Copyright (c) 2014 by CN Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
CN -- Blogmeister

Cherokee Nation-

by CN teacher: Elise Mueller

Yesterday Wyanet was found picking cotton on a slave plantation. The pale face owners would not let us have her back, but they said they would treat her better than the other slaves if we gave them furs and meat in trade. We agreed. The scout that found her is being made chief scout and there is going to be a ceremony held in his honor tonight with a minute set aside for mourning because we did not get Wyanet back. The scout’s name is being changed to Fierce Boar for the bravery it took to talk to the pale faces.                                                                                              

~Wenoah and Tallulah

Article posted February 11, 2009 at 02:27 PM • comment • Reads 163 • see all articles

Chief Attakullaculla's daughters Wenoah, Wyanet and Tallulah are living in the Cherokee tribe during the Revolutionary War. Wenoah is 11 winters old, Tallulah is 12 and Wyanet is 13.