-

We are a class of 24 yr5 students. We enjoy learning and strive to do our best in everything we do. We have a great Teacher and class so read our Blog!

by teacher: Clayton Lund
Accumalitive Poem 11/04/10
Lucy’s Crazy Adventure 11/04/10
Germany Powerpoint 09/29/10
Mask 09/29/10
Sun 09/21/10
Taniwha 09/21/10
Maui 09/21/10
Germany! 08/25/10
Hug More Trees! 08/25/10
My OWN magical land! 05/28/10
Emotion Poem 06/15/09

Ginger Cat

Ginger, striped Cat

Ginger, striped, happy Cat

Ginger, striped, happy, blue – eyed Cat

Ginger, striped, happy, blue – eyed, bright Cat

“Lucy go feed your hamster” Mum bellowed from the front porch, as she slowly raised her head from her veggie garden magazine. “Isn’t David supposed to be feeding Chomper?” Lucy replied. “David is walking Mrs Honey’s puppy, buddy”. Mum said, not even taking one single peek up from her magazine. “It’s only because he likes Samantha, Mrs Honey’s daughter” said Lucy.

Lucy’s mum, Lucy’s dad, David and Lucy lived in a cosy cottage near a waterfall. It had four windows, two doors and seven bedrooms. It had a small door and a key hanging from a nail above the door. Lucy got a dusty old chair and piled some phone books on top of the chair. She flicked the key off the nail and put the key through the lock.....

..... Lucy must have been dreaming.... she was in a whole other dimension! She was shocked! She went into a corner shop that was called “Dark river of Sweetness”. She took a few quiet steps into the shop and took a look around. It had a golden wall with small, miniature doors mounted into the shimmering wall. She opened one door and pulled out a little trinket. It was a little caramel toffee wrapped in blue paper with white polkadots. Well, at least thats what Lucy thought. It was actually an orange spirit named Layla! She bought the toffee and carefully popped it in her mouth.

She had fainted! right in a grassy meadow with bright buttercups growing swiftly in the meadow. When she woke up she found herself in an old creaky warehouse! She got up and took a look around. There was a grave in the middle of the warehouse. Lucy slowly crept downstairs and dug up the grave and found...................

By Manaia

Article posted September 29, 2010 at 10:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

Article posted September 29, 2010 at 08:16 AM GMT • comment • Reads 32

Have you ever heard the story of Maui and the goddess of fire? Well, here it is! One cold winter’s night some flaming red embers crackled in front of Maui and the villagers who were sleeping. Maui decided to put out the fires with a calabash of water. When the villagers awoke they were shocked to see that the fire was out. “How did the fire go out?” Maui stepped in front of the crowd. “It was I who put out the fire”. Maui’s mother was furious at Maui so she sent him to his grandma “Mahuika”/ She asked him “was he from the west?” he replied “no grandmother” “from the south?” “no”. “Do you come from where the wind blows from?” “Yes, it is I Maui- tiki- tiki-a-taranga” “What do you want?” “I would like one of your firefingers.” “Yes Maui you may have one of my fire fingers” He walked out of the underworld and saw a stream. He threw the finger in the water and the fire went out. He went back to Mahuika again and again and again and finally Mahuika got so angry she started to throw her fire at Maui and Maui turned into a bird. His wing caught the fire and he turned into a fish and landed in a stream to stop the fire. Mahuika threw the rest of her fire fingers in the trees. Maui took some of the branches back to the village and showed the people how to make fire.

Article posted August 25, 2010 at 06:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

Guten tag readers! Here are some facts about germany! Germany central and southern regions have forested hills and mountains cut through the danube,main and Rhine river valleys. In the north, the landscape flattens out to a wide plain that streches to the north sea. Between these extremes, Germany is a country of incredible variety.

Article posted August 25, 2010 at 06:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

Everyone should HUG MORE TREES once in a while!

Article posted May 28, 2010 at 07:51 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 32

If i had my own magical world named "Enchantia". I would give it this name because i really like the name. There would be a candy castle, the ballet theatre and many other places!

By Manaia

Article posted June 16, 2009 at 01:31 AM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 33

Happy is pink.

It tastes like delicious

strawberry lollypops

and smells like chocolate cake.

Happiness looks like horses

galloping in the field.

The sound of children

laughing.

Happiness makes me joyful.

By Manaia.