Copyright (c) 2014 by David Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
David -- Blogmeister

RockYou FXText

Room 04 2011

Kia Ora! Welcome to Room 4. We are a room full of gorgeouly clever 9, 10 and 11 year olds in beautiful New Zealand Aotearoa. We love learning new things and always have lots of questions. The world is our oyster!!

by David

teacher: Leanne Stewart

Article posted August 2, 2011 at 06:19 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 121

sorry made a mistake this is the real one=http://

Circulatory system: the blood circulation with heart, arteries and veins.

Digestive system: processing food with mouth, esophagus, stomach and intestines.

Endocrine system: communicating within the body using hormones.

Excretory system: eliminating wastes from the body

Immune system: defending against disease-causing agents.

Integumentary system: skin, hair and nails

Muscular system: moving the body with muscles.

Nervous system: collecting, transferring and processing information with brain and nerves.

Reproductive system: the mating organs.

Respiratory system: the organs used for breathing, the lungs.

Skeletal system: structural support and protection through bones.

Sensory system: Includes eyes, ears, nose, tongue, skin.

And that's 12!

Click below to do my quiz

[LINK]

This is a step-by-step chimp art; the whole class had to do one.

Here is it below =

ImageFra.me

Article posted November 20, 2010 at 07:35 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 75

Article posted November 3, 2010 at 12:16 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 64

During our inquiry on endangered animals we made a quiz using google docs. Click on the link below to take my quiz.

[LINK]

Sumatran Tiger

Sumatran tigers are a breed of Felidae (cat family). They are extremely endangered. There is only 400-500 left. They are the smallest of the wild cats.

Habitat

The Sumatran tiger originates from the Indonesian Island of Sumatra. Other tigers come from the hot steamy Central Asia, jungle grass of the Himalayas, dry, thorny forest of North West India, Siberia, Mongolia and China. The Sumatran tiger’s habitat is mountain forests, sub-mountains, dense tree areas, savannahs and rivers.

Behaviour

A tiger hunts to get food. They hunt alone. Studies have shown that 1 of 20 attempts become a successful hunt.

They way that they hunt is like this: the tiger would walk over to where its prey is or swim over to where the prey is. Once the tiger has done that they will stalk their prey. After that the tiger will pounce on the prey. Once the tiger has got the prey, they will either grab the prey and throw it to the ground killing it quickly or bit the prey’s windpipe to instantly suffocate the prey also killing it quickly.

Other behaviours are roaring, playing, clawing, sleeping and snoring.

Appearance

The Sumatran tiger has the darkest coat. Their stripes are close together and often doubled. The stripes are great as camouflage. The tiger has 5 toes on the front legs and 4 toes on the hind legs. On all of the legs there are claws. The claws are 80-100 mm long and are retractable. Its head has the Chinese mark of Wang.

Food

The tigers eat deer, antelope, wild oxen, wild pigs, elephant calves, porcupines, grass (sometimes) monkeys, elk, birds, cows, lizards, crocodiles, sheep, humans (sometimes) fish and oran-a-tangs

The effect of climate

Humans are creating climates that are killing the tigers. Global warming is making the poles melt, rising the waters that is killing all its food. Greenhouse gases are suffocating the tigers and all its food.

Classification

Kingdom: Animalia

Class: Mammalia

Family: Felidae

Order: Carnivore

Binomal name: Panthera tigris sumatrae

Species: P.tigris

Humans are killing!

Poachers are the worst threat to tigers. Poachers kill for their fur, meat and body pelts. Traders kill for the fur coat and the habitat is used for farms and buildings.

Natural Predators

The tiger has no natural predators.

Dangers in zoos

There are not many dangers. One is diseases but the diseases are fixed by vets.

Glossary

Savannah--------------------A grassy area that is very dry

Stalk---------------------------Slowly walk over to whatever you are stalking. Also means follow.

Pounce------------------------jump, leap

Wind pipe--------------------the wind pipe is in the throat. It is a vein that lets you breathe

Territory----------------------Your own area that is yours.

Suffocate---------------------choke

Poacher’s-------------------hunters

Predators---------------------Animals get killed by other animals that are predators

Disease------------------------deadly killing germ

Hind----------------------------back legs

Article posted August 11, 2010 at 12:37 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 180

During Maori food week we looked at different maori words and phrases for food. We then made a comic strip using our new maori words we learnt.

Check out my comic strip by clicking on the link below:

[LINK]

Article posted July 28, 2010 at 12:06 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 63

My Andy Warhol model

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

My Andy Warhol Print

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

Article posted July 21, 2010 at 03:35 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 74

My skeleton plot sample writing.

An old, dark Victorian hall is up for sale. No one knows, but it has a small ‘staff’ of ghosts including a tall, sharp butler and other weird, strange servants.

Sadly, the ghosts can’t leave the hall. It is very important to the servants that they like the new owners. The butler says ‘If we are going to share our hall, we should have a say on who moves in!’

A miniscule series of people visit the giant hall to see if they want to buy the hall. First a family comes, but the ghost frighten them off by making weird and strange things happen. Next a Head teacher comes. The ghosts frighten him of by throwing things at him. Finally a young couple visit the big hall. The ghosts try to scare them, but the couple aren’t scared of what they do. Eventulay they make friends with each other.

The couple buy the hall and happily with the ghosts.

“I am going to tell you a spooky story. I know it’s true because I was in it. It happened 20 years ago on 13 June 1887. I have never told anyone this before. I was walking when I became lost. It began to snow."

I knew I would not survive the harsh weather of winter especially in the open, so I made my way toward a light. It was an old and torn, tall and wide house. I was given spectacular food, fabulous drinks and perfect shelter.

The owner of the house was very strange. He told me a story about something very mysterious that happened that very night, three years earlier. “The mail coach had been travelling in a snow storm, the dark, spooky horses had slipped and the mail coach toppled over the tall, deadly cliff. Two drivers and four speechless men had died,” said the owner. The strong, powerful weather seemed quite better so I decided to set off on the long, steep road. The strange owner told me that if I go now I would meet the wooden mail coach. To get there I would have to go pass the tall cliff and end up on the crossroad. I would take me an hour.

When I set off I felt strange and much stymied. I had lost track of time as the night became darker. I was very surprised as I heard the hard mail coach. The drivers nodded when I asked them if could have a lift. I hopped in the small back and even though it was pitch-black I could see three people.

I tried to talk to them but they wouldn’t talk. Finally I realised what was happening. I longed to get out but I couldn’t. I heard a bellowing sound, felt as if I was flying and I passed out like a lion who had been hit with a tranquiliser dark on a hunting trip.

I woke up in my warm cosy bed at my small comfortable home two long days later. I had been found at the cold snowdrift exactly where the horses and coach had crashed three years earlier. Nothing else was found there.