On our production we have a song called High School Musical. That is the song we are dancing to. It is on the 9th of December. I can’t wait to finish it. I’ll be embarrassed. When I am embarrassed I get muddled up. I’ll be really happy when it is finished. At the start we don’t talk and stand as still as a pencil, and don’t laugh. If you are noisy, people will say “Shhh.” I try to be perfect, I mean stand still and not talk.

On Monday I have touch practice. First we played Bullrush. It was hard because the tough adults were taggers. I always got through, BUT then I got tagged. I called out “Bullrush.” Everyone ran towards me. I tagged everyone! Our team was called Lynmore Dodgers. We have lost all our touch games! I love getting tries. We have only had one try in all our games. When I pass to someone, the people touch me.

Yesterday Room 22 ran our first cross-country. I sprinted at the start. Luka passed everyone. I fell over at the end. I failed to win. I came fourth. I tried to beat Ben. I was really thirsty and exhausted all the time.

On our Camp Out Day Room 22 went for a Burma Trail. We had to be blindfolded. The blindfolds were colourful bandanas. We had to hold onto a yellow rope. It was in Waitawa Bush. The trail went up, down, over, under and around to the end. I smashed into a tree that was hard and prickly. I was Luka’s partner and I was blindfolded first. I ran it! When we got to the end I was excited because I didn’t trip over. We did it because we were trying to learn to work together. Luka is my best friend because he helped me the best way ever. He was the best partner and I trusted him all the time.

Last Friday on our Camp Out Day Room 22, Room 21, Room 19 and Room 18 went for a Kiwi Camp. Room 22 did the Low Wire Challenge. First we swung across the river. We had to be careful of the crocodiles! I got to the island on my first turn! Mrs Harington had super boots. Next we swung on vines. We needed to walk on a wire.

Article posted December 2, 2009 at 08:27 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

A grandparent is Dad’s Dad or Mum’s Mum. They are old. Some can’t walk properly. They are happy people. They are special because they are the closest to dying. A grandparent is a grown-up. They fix things that are broken. Grandparents are the oldest in the family. They are crinkly. I love my grandparents.

Article posted November 29, 2009 at 07:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

Grandy,

Grey hair,

Nice warm clothes.

I love it when

We race up the hill,

We pick plums with enormous gloves.

My Grandad is a super hero.

Article posted July 29, 2009 at 11:16 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

Eucalyptus trees have smooth skin

like a baby.

Leaves fall like a boulder rock

Falling off a cliff.

Article posted June 30, 2009 at 05:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

Last Friday Room Twenty Two performed at Community assembly because it was our turn.

Our first song was Individuality. It was fun banging the bottles on the ground. I felt embarrassed because people were staring at me. It wasn’t so long before I felt better in a jiffy. I was glad I was happy again.

Our second song was High School Musical.

I was bouncing the balls with Luka and Ben. We were on first. The best part was the tricks.

We waited for a long time. We were on again. We waved our hands. The school was clapping. I was surprised that I could do it without any mistakes.

Article posted June 20, 2009 at 12:01 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 54