Copyright (c) 2014 by E Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
E -- Blogmeister

2009-2010

by E

teacher: Mr. Edwards

4th grade was the best year ever so get ready for the best ride of your life, between reading a book and watching the movie and going to the Museum of Science and Industry.

One thing we did in 4th grade was read the book The Witches, actually Mr. Edwards read it. As he read we were allowed to draw the pictures we saw in our minds. Not only that but after we were done reading The Witches we got to watch the movie It was cool to see the differences between the book and the movie. Another very fun thing we did was go to the Museum of Science and Industry. First we went to make Simple Machines which was what we were talking about. Next we went to the Idea Factory where there was this one thing that you put a plastic ball up a tube and the air would move the ball to this cool little pirate ship. After that we got to go explore anything we wanted to. I went and saw this really cool tsunami if you wanted to make it big wave you would make the wave big on this computer and then there was a really big wave. Last we went to see baby chicks, some were just hatching and others were running around like crazy, they were so cute.

To me 4th grade is the best grade to be in and I wish I could be in it again! 

The picture I chose is picture number 3. This lever is a simple machine.  These students found out that when you put the fulcrum which is the point where it holds the lever in place. To use the lever the fulcrum has to be closer to the weight that you want to lift up, not the person trying to lift the weight, because it is harder to lift something if the fulcrum is closer to you.

I think this is a picture trying to tell me that the boats are like the countries. In the picture the boats Europe and Asia are sinking and the boat with uncle Sam is still floating.  This is because the other countries are failing with  food, economy and money and America is the new place to settle. The people on the boat seem grumpy because of the way their land is and don't know how good america will be for them.

We went to a website and had to read about five different people and I chose the upper class girl. She has a great life let me tell you about it. she lived in a two story house with a yard, had a private tutor , a bicycle,roller skates and a tennis court, last she didn't have any chores she had people who did them for her.  She also lived in Lake Forest, Illinois which is really close to where I live now. That is why I would choose to do the upper class girl!!

Article posted April 9, 2010 at 04:41 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 78

A is the color of blue tears running down the side of my face.

E is green like a leaf or parsley in your chicken soup.

I is like a juicy orange or a cheetah running through the jungle.

O is like the yellow of the sun or the color of peace.

U is red like a rose or as red as a ruby.

Over Spring Break I celebrated Passover Passover is a holiday that Jewish people celebrate. We had a Seder which is when you have a dinner with lots of different foods. My grandma and her friend came and had the Seder with everyone in my

During the Seder we read from a book called the hagadah. In the book we read the four questions. Becca my sister and I read the four questions because the youngest are supposed to read them.

Eliza is a "person" who comes to your house during the Seder. You put out a cup of wine for her and she drinks it. My mom filled the cup up all the way and later it was only halfway full. Though the only reason she can drink the wine is because we left the door open for her to come. Last my dad hid the matzah so we could find it. It's a tradition to do. My brother found it first then I found it last my sister did. We each got five dollars. Normally we get two dollar bills but since my uncle wasn't there we got five dollar bills.

That is some of the things I did over Spring Break

Right now I will be your master and get in your head and persuade you to listen to what I say but if I say to forget something you better do it. You say I am invading your private little heads mind well I'm not I just want you to read this story. Submit this into your mind and think deep about everything, now clear your whole mind. Yes clear it completely. Now you must decide something that you would have know two seconds ago if you didn't clear your mind when I asked. Would you like to hear what you have to decide well when you cleared your mind I did the same because if I don't then... So I don't know what you have to decide. guess what I am now I'm your fortune teller and lets see what happens ooooooo you will collide right into someone and you head will divide in half. Then when you die your bones will erode into the street. Many people will emit you when you play basketball because you are a ball hog.I come to an conclusion with my story and heads up boing sorry I didn't mean put your head up I meant watch out.

This story was about Aliki Graft and what she loves to do which is art.  She draws Phineas and Ferb for Disney Channel.  People who help her draw is her grandpa, because he got her into loving drawing, also the person who draws Phineas and Ferb with her because he keeps her coming up with ideas.  hersef because she is the one pushing herself so she can reach her goals.  I learned that she makes up some of the songs in Phineas and Ferb which is really neat.  She used to work for Nickalodean before she came to Disney Channel.  She draws most of the cartoons in Phineas and Ferb. She also went and studied art at USC.  I think it's important that she followed her dream because when you love something you should keep at it.  Art shows importance to her life because she loves to do it and she has done it her whole life.  I want to know what she did in her past I want to do what she does.  Maybe I will go to the collage that she went to so it would be good to know somebody went their. 

The main idea was that just because your dad is famous doesn't mean you can't be a normal family. I found this because it said they love to take their dog Bo [their dog] on walks as a family.  It also said that they go sledding outside with their mom.  I think the author wrote this because they tell all the people who think that they just rome around their house, that they don't.  They have fun and do what a normal family out in the middle of Wisconsin might do.

Stealing Home A Story of Jackie Robinson is about an African American boy who was never treated with any respect not even when he was playing sports [ he was really good at sports] because he was a different color than white.  When Jackie starts to play baseball in the black leagues a guy named Branch Rickey wanted some good p;ayers for the Dodgers team and he didn't care what color they were.  He got Jackie Robinson as a good ball player so he told  some of his players to go and watch.  When they tell Mr. Rickey he calls up Jackie and has a meeting with him.  When Jackie says he will join, well a black playing in the white major leagues is pretty amazing.  Jackie could change life history forever.

Reading this book made me feel sad sometimes because I know that if I were black at that time I wouldn't want to be treated that way if you were white back then think about how you would like it if you were being treated how they were.  I was happy when jackie was playing sports because he was good at them it made me like he was the superhero because he did what he was good at.  Also when he excepted to play for the Dodgers because he was going to help move the country forward to how it is today.  I would give this book 10 out of 10 stars because it was really fun to learn about past history and how just one brave colored person could be so intelligent at that time to know that just because you're black doesn't mean you can't do anything whites can't