Copyright (c) 2014 by N Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
N -- Blogmeister

2009-2010

by N

teacher: Mr. Edwards

Title: The Witches...Double Bubble (11/20/09)
Description: We just watched the movie of The Witches. What was similar between the book and the movie? What did you like about the book, compared to the movie? Share you thoughts.

We read the book the Witches and we watched the movie. They are similar in many ways but they have many differences like the boy was the boy in the book and Luke in the movie. But they were similar because the grandma smokes a cigar in both but a lot more in the book. I thought that they were both really good but I would recomend to read the book first because you can picture the story in your own mind and then you can see how it looks in the movie. It doesn't really matter but thats how I did it and I thought it was more interesting.

The book is very different than the movie The Witches. In the book the witches would always wear pointy shoes to cover their square toes. In the movie the Witches would wear flat front shoes. Also in the Book the boy gets caught and something happens... in the book he tries to run away. One last thing that's different, in the book, the Grandma gets some sickness... BUT in the movie she got diabetes. Here are some things that are the same: In the movie the grandma has a missing thumb and also in the movie. In both (movie and book) a certain TYPE of witch is very ugly. There are lots of other differences an same things but you'll just have to read the book AND watch the movie to find out...

Today we watched The Witches, and there was lots of simaler and different stuff. Some simaler stuff was in both the book and movie Luke's pet mice were both named William and Mary, and the boys parents die in a car crash. Also, there were some differences like that in the book the boys doesn't have a name, but in the movie his name is Luke, and in the book they were forced to move, while in the movie, they moved because the boys parents died, and they couldn't pay the rent. I liked both of them, but I first reccomend you read the book first because even know they are different, the book usually has a little more detail.

Today we watch a movie called the witches.Close to the end all the witches turn into mouse and could not talk to anyone. In the beggin Bruno Jenkins got turn into a mouse that can talk to everyone he mostly saw. There was a mom in the movie and there was no mom in the book. The Grand high witch had the vitamin 86 that can chance kids into a mouse.

Article posted November 21, 2009 at 12:12 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 69

The witches movie and the book was awesome! There was some differences and simalarities. There was also some funny parts and sad parts. This part is different from the book. The boy that was in the movie had a name which was Luke and the boy in the book was anonymous. The whole time I was reading the book I was thinking "what is the boys name?" Then I finished the book with that question still wondering what his name was. This part was sad, a difference and a simalaritie. The parents were going out to dinner and left Luke with his Grandma. The parents got into a car accident and died. The police came and found the parents they took the mother's shawl and waited until the morning. In the morning the police took the shawl to Luke's house early in the morning and showed his grandma. In the book the parents were picking up the boy's uncle and aunt because their car broke down. The parents missed the uncle and aunt and fell in a big ditch and died. That was all the sad simalarites, differences and sad parts. This is the funny part In the movie and book the Wiches turn Luke into a mouse. The mouse/luke ran into the kitchen and ran up a cooks pants. The cook noticed and he shouts "there's something in my pants!" someone sugests to take off his pants so he does. He said it went up his underwear and he said that so he takes down his nickers. I don't want to get into details so if you want to see what happens next you have to get the movie and the book.

In class, we read the book, The Witches. The story is about witches that turn children into mice because they hate kids. Turning children into mice took exactly 26 seconds and when you turn into a mouse it is painful because you shrink, grow fur and grow a tail. Wutches have other evil things they do to children like trapping them in paintings. Luckily, one of the witches didn't hate kids, and she saved one of them by turning him into a human again! When a witch saves a child she turns into a human.

We also watched the movie so we could compare them. One difference between the book and the movie was in the end of the book, the boy didn't turn back into a human but in the movie, he did. Another difference was that in the book the grandma had pneumonia and in the movie she had diabetes.

It's a good story if you like adventure. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being "I hated it" and 10 being "I loved it") I would rate it a 9 because there were some parts that were too gross for me, but most of it I LOVED!

The movie witches was a lot a like. Some of them would be like tey went to ingland,the gramma smoked a sigar in both movies and the book. there are many more similarities but you will haft to watch the movie. IT IS A GOOD MOVIE=http://=http://=http://=http://!!

I liked both the movie and the book. They were very different but also very alike. In the book they call the boy just the boy and in the movie his name is Luke. And the grandma is called grandmama in the book and just grandma in the movie. In the end of the movie luke turned back in to a human. They both had bruno jenkins an the grandmama smoked cigars in both. also in the book and the movie the parents die in a car crash. there were things that were different and the same but I liked them both a lot.

The similarities between the movie and the book are that the parents die, the grandma gets sick, and finally, the grandma smokes cigars. The movie was different because the boy has a name, and the ending is happy because the boy turns into a human again. The book is different because the boy had no name, and in the beginning it had one extra story about witches. I think the movie was better because it had a happy ending. But I still liked both of the stories.

I liked the witches book and the movie. I have to say that the movie was better to me. they are a little different at parts. Like the boys name was luke in the movie and in the book he did not have a name. In the book the boy got to become a mouse at first in the book and in the movie the boy got out and then got caught. the grandma in the book was just sick and in the movie the grandma had diabetes instead.

Today we watched the Witches there were a lot of similes and different stuff. they had dog

Witches the movie I think was a little bit better than the book. There was some of the same things and some of the things where diffrent. The diffrent things where in the book the boy's name was the boy and in the movie his name was Luke. In the book the boy never turned back into a boy. In the movie the boy did turn back into a boy and in the book the witches wore pointy shoes and in the movie they wore flat shoes. Some of the same things were that there was a grand high witch, there was witchs, all of the witches had wigs, they all hand square feet with no toes. I love the story witches!

Today, we watched The Witches by Roald Dahl. It is a very cool. My favorite part was the part when the witch that retired... Oops!! I shouldn't tell you! You will have to see the movie to find out what my favorite part was! We did a Double Bubble Map while we were watching it. One difference was that in the book, the little boy didn't go to see his grandmother and meet the Grand High Witch in his room.  I like that some movies and books are different, because if it were the same,  It would not be as fun.  This was great!