Copyright (c) 2014 by Rye 7th Team Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Rye 7th Team -- Blogmeister

Rye JH - 7th Grade Team-

7th Grade Team

Discover what's happening in the 7th grade classes at Rye Jr. High (A Middle School) in Rye, NH, US.

by Rye 7th Team

Rye Jr. High School
Ms. Adams' Science Blog
RJH 7th Team Web Page

Joe Food came to our school to tell us, the 7th grade the hazards of drugs an d alcohol. From being a user of those materials himself for about 28 years, he has come it to tell the our 7th grade the lessons he has learned. And that what could happen to kids who use drugs at a young age. For example, a girl's boy-friend had died from alcohol poisoning. Alcohol poisoning is when your liver gets too much alcohol in it, and poisons it. They were at a party and hadn't had any alcoholic drink because they were too young. Then the girl decided to leave because it was getting late. But he stayed, and played games that had the player either drink some beer/wine or do something else. He died after he got home.

Joe also taught us what smoking does to you. And how drugs get you addicted. He told us to ask our parents about the drinking and smoking background of our family because there is a better chance of you to become an alcoholic if there were people in your family who were. I remember him telling us that we had the choice to try it, and it was up to us. This call was interesting and helpful for the future.

Article posted December 22, 2009 at 01:02 PM • comment (1) • Reads 45 • see all articles

Current Class
Past Class

--- Moon Phase Badge___

CURRENT MOON
-- EarthCast 2014 badge3042c1a2778dc5c7e5401bf2732221ecff2da72d Earthcast11 Badge ----