Copyright (c) 2014 by Mariah-H Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mariah-H -- Blogmeister

My Last Class

WWW.SMITHBLOGGERS.ORG

See educational technology links and videos on the Classroom Web and on multiple Wiki pages. This blog is no lobger being used by kids because Mr. Smith has moved to higher education - Western Illinois University. Please browse through the articles here to see how many different ways that kids can learn with blogging around the world. Oh, for rock and roll fans, here is a vdeo from our annual Winter Air Guitar Party AIR Guitar Link

Kidlink Landmark 2014 Games - The Project starts again in February. Last year we had so many participants that we had to create Group A and group B in the primary Games. We still had only one section in the Challenge Group (older students). Let's see what happens this coming year in the 2014 Games!

by Mariah-H

teacher: Terry Smith

Dear Nazziwa Anet, 5/18/10

Hi my name is Mariah Hopewell,and I am going to tell you some stuff about me. We put our first name first and our last name last but I know you do your last name first,and your first name last.My favorite book is Frogs!I have a white cat with blue eyes named milkshake she is 2 years old going on 3 years old.

My school is called Eugene Field Elenmentary.school.We have a principal named Vicki Dudding. Last Friday we went on a hike called Fall Creek Hike. We saw 3 snakes,5 frogs,a Lizzard,and a dead chicken plus a baby snapping Turtle.My favorite movie is Alvin and the chipmunks the sequel.

I was going to see if you could write to me in the summer.Mr.Smith is giving your teacher our address so if you want to write to us you can. Have you heard of Quest Atlantis it is a web site we go on.Last Monday we had a visitor from England.His name was Mr.Humble he went on the hike with us because he was doing a project called the woodland project.We had two weeks of learning about trees and leaves. Last week our vocabulary was about trees and I got a 100% on that my test.

This summer I am going to go up to New York to see my dad. I will be back in a month .We will probably go fishing with my dad and sit on a bus with him because he drives a school bus.What are you doing for summer. If you want to know what our blog is called then here it is WWW.SmithClass.org and we got the woodland project there too!!

Your friend, Mariah Hopewell

Yesterday my sister Brianna, my friend Abbie,and me all went on a little hike and explored it it has a bike trail and a creek. It looks like fall creek hike but more path ways are there then in fall creek hike and more steep hills.We found a stick that looked like a horses huff on the end of the stick so we picked it up and looked at it so we thought it was cursed so we throw it in the creek and then we had to climb a GIGANTIC,STEEP,MUDDY HILL=http://!!!and we had to climb it.We would slide and fall when one would fall we would help each other up so we could get up there and explore and so it would'nt take all day to get up the hill. Once we got up the hill we had to go back down and we slid down it because if we did'nt then we would of fell anyways so we slid and got the back of our back ends all muddy. It was fun but we got in trouble well only me and my sister.Bye

Today we made a city called Cloning town. It has some street lights,a cloning center, a school, a food store, a High way, and a main street. I did the school as you can see it's down there that picture right there. The people that are in my group are Shelton who Built the cloning center. There is Marissa and she built the food center. Then there is Tyler and he built the playground.Then there is ME I built the school. We also have a brige going across the food store . Those yellow things look like marker tops are the street lights to our city Shelton made them with wooden blocks and them yellow things. So I hope you liked this blogg BYE.

Hello this is Mariah and this is my pet cat. She is the sweetest cat in the whole world. PLAY WITH HER PLEASE?

James and the Giant Peach teaches us to be nice to others because if you don't someone will get hurt. At the beginning of the story Aunt Sponge and Aunt Spiker yelled at James for no reason. These are examples of not nice behavior. One example is when the Centipede kept calling the bugs and the cloud men names. Another one was when the Centipede called James a Donkey=http:// After they were all on the peach the Centipede and the Earth Worm were not nice to the rest of the bugs.The bugs that were nice are Lady bug, Old Green Grasshopper, Miss Spider, Silk Worm, and the Glow Worm.James sets a good example for the bugs by not calling them names unlike Centipede. The reason that James is so nice to the bugs because they are his only friends.

Friday the 29th we went on a field trip to Clarksville to see some Bald Eagle's down by the river.We saw some fishing on mini ice bergs on the river.They had telescopes so you could see the Eagle's in there nest in the trees .The thing that I liked was the Golden Eagle .The Golden Eagle's name is Mariah and the Bald Eagle's name is Liberty.We saw like 30 Eagle's out there!The largest nest was 9ft across and 2oft deep!Well BYE!!!!

I wrote this story with Shelton for the news paper.We are going to tell you about a boy named Melvin who was raised by librarians. The name of the book is "The Boy who was Raised by Librarians. The author is Carla Morris. The kid character is Melvin and the adult characters are Bettey, Leola, and Marge. It started out when Melvin was reading. He graduted from college in the end of the book. He got to work at his favorite place which is the library. What caught my eye was when he became a librarian. We would rate it a 10 because it had good details and good pictures. The art work is always down low because the kid is small. The librarians were nice to him in the book because he came to the library everyday when he walked home he would stop by the library.

Yesterday we went to second floor into an airbag cave. There was a big airbag cave in the little class room . It looked so awesome in the airbag . It stood up from a motor . It was tall enough that you could stand up inside it . When I first saw the big black airbag I thought it was a jumping thing . The airbag looked like a teepe inside the cave . It felt cold and awesome . Mr.Smith told other kids that were talking to quite down so he could hear the people that were talking for the video . The funny stars of the videos are Kaitlyn and Katrell,the spooky stars are Billy and Aaron . I would add things hanging from down so you could find your way through it . I would add more scary stuff like a opossum and a spider . I would make it crazy by having lights that looked hypnotized .

Article posted October 30, 2009 at 08:16 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 249

Today we had two video conference's . The first video conference we talked to MRS.Tarasevich in Russia . We saw a video on the computer that said some people in Russia go ice swimming,sledding,they ski and more . The second conference we talked to Mr.Greenberg's class in Connecticut .We told them monster jokes and they told us monster jokes .One man did a challenge on Chinese words . We asked them question.

THE END!

Article posted October 16, 2009 at 04:36 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 71

Today we got a camera to send to Uganda so they can take a picture of there monster project and if we want to see what it looks like up in Uganda . The camera is light blue and sliver . I think they will like their new camera .