Copyright (c) 2014 by KGI Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KGI -- Blogmeister

King George III's Journal-

by KGI teacher: Elise Mueller

By King George III

The great and loyal government of Briton has decided to raise taxes on sugar and molasses. Colonists in America will not be allowed to purchase sugar or molasses from any other country. In return for these taxes, we swear to double our efforts to protect all of the great citizens and colonists of England.

April 5th, 1764

Today Prime Minister George Grenville has reformed the former Mollases act. Cutting the original tax of sixpence in half, but also cleverly expanding the number of taxable items. Certain wines, cloth, coffee, tropical foods and silk were just added to the list. Those stubborn colonist MUST be satisfied by now. (AL)

October 7, 1763

BY THE KING. A PROCLAMATION

GEORGE R.

We have taken this into our royal and time-consuming consideration, and have come to a final decision. We have giving away the Florida territory and Quebec, thus forming a treaty between us, France and Spain. Because of the withdrawal of land, the citizens of the US will need to stay north of Florida and east of the Appellation mountains. All new colonists will need to settle within these boundaries.

They should have known not to go at war with the Brits! King Louis is probably mourning about the outcome of the war. And I have no sympathy for the French. Well I must go there is a proclamation to write.(MK)

Aha! I knew we would win the war! I almost feel sorry for that pitiful King Louis. That will teach him to confront the unstoppable British army! (JD)

We have defeated them! Such fools, thoes hotheaded French. To think that they could ever done the same to us. The sun never sets on the British Empire. We are but invincible. (AL)

We are definitely not in agreement with the French. In fact, we are at war with them. After our turning of the tables on the French and Indians, we continue to gain territory on the French military and destroy their front lines. We have also captured most of there main forts. In conclusion, we do not agree with the French or support their decisions in their war against us, with the Indians. (JD)

I am the ruler of the loyalists and British army.(?) Great Britain and the colonies are under my rule.(AL)