Copyright (c) 2014 by Stephanie Harris Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Stephanie Harris -- Blogmeister

Are You a Historian?-

Harris Historians

7th Grade American History & 8th Grade Louisiana History.

by Stephanie Harris

Geo Bee Challenge Game
American Institute for History
Map Puzzles
School Notes Page
Mrs. Gutsmiedl's Page
Presidents of the U.S.
National History Day
Daughters of the American Revolution

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 01:21 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 46

I think that certain Senate hearings should be televised. The United States is a democracy. We deserve to know what's going on in the government. Whatever is important to our government is important to the people also.

Anything provocative shouldn't be televised. The hearings that may spark debate and even a riot shouldn't be televised. Even if we don't know whether or not it will start a riot, if it's provocative or biased, we should just not televise it at all. Many people like to know what's going on in the government.

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 12:54 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

Newspaper Headlines:

1. Earhart Conquers the Air

2. Lady Lindy Sets New Record

3. New, Astonishing Record

4. Lady Lindy Set Out to Become First Woman to Complete Solo Transatlantic Flight

5. Lady Lindy Follows in Charles Lindbergh's Footsteps

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 01:00 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 32

10 Questions:

1. Who lived there besides the settlers?

2. What kind of tools did they use?

3. What was in each of those buildings?

4. What time period did the settlers settle in?

5. Did the settlers have to adapt in any way in order to settle there?

6. Why did the settlers settle in Jamestown?

7. Were there any enemies of the settlers?

8. Did any battles ensue between the settlers and another outsider group?

9. What did the settlers mostly eat?

10. What was their life like?

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 01:07 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 33

A person is nominated for president today by political parties. They nominate their candidate and the people vote for their new president. The nominees for the last presidential election were Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Gary Johnson, and Jill Stein.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 12:35 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 33

Map of route is on a sheet of paper.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 01:10 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

It actually doesn't matter to me if Senate hearings are aired on television. It dosen't matter to me at all if shows should be aired on television as long as it's interesting. If it's interesting, then I'll watch the show. If it isn't, it might be to someone else, so I just don't watch the show and watch something else.

I don't think there really are limits to what is aired on television. People rate things like movies and tv shows as "G", "TV G", "PG", "PG-13", and "R", but that doesn't stop teens and children from watching certain things. Most parents don't monitor what their children watch anyway. Plus, it doesn't even make any sense to rate things if people aren't going to monitor wath is being watched on television. If people don't spend time reading the rates, then why waste your time trying to make the rates.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 01:23 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 33

1) Lady Lindy: There's a New Pilot in Town!

2) Amelia Earhart (Lady Lindy): a Woman of Accomplishment.

3) Lady Lindy: This Woman Flies Solo

4) The Lovely Lady Lindy Flies High

5) Amelia Earhart: So Plane, Yet Lovely, Just Flying Solo

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 01:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 36

Now in modern day, people elect a president by having a nationwide presidential election, where the nominees give speeches, and the citizens make a vote for who they want to be president, and the nominee with the mos votes wins the competition.

The nominees for the last prsidential election was Barack Obama with the Democratic Party, and Mitt Romney was with the Republican Party.

49ers
Patriots
Pilgrims
Pioneers

I teach 7th grade GT American History and 8th grade GT Louisiana History at Paul Breaux Middle School.My hero is Thomas Jefferson. Jefferson was a jack-of-all-trades. He was a planter, a painter, a sculptor, a writer, an inventor, a thinker, an architect. He built the University of Virginia from the ground up. I would love to earn my PhD at his university or maybe teach there one day when I grow up.