Copyright (c) 2014 by Tamera Terndrup Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister

Express Yourself!

Welcome to Spanish I at Lakota East Freshman Campus! This site will serve to provide access to both students and their parents, the tools necessary for instruction and practice outside of the traditional classroom.

by Tamera Terndrup

Article posted October 13, 2010 at 01:22 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 455

Dear Mom and Dad,

We are having a GREAT time in Spain!!! First, we visited the capital of Spain….Yep you guessed it Madrid. In Madrid, we visited the Temple de Debod, an old Egyptian temple. Except for the traffic getting there, it was so beautiful

to see the temple reflect on the water. After visiting the Temple, I didn’t think I could see anything else as cool and relaxing. Boy was I wrong. When we got to Parque Del Retiro, we took a nice long boat ride on the Central Lake. The

scenery was so relaxing especially after the traffic in Madrid; I never wanted to leave. We then left to go to Zaragoza in Aragón. In Zaragoza, we visited a place called, La Aljafería, which was very interesting. This was the King’s palace in the 11th century, and can I just say, man was he lucky. The crown molding must have taken years to complete, that’s how

detailed it was. I was in awe just walking through it. In Zaragoza the people mainly speak Spanish. Zaragoza is a very monumental city in Spain. The next place we visited was Barcelona located in Cataluña where most people speak

Catalonian. In Barcelona, we visited Plaza de Cataluña which was like Times Square but in a more relaxed setting. I never knew Barcelona was so modern! Barcelona also has a Christmas but theirs is on January 5th. On this date they have

“Three Magi” come around and deliver presents to all the children. So, the 3 magi are like our Santa Clause. After visiting the modern Barcelona we took a tour of La Palma, also called the "green island" in The Canary Islands. We then visited Tazacorte a beautiful place with great scenery, ports and beaches. Can you guess where we spent most of our time? Yea…. the beach, it was nice to have some relaxation time and sneak in a little tan, after the long few days. . Well we are on our last few days and decided to stop in the Basque Countries: Vitoria-Gasteiz and Bilbao, in Vitoria-Gasteiz. We

visited many shops and stores and the many festivals that take place there; don’t worry I’ve got souvenirs. In Bilbao, we visited a very modern museum that was built out of glass, titanium and lime stone. It was so cool looking, with all the materials it’s made with shooting out everywhere; it’s not your typical boring old museum. Well, our week here is almost to an end and we are missing you very much! So, hasta pronto, which means see you soon in Spanish!

Love,

Mikala H. and Nick M.

Sra. Terndrup Spanish teacher and technology integration enthusiast "Working to bridge the gap between how students live and how they learn." Contact by email at:tamera.terndrup@lakotaonline.com Locations of visitors to this page