Article posted March 26, 2012 at 01:07 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

Below is my reflection on my Happy Hands, Happy Feet art.

Article posted December 14, 2009 at 08:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

Being On TV.

On the 7th of September we went to the hall for a surprise. Studio 2 was in the hall. They filmed us. We sat down for a very long time. Then a mystery person walked across the path. The person was dressed in a crocodile suit, we had to guess who he was. Luka and I had our hands up, we thought it was Jay Williams. Then Matt the presenter chose someone else. They said Jay Williams too. It was right, Luka and I were right too, because that was our idea as well. In the middle of the filming I got bored because we had to clap and cheer again and again and again. Then we did a challenge called, “You’re Cracking me Up.” It was a teacher versus a student challenge. They had to eat crackers off a piece of glass, the crackers were stuck to a sticky cheese. The teacher was called Mrs Dobson and the student was called Jessica. The teacher won but Jessica won a prize, it was a PSP and some games. All the teacher won, was a cream pie in the face.

Article posted December 14, 2009 at 08:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 37

On our Kiwi camping day out Room 22, 21, 18 and 19 went to do the Low Wire Challenge. First we had a swinging rope. Mrs Harington laid sticks across the ground. In-between the sticks, was the river where lots of crocodiles live. We had to swing across to the other side. Luka’s bum got bitten off and I fell off a couple of times. Then we went to the Low Wire Challenge. One person walked across the wire and four more people were the catchers. They had to catch the person if they are about to fall. We were balancing carefully across the wire. After a while Riley, Dakin and I sat down and just watched. It was really tricky and exciting.

Article posted December 14, 2009 at 08:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

In the weekend I went for a ride in my Grandad’s logging truck. It had a safe roof because if it crashed and your head fell on the roof, it would land on a cushion. We went to Ohakune. I saw a really good view of Mount Ruapehu. The truck’s gear stick was three times the size of my car’s gear stick. It had about seven logs on it. The size of the truck was four of my Mum’s cars. I had heaps of fun with my cousins. I coloured in a giant dragon. The street we went down in the logging truck was called the Desert Road. But this time it was covered in snow because it is winter. I saw heaps and heaps of snow.

Article posted December 13, 2009 at 09:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

Our Production this year is called Stars in Their Eyes. We’re doing a dance. The song we are dancing to is, “We’re All in This Together” from High School Musical. I’m at the back of the huge triangle and the people in the triangle are in red and white.

As the show started, I felt great that Riley’s Mum took a photo of Riley, Ben and I. I felt good when I was singing. I saw this boy talking to his friend the whole time. I got stage fright in front of a huge audience. In the middle of the performance I saw my Mum. It was funny when Seth picked his nose.

Article posted December 13, 2009 at 09:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

The last activity we did was the Burma Trail. We had to be blindfolded and had a guide. We had to follow a bumpy rope. Our guide had to tell us if there was a tree, spiky branches or bristly leaves coming up. My partner was Kody. He was blindfolded first. When I was blindfolded, I felt really scared that I was going to bump into someting and I felt excited because it was my first Burma Trail. When I was the guide, I gave good instructions to Kody.

Article posted December 2, 2009 at 08:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

A grandparent is either your Mum or Dad’s Mum and Dad. Your grandparents are happy and nice to you. Some of your grandparents are a bit old but they’re always happy. Grandparents are a relative. Grandparents are special and they spoil you heaps. You should really respect your grandparents because of what they do for you.

Article posted November 29, 2009 at 08:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

Grandad,

Grey hair,

Bright brown eyes.

I love it when

We ride our bikes together.

Its fun when we colour in.

My Grandad is really strong.

He's the best.

Article posted November 24, 2009 at 10:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Yesterday Room 22 went to see an orchestra. My two favourite songs were Pirates of the Caribbean and Lord of the Rings. My favourite instruments were drums, bass guitar, trumpet, violin and the double bass. I like the drums and cymbals because I’ve always wanted one and they sound cool. I like the cymbals because they are shiny and golden and the drums are rou

Article posted November 5, 2009 at 09:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

The tree’s bark is

As hard as a turtle’s shell,

Resting in the sun.

Bark is falling like

Rain coming from the sky.

The tree feels spiky like

A hedgehog’s back,

When it rolls into a ball.