Copyright (c) 2014 by Prancing Beaver Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Prancing Beaver -- Blogmeister

Melba High School

Mustang Readers blog about books they have selected for the library from field trips to major book stores. Students also blog about character traits portrayed in YRCA books.

by Prancing Beaver

teacher: Glynda Pflieger

Title: Borders 2010 (01/20/10)
Description: Blog about the book you selected during the last field trip.

Before the field trip you will be need to complete the following:

Blog about the book you selected at Barnes and Noble relating the book or an event to one of the following character traits: empathy, self control, citizenship, appreciation & generosity, tolerance & diversity, dignity & pride, honesty & integrity, respect, responsibility

Make a positive comment on another students’ blog

High school Mustang Readers will also need to write a book review on Shelfari. After creating a Shelfari account, invite all staff members. Then follow the Shelfari Settings 3 Step Guide   

While at Borders:

·         Select your book (middle or high school appropriate)

·         Pick up a post-it-note from a staff member in the café

·         Write your name and book title on the post-it before asking a staff member to initial their approval

·         Attach approved post-it-note to your books until they are purchased using a library purchase order

·         Post-it-notes will be collected at the register

YOU are responsible for your book at all times. Please read and turn into the library before our April Mustang Reader Committee meeting!

Massie Block is meant to be an alpha but is stuck as the beta in the Ahnnabees and has to find a way to the top, with or without the Ahnnabees. At Merri-Lee Marvil’s New Year’s Eves Party will she finally get her chance or is she doomed to be the Ahnnabee’s beta for the rest of her schooling.  

Never Cry Werewolf is a story about a young girl named Shelby. Her step-mother overreacts when she sees Shelby kissing a boy and talks to her father about sending her to "brat camp" for the summer. Shelby's summer is ruined now that she has to go to that camp. At camp she meets Austin, son of a famous rock star, and she falls for him. What Shelby doesn't know is that Austin's family has a sort of disease. They turn into vampires. In order for them not to change they must take a certain medicine, but the camp counselor takes it away. Shelby and Austin go through some interesting things once at camp. I believe that this book shows responsibility. Shelby is kind of irresponsible at the beginning of the book and learns to then take full responsibility for her actions.

Article posted March 2, 2010 at 03:24 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 380

Bethany Hamilton is a girl who fights to get back on her surfboard, while keeping her spirit strong. Bethany used to compete in surf contest all over the world, until one unfaithful day.

On one Halloween morning; Bethany, Alana, Alana’s brother, and Alana’s dad all went surfing on one of Hawaii’s coast. Bethany was lying on her surfboard, her right arm was holding the nose of the board and her left arm was dangling in the water. Then all of a sudden, a shark swam towards her, taking a bite out of her board and out of her arm.

I think Bethany shows tolerance by always, always fighting to get back on the board. She also shows empathy for other people who’s accidents are and aren’t worse than hers.

By: Lucy Lou

This book portrays dignity and pride because it shows maps of his home and tells different things about the place where he lives. It shows his pride for his home town and has bits and pieces from the book series that the author has written about him. It also has bits and pieces of the characters journals and they talk about all the things that go on in their lives.

er the text of your blog here!

Article posted October 22, 2009 at 04:57 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 282

One book I have read so far this year is called the Vampire Diaries it is full of action, adventure, and romance. It is about a girl named Elena Gilbert and a mysterious boy from Florence, Italy by the name of Stefan Salvatore. If you’re a person who likes action, adventure, and romance this is a great book to read. It is a wonderful book to read around Halloween. If you like Harry Potter and the Twilight saga you’ll like these books. The first book is called the Vampire Diaries the Awakening and the Struggle and the second is the Vampire Diaries the Fury and Dark Reunion by L.J. Smith.  In the first book it talks about tolerance/ diversity because Stefan tries to resist Elena’s blood he falls in love with her and then Stefan’s older brother shows up and tries to get Elena to fall in love with him but takes she takes it with tolerance.

r blog here!

When I went to barns and nobles I got the third Vampire Diaries the Return: vol.1 Nightfall. In this book Stefan brakes up with Elena to become a human again so that he doesn’t change her.So he leaves Elena so he doesn’t change her. So he trusts his older brother Damon with the responsibility of taking care of Elena. So Elena is so depressed that she goes to find Stefan her one and only love. I want to tell you more but you’re going to have to read it yourself. The next book is the vampire dairies the return: vol.2 shadow souls not yet in the library at all. Hope you enjoy.

I think this books relates  to tolerance. The supreme Custodian is involved with the murder of the queen and instead of tolerating her he kills her.(or rather hires someone to !!!) It is a very awesome book and i encourage you to read the series along with this book=http://!!!!

I think this books relates  to tolerance. The supreme Custodian is involved with the murder of the queen and instead of tolerating her he kills her.(or rather hires someone to !!!) 

In this book the power of the secret circle has attracted Cassie’s home forced to move from sunny California to gloomy New England. In New England Cassie feels a strange kinship to a terrifying group of teens who seem to rule her school. Cassie is later drawn into the secret circle, which is a thrill of both intoxicating and deadly. When Cassie falls for the mysterious and intriguing Adam, Cassie must choose whether to resist temptation or risk dark forces to get what she wants-even if it means Cassie makes one wrong move could ultimately destroy her.

The character trait that I think this book relates to is self-control because Cassie has to make a major choice. And I think that she chose the wrong choice.

This book is the best!!!

In my book it has to do with responsibility because there is a kid, Adam, who has to rescue his dad from a secret agency that is not known to people. They are trying to take over the world with ultra reality dinosaurs.

This book in one scene shows respect. This is because a girl ,one of the main characters, is tring to get out of a house that she is imprisoned in. One day she finds a bag that is magical so you can fit in side of it. There are other people in the house that have also been imprisoned in this house. So, she shows respect for a older man to see if he wanted to leave to but he did not want to leave.

I think The Mysterious Benedict Society shows respect.  I think it shows respect because there are four kids that are really smart and are secret agents.  They have to go on a mission to find out what Mr. Benedict's evil twin brother Mr. Curtain is up to.  They have to be respectful to Mr. Curtain until the time is right. they also have to respect the adults even if they don't want to. this is a pretty exciting book so if you read it you won't be disappointing.

Thank you for reading my blog, hope you enjoy the book!

After an encounter with a mysterious woman, Cal Thompson’s life is changed forever. He had been infected with a parasite that you’re stuck with- there’s no cure. But between tracking down all of his exes and trying to find the mysterious Morgan, he has to handle keeping his secret from the woman that has somehow become infected just from being near him. Because of this parasite, being around any woman is pure torture. But having to cope with it helps him learn self-control. How? Everywhere he goes, there are woman. When he got the parasite, it wanted to spread.

I think that this book shows responsibility. When Gwilana steals Lucy, David has to find a way to save her. On top of that, he has to find a way to get Zanna back, he literally might just die. Gwilana has put an evil spell on the contract that is going to David’s publisher. Meanwhile, Liz is having a hard time with the dragons and Gretel. I chose this book because I am into dragons and have read the other 2, which are in the library. I hope you find this book interesting and hope to hear your feedback.

This book is a really good book and I think that it relates to citizenship. I think that it relates to citizenship because a girl named Jane moves when she doesn't want to so she got mad. She didn't like her new school so then she said fine I will go to school if I have to so she went and met a group of like 5 people and all of their names were Jane.But then the next day she couldn't keep her anger in and she got mad because at lunch time the only place anybody would let her sit is at the reject table with all the boys and the really mean girls. But I think that this is a really good book and I encourage all of you to read it so that you can know how people who sit alone at lunch feel.