his son and they found the jabberwocky and kilwacked the jabberwocky and when they got back to the villown they became the kince.

strave=brave and strong

hig=big huge

sqeedy=speedy and quite

villown=town and village

kince=king and prince

kilwacked=kill and whacked

The Weal Wocky is funtastic.

He is suzzy and hig,

Swerfect and dute.

His brothy, the Jabberwock,

Mean and mad,

Gave him a treatment just to make him bad,

But did that stop the Weal Wocky?

NO!

GLOSSARY                  Funtastic=  Fun+ fantastic

Suzzy= Soft+ fuzzy

Hig= Huge+ big

Swerfect= Sweet+ perfect

Dute= Dainty+ Cute