Copyright (c) 2014 by Matthew D Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Matthew D -- Blogmeister

Matthew's Epic Blog-

World Time - Drag your mouse to see the time in other places. In Area 7 we like to give everything a go especially new ideas that might look difficult at first.We are using this blog to publish some of our writing, to post from home and to record some of our learning at school. We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

by Matthew D teacher: Jane Lowe
Perth City 12/12/12
Chickpeas Area 7 11/06/12
The Landmark Games 06/09/12
Area7 planting seeds 06/09/12
Area7 golf lessons 06/08/12
Two Stars And Two Wishes 06/06/12
Me in a bag 05/25/12
At The zoo 11/25/10
the carnival 09/23/10
On the holidays 07/20/10
Whales 05/04/10
My Buddies 04/27/10
Jellyfish 03/30/10
OCEAN 03/19/10
I spy 11/13/09
Our Excursion 09/18/09
our dioramas 07/24/09
Buddy Groups 05/23/09
the alien king 03/27/09
02/26/09
a sweet car 02/19/09

Article posted December 13, 2012 at 11:25 AM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 202

On 11/12/12our class went to perth city to look at old buildings and go to the perth mint. The parents took us to Bull Creek train station. We took the train to the Perth underground train station then took the red cat bus to the perth Mint. When we walked through the gates there was a statue of Arthur bailey William ford they were the first people to find gold in WA. We went into this room filled with old coins. Next to the room was a 24 carat coin that weighed 1 ton and is worth 50 million. Then there was a guy called Trent who melted some gold to show us how it works. We then started to walk to the food hall for lunch. I had a medium chicken kebab with barbecue source. Then I bought chips with coke. We started to walk back to the train station to catch the train back . We waited for a bit because there was a delay. When we got back to Bull Creek the parents took us back to school. When we got back we had to go to edudance.

Article posted November 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 76

Last term (term 3) our class planted some lentils and chickpeas. Now it's term three and the lentils and chickpeas have grown to full size. We barbecued them and now the taste like Brussels sprouts! We also got to have some chickpeas covered with curry.

This is us picking the chickpeas.

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

This is where we barbecued the chickpeas.

This is where they handed out some of the curry.

Image<br /><br />
<a href=Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Here is the curry they were handing out.

Article posted June 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 67

In term one of school area7 took part in the landmark games. It was very hard because we had to get the computer trolly for the year fours so they can research. The landmark games are were classes from all over the world find a land mark and then send of clues to the other classes and they have to read the clues and find out what yor land mark is.there is two levels to it there is advanced and primary. Our class won the primary level and came third in the advanced section but that was the first time in the advanced section.

Article posted June 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 56

Today the 7/6/12 area7 planted lentils and chickpeas. First once we got into the class Zac’s mum told some interesting facts about chickpeas and lentils from this big book that she had on her lap. It was quite a wet and cold day but luckily there was a spot where it had stopped raining. Mrs Lowe told us to line up ready to go to the school garden beds. We had a garden bed where we can plant our lentils and chickpeas. Once we arrived at the garden beds Mrs Lowe forgot her ipad so she sent Evan to go get it so she could take some pictures. First Zac’s mum mixed clay coated bacteria with most of the chickpeas. The bacteria gives the chickpeas nitrogen which makes the plant grow. The clay coating makes the bacteria stick to the plant. We left some over so we can monitor the chickpeas with the bacteria to see if the bacterium makes the chickpeas better or if it just makes it grow taller than the chickpeas without the bacteria. Zac’s mum handed the bacteria coated chickpeas to Konrad and Nigel and to the others at that side of the bed. At my side of the bed we were told to take some lentil seeds and plant them a finger deep. When we had finished planting the seeds there were seeds that had been planted yesterday but it rained last night so we had to push the seeds back in the soil. When we got back to class we said thankyou to Zac’s mum for teaching us about seeds and how they work.

Article posted June 8, 2012 at 04:27 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 65

Area7 had golf lessons on the school oval. The event took place on the 7th of February 2012.Our coach introduced himself and told us information about golf .Then he hit the ball to the other side of the oval. We were split into teams biggest to smallest. Our instructions were to line up in our teams behind the orange cones. In front of us was a yellow cone and rubber golf balls. The coach had put down some turf mats for us to hit the ball on. We took turns at hitting the ball.

It was a great experience!

Article posted June 6, 2012 at 05:41 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 67

I think I learnt more in searching with search enganes and about Land marks. [^.^]

I have learnt more in fractions. I pevously diden’t know a lot about them.

I wish that I could get better at maths because at the moment I am not very good at maths, I could use mathletics and practise my times table.

I wish I could learn more about persuasive writing, because I don’t think I can persuade someone.

I need to think of more ideas and write more.

Article posted May 25, 2012 at 04:00 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 58

We are doing Me in a bag,I was the last one doing it. Mrs Lowe told me to come up to do my presentation. I got my bag and didn't know what to say. I thought that I should start with my viverlasee (a horn).I took my science book out because I like reading and science. the third item was my sailing gloves because I like sailing. My fourth item was my DS game because I like I like DS. My last item was a solar powered car because I like solar powered cars.

Article posted November 26, 2010 at 02:57 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 59

Area 3 4 9 went to the zoo. It was a long time sitting on the bus. We went in the African savana first. We saw two zebras and a giraffe. Then we saw the turtles. Then after the African Savannah, we went in the Nocturnal House. I saw bats, frogs, spiders and snakes. At recess I ate cucumber and tomato. The slide at the playground was fast but a bit bumpy. I felt hot and sweaty, but happy because we could go home and get more water.Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Article posted September 23, 2010 at 03:56 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 70

On Thursday 9th of September it was the athletics carnival.I raced the 75 metres.I was coming 4th and then Thomas fell over so I came 3rd. Then it was recess. I had rocky road. I had my flag race,then I went in theyear 3 flag race aswell.Then it was lunch.I had take away.Then it was the relay.I came 3rd.

Article posted July 20, 2010 at 03:46 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 75

I went to Southlands Hoyts.I saw Toy Storey three.I watched Go. I went to the skatepark. I went to the Pompei Exhibition with Timmy and Lynn. I bounced on the tranpoline for most of the time. I watched my brother play hockey, He lost the game. I went to the zoo with my cousins.

Hello my name is Matthew. Welcome to my epic blog! I really like sailing and my family owns a a yacht technically its a Spirit 28. I like minecraft and macbooks. I love watching Top Gear BBC. Area7 is the best class ever and area7 has a great teacher I recomend area7 to any one in year 3.:)