Hello and welcome to Mrs. Ripley's Smarties Class Blog! I'm super excited to begin blogging in the classroom! This is part of your writing grade. Blogging with help develop your writing and explore your interests by sharing your writing with a real audience. Students will be using personal Webblogs to post their writing to the Internet.
A Weblog, or blog for short, is a special type of Web page that can be created. Each new entry has its own date stamp. Each entry has a comments section where visitors to the blog may leave comments for the author.
Security This blogging project is designed to be safe. The only personally identifying information included in the blog will be your first name. There will be no mention of our school name or our location. Students are allowed to post their interests and opinions, but not email address, phone numbers, or home address.
1. Students using blogs are expected to act safely by keeping personal information out of their posts.
2. Students using blogs agree to not share their usernames or password with anyone besides their teachers and parents. You agree to never log in as another student.
3. Students using blogs are expected to treat blog-spaces as classroom spaces. Speech that is inappropriate for class is not appropriate for your blog. While we encourage you to engage in debate and conversation with other bloggers, we also expect that your will conduct yourself as a professional student. This is not a myspace page. Students must use propper grammar and spelling...no OMG's!
4. Student blogs are for sharing student writing with real audiences. All visitors to your blog will leave comments that are respectful. If by chance a comment makes you feel uncomfortable or not respected, tell your teacher right away. Do not respond to the comment.
5. Students using blogs take good care of the computers. Students will stay on task and not click on ads or games.
*Students who do not abide by these terms and conditions may lose their opportunity to take part in this project.