Copyright (c) 2014 by E Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
E -- Blogmeister

2009-2010

by E

teacher: Mr. Edwards

Title: Uncle Sam's Boat in Trouble (04/21/10)
Description: Look at the picture."Uncle Sam's Boat in Danger": From The Wasp: v. 6, Jan. - June 1881. What is going on in this picture? ? What is the purpose of this picture? Is it pro-immigration or anti-immigration? Please share your thoughts.

I think this is a picture trying to tell me that the boats are like the countries. In the picture the boats Europe and Asia are sinking and the boat with uncle Sam is still floating.  This is because the other countries are failing with  food, economy and money and America is the new place to settle. The people on the boat seem grumpy because of the way their land is and don't know how good america will be for them.

Article posted April 23, 2010 at 08:41 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 36

This picture looked like a bunch of people were trying to escape their countries "boats" because they were in trouble. They wanted to come to America's "boat" because they thought America had better opportunities for them. They came from Asia and Europe and they were all trying to come to America to escape many things such as: famines, war, poverty and more. But whatever their situation was, they all wanted to come to America.

I think the comic from Uncle Sam's Boat In Danger, is pro-immigration because it looks like every other boat was trying to get to America but were overcame. The only boat to make it to America was the U.S. Life boat.

There is anti immagratoin feelings about coming to America because some some people look mad. Maybe they did not want to leave their family or friends behind in the old country that they came from. Some look like pro immargratoin because they might like America because they are happy. They did not like their old country because they wanted to try new food for a diffrent county. America is in danger because there are people coming from different county. The people in the water was trying to get to uncle sam boat because their boats are broke or got in a crash.

To me this picture looks like the people are all crowed in and not very comfortable. The boat is very crowded and people are begging to escape. The people can barley move, the picture is trying to tell you what the people were feeling and it told me right away exactly how the people were feeling. They felt sad and scared and worried. Every single one of them. It puts me in their shoes and makes me feel exactly how i think they feel. It makes me feel sick, sea sick and worried. That picture doesn't make me feel good at all. I think this picture is representing that america is all in one boat. I think its kinda like showing a whole country in one boat. That is what I think of when I see this picture.

I think what was going on in there was there were some citizens and then there boat probably hit something and then they had to fleet to smaller boats because the big boat probably sunk.

I think the picture is about a giant (who is Uncle Sam) and how he is helping people that where on a big boat like the Titanic. I also think the big boat like the Titanic has the same story as the Titanic except with the giant Uncle Sam. The boat looks very crouded and very, very uncomfortable.

Uncle Sam boat is in trouble it has holes in it and the sea is really rough and he has so many people in the one boat so it will probity snap in have. It is pro immigration because they are letting them into America.

I think this picture is about how America is suffering from immigrants coming from around the world. In this picture, I can see the boats coming from all the other countries and they are all sinking. Everyone was trying to reach the lifeboat that all the Americams were on. I think it is a cool comic.