Copyright (c) 2014 by Litzy V. Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Litzy V. -- Blogmeister

Melba High School

Mustang Readers blog about books they have selected for the library from field trips to major book stores. Students also blog about character traits portrayed in YRCA books.

by Litzy V.

teacher: Glynda Pflieger

Never Cry Werewolf is a story about a young girl named Shelby. Her step-mother overreacts when she sees Shelby kissing a boy and talks to her father about sending her to "brat camp" for the summer. Shelby's summer is ruined now that she has to go to that camp. At camp she meets Austin, son of a famous rock star, and she falls for him. What Shelby doesn't know is that Austin's family has a sort of disease. They turn into vampires. In order for them not to change they must take a certain medicine, but the camp counselor takes it away. Shelby and Austin go through some interesting things once at camp. I believe that this book shows responsibility. Shelby is kind of irresponsible at the beginning of the book and learns to then take full responsibility for her actions.

Article posted October 30, 2009 at 05:40 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 82

Moonlight is a book about a young 17 year old named Kayla. Kayla has just starded her new summer job as a wilderness guide in near the same woods where her parents had died years before. There she is cought in this sort of love triangle between Lucas, the Sharpa leader, adn Mason, a student taking a hiking tip. Once on the hiking trip she discovers that both Lucas and Mason have not been HONEST to her. Lucas is really a werewolf and that Mason is some type of scientist trying to study warewolves. Kayla in a way feels betrayed that not one of them told her the truth. Then she finds out that she is also a warewolf as well as her now dead parents.

I think that honesty is one of the character traits shown in the book Moonlight. If both Mason and Lucas had been honest with Kayla from the beginning, then maybe the she wouldn't have suffered so much.