Copyright (c) 2014 by David Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
David -- Blogmeister

RockYou FXText

Room 04 2011

Kia Ora! Welcome to Room 4. We are a room full of gorgeouly clever 9, 10 and 11 year olds in beautiful New Zealand Aotearoa. We love learning new things and always have lots of questions. The world is our oyster!!

by David

teacher: Leanne Stewart

Technology Challenge

Yesterday year 5’s (room 5 and 6) did a technology challenge in the hall. All of the supplies was newspaper, Sellotape, siccors and string.

Firstly, we got put into groups. There was 20 groups. I was in group two. My group had Isacc, Ilsa and Brianna.

Next we were given 8 pieces of newspaper, 2 strips of Sellotape each 10 cm long and a pair of siccors. We had to make the tallest free-standing (not leaning on anything) structure. We made the second highest. I think ours was the tallest.

After that we had 10 pieces of news paper, some Sellotape (we were allowed to go back for some more) and 2 metres of string. The thing we had to make was a ball, a net and a tennis racket. Our tennis net fell over, our reackets were floply but we made 2 b alls. We then had to do both things again. We made the highest structure and when it got touched it did not fall! We made the rackets better and the balls the same but I don’t know about the net because I had to go to marimba practise. I think we did very well.

Article posted May 18, 2010 at 04:12 AM • comment • Reads 63 • see all articles