Copyright (c) 2014 by Mr. Edwards Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mr. Edwards -- Blogmeister

by Mr. Edwards

Mrs. Cassidy's First grade class
Mrs. Schulman's Blog
Mrs. Decker's 2nd grade blog
Mr. Edwards' Website
Mrs. Hyde's room 16 learners - NZ
Mrs. Kenyon's The View from 3rd Grade - IL
Mrs. Bonsor 2nd grade class blog - NZ
Miss T's Classroom Blog - NZ
Mr. Scattergood's 5th grade Class - WA
Mrs. Lowes Area 11 Bloggers, Australia
Mrs. B's 5th grade - Lebanon
Mrs. B's 5th grade - Lebanon
Mrs. V and Room 21 - Otonga School, Rotorua, NZ
Mr. E's delicious tags
Mr. Sumner Year 4 - Brookburn, ManchesterUK
Spring 2011 Progressive Story
NB Moodle

Title: Books we've read (11/16/09)
Description: Here are some stories we've read. Check them out, perhaps you might enjoy them yourself.

Article posted October 2, 2009 at 07:13 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 60

I just read the book Jermey Fink and the Meaning of Life. It was a good book because,it has a big adventure for Jermey. It is almost Jermeys birthday and his dad is dead but he left Jermey this box he was going to give him when he turns 13. His dad was told he was going to die at the age 40 by this fortune teller. So anyways Jermey has to find four keys to open the box. This was a very good book because Jermey never stops thinking. Find out what happens to Jermey.

Article posted October 27, 2009 at 03:37 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 42

Babe and Me

Babe and Me is a very good book for people who like sports or not.  This book takes you on an adventure to a place only you can explain.  Once you start there is no stopping.  The kid in this book is Joe Stoshack.  His dad and him aren't really close but just see what happens in just 3 days.

Babe and Me was really good because the author has this way of taking you into the book.  I went someplace new, with just a baseball card.  Babes card is very valuable now but even more valuable to Joe Stoshack.

The Tiger Rising was another great book by Kate DiCamillo. The boy Rob in this book lives with his dad in Florida at a Motel called Kentucky Star. While Rob is walking through the woods on his way to school he saw a tiger. This tiger was pacing back and forth, locked up in a cage. Will Rob find away to set this burning bright beautiful tiger free or will he just have to live with that wonderful pacing tiger locked up in a cage.

I enjoyed reading the Tiger Rising especially because the author brought me along on the trip. If I were to rate this book on a scale from 1-10 it would be a 10 because the book was full of emotions and friendship. I think anyone would enjoy this great book that takes you through Florida's morning mist.

Best friends is about these two girls Alice and Gemma. They have been best friends since they were little girls. Alice is more of a girly girl and Gemma is more of a boy. They have the most different personalities but they are the bests' friends in the world. When Alice has to move to Scotland they have no idea how they will live without each other. They have never ever had a birthday without each other. When their birthdays are coming up they don't know what to do.

I loved reading this book because the characters were really fun, because of their complete different personalities and they are still best friends. I think I would fit in the middle of Alice and Gemma because I'm not girly but I'm not a boy I'm just about in the middle which I like because I can be different from others in a way nobody else can. For example one time Gemma had to wear a dress to a party and Gemma ended up getting it dirty. And if I were to wear a dress to an outdoor party I would probably get it dirty.

This story is about these four girls who go to Abigal Adams Junior High. Charlotte has just moved from England. Avery is from Korea and was adopted. Meave has dyslexia so she uses a computer to work. Katina makes her own clothes and has a mentally disabled sister. These girls absolutely do not like each other and are put together as a lunch group. Their teacher says that by semester they have to know their favorite things and places. Well Katina wants it to be over, because on the first day Charlotte zips the tablecloth into her pants and splatters everything on the three other girls. Katina asks the teacher if they can have a sleepover to get this done with. Their teacher says it's okay with her if her parents say so. Find out if they become best friends or stay worst enemies. I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars, because these 4 girls are so different but they have the best relationship. I know how it feels to be new like all these girls because they are starting a new school it feels scary and uncomfortable but it's always good to start something new. Charlotte is hard to relate to because her mom died and she never has a permanent home. Katina is also hard, but I know it's hard to live with people who are so good at it. Meave is really hard, but I know how Hebrew school makes everything a lot harder but she can't even write so it's got to be more challenging. Avery is easier to connect with because I absolutely love sports especially soccer like Avery, but being Karean and loving sports when you mom wants you to be girly. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did!!

Stealing Home A Story of Jackie Robinson is about an African American boy who was never treated with any respect not even when he was playing sports [ he was really good at sports] because he was a different color than white.  When Jackie starts to play baseball in the black leagues a guy named Branch Rickey wanted some good p;ayers for the Dodgers team and he didn't care what color they were.  He got Jackie Robinson as a good ball player so he told  some of his players to go and watch.  When they tell Mr. Rickey he calls up Jackie and has a meeting with him.  When Jackie says he will join, well a black playing in the white major leagues is pretty amazing.  Jackie could change life history forever.

Reading this book made me feel sad sometimes because I know that if I were black at that time I wouldn't want to be treated that way if you were white back then think about how you would like it if you were being treated how they were.  I was happy when jackie was playing sports because he was good at them it made me like he was the superhero because he did what he was good at.  Also when he excepted to play for the Dodgers because he was going to help move the country forward to how it is today.  I would give this book 10 out of 10 stars because it was really fun to learn about past history and how just one brave colored person could be so intelligent at that time to know that just because you're black doesn't mean you can't do anything whites can't

Article posted October 2, 2009 at 07:36 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 37

The City Of Ember, that was probably the best book I've ever read!

The book is about a city that is underground. The people who live in this city don't even know of the outside world, all they know of is the dying city of Ember. All people who live there believe that that Ember is the only city, nowhere else. Except Lina and Doon they are getting suspicious of an outside world, besides Ember. They are even more suspicious when Lina finds some sort of instructions the problem is that Lina's sister, Poppy, chewed them up! Now it's up to Lina and Doon to put the pieces together and save Ember, Or fail and their city will be dead for good.

I loved this book and it was so good I couldn't put it down until the last word!

The People Of Sparks. This book is AWSOME!!

The people of Sparks. They are the people that help the people of Ember when they come out from their underground city. They take in the people of Ember, all 400 of them. They feed them, house them, let them live in their town. But then the Emberties request more. They think that they aren't getting enough food. They start to protest. But when Lina runs away to find a lost city things just get worst.

The people of Sparks And Ember Start War. The Emberties get forced out and Lina's sister gets sick! Will the Emberties get forced out to build they're own town and maybe DIE! Or will they find a way to work things out and stop the war?

This book is the sequel to The City of Ember So if this book sounds interesting read The City Of Ember first or else this won't make sense.

Article posted October 29, 2009 at 03:59 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 39

The Diamond of Darkhold

(The fourth book in The City Of Ember)

The people of Ember have emerged from their underground home of dark and gloominess. They now live in Sparks. But, what happens when Doon gets an idea so crazy, so unreal, so daring, a bit heroic and even to help his own village, Sparks. His village, Sparks, is running out of food and supplies for the hard winter, so Doon's idea to go back to Ember to collect food and leftover supplies, might just come in handy. But when Lina and Doon get to the mountainside in which Ember is under and climb down there, they find out that another family went dow the mountainside and into Ember. What a shock! What's more, they capture Doon and put him in chains! While Doon is there, they show him a diamond and he is sure that it was meant for the people of Ember. Now, if only he could unlatch the chains, get the diamond and go back freely to Sparks, he could make a difference ...

I really liked this book a lot and I think you would too. It is one of the best books I've ever read and it is awesome! It is very adventurous and it always leaves you on a cliff hanger!

( before you read this book read the first, second and third book first.)

A suspected boy, A panther, A fire, An oil company, A missing teacher how do these connect, you say they don't, but do they? Let me half answer that question, I will tell you that they DO connect but however, I will only give you snippets of how. Let's start with the teacher, Mrs. Bunny Starch, she is the most hated teacher in the Trubman school. She teaches biology at the private school to in- eager students. There is one odd boy in Mrs. Starch's class. He is the suspected boy, Smoke. How is he suspected, that will come later. One day in Mrs. Starch's class a the boy named Smoke is not paying attention to Mrs. Starch's class. Mrs. Starch doesn't like that, so they get in a fight. Mrs. Starch is about to poke him with a pencil when Smoke eats it! There are two other students in Mrs. Starch's class, Nick and Marta. Their names will pop up later on. The day after the pencil eating situation there is a field trip to a place called Black Vine Swamp. The field trip DOES NOT go well. First of all, there is a fire (the fire I told you about earlier.) Well, at the field trip Mrs. Starch has to go back into the fire while the students are boarding back on the bus, to get a girl named Libby her asthma inhaler. The kids and teachers get worried when Mrs. Starch doesn't come back to the school after the field trip. She drove her own car out to Black Vine Swamp so when a fire started up, the bus drove out without Mrs. Starch onboard, everyone thought that she would drive herself out or there once she found Libby's asthma inhaler, they were wrong. Now, let's tell you about Nick and Marta. They are getting worried about Mrs. Starch themselves. They are going overboard! They sneak into Mrs. Starch's HOUSE! They look for any helpful signs that might lead to where Mrs. Starch is hiding. They don't find anything until a man named Twilly finds them he gives them some clues. Now the oil company, their name is the Red Diamond Oil Company. They are making slow progress. When they finally buy a section that they can drill in they find out that it has NO OIL! They are desperate so they drill in a section that belongs to the state of Florida so it is really illegal. All of this ties together, Somehow...

This Book is Called... Scat.

The book that I read was called Kira Kira

Kira Kira means glittering or shining in Japanese.

Kira Kira is about a girl named Katie and her older sister Lynn they are Japanese. They live in a Japanese community in Iowa. Katie and her sister are very close and love each other a lot. Then one day there Dad and their Mom decide to join their uncle (their father's brother) as they move to Georgia.

In Georgia there are only thirty one other Japanese people in the whole community. Only one of the Japanese family's own a house that is their uncle. The rest live in an apartment. When Katie and her family move to Georgia they too live in a apartment. Where lynn and her mother can only dream of the house that they want. To keep the family up and running while saving for there dream house both parent's most work overtime.

While all of this craziness is going on the mother has a baby what ELSE could change? Well, there is one more change to this story, Lynn, Katie's sister falls EXTREMELY ill so ill she is in the house almost all of the time. Now that Lynn is so sick and the parent's are working all of the time Katie has to take care of Lynn. And when Lynn dies katie has to remind the family that the future can still be Kira Kira, Glittering!

I loved the book Kira Kira and I think that you will to!

This Book, the mysterious Benedict society is the one of the BEST books that I've EVER read!

This book is about four kids, Constance,Kate, Rennie and Sticky (his real name is George.) Along with many other kids they see an add in the paper one day saying " are you a kid looking for special opportunities? All of them take the tests along with many other kids. But only the four of them, all of them orphans actually succeed the many odd tests! Together with the help of each other are sent on a very secretive mission that will test their ability to work together and how well they can take pressure and hard situations. With the four of them working together, each a crucial member of the team will they be able to save many people from what is called the emergency and by a few people the Improvement?

This book was a wonderful book full of action and surprises and I recommend that you read it too=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://!!!

So B. It. Is about a girl named Heidi and her mentally disabled mother. Heidi doesn't have a father or a normal life. Heidi and her mother live in an apartment with a connecting door that leads to their neighbors house, Bernadette's house. Bernadette has this thing that if she steps outside the door to either Heidi's apartment or her apartment something bad will happen.

Heidi has good luck, really good luck, but one thing her luck does not do is fix her mentally disabled mother. Her mother only says 23 words one of those words are SOOF. Heidi's luck doesn't know how to find out what soof means either, and Heidi wants to know BADLY. And when Heidi finds some pictures in a drawer in her house that might help Heidi find out what soof means, she immediately begins her search to find out what soof means. She must travel from Reno Nevada to a town called Liberty in New york by HERSELF. And when she gets there she finds out some things that she would have never imagined possible about her family.

I REALLY REALLY liked this book So B. It and I think that you would too!!!

I just finished a really good book called Hoot, by Carl Hiaasen. Hoot is about this boy who's name is Roy. Roy moves around a lot, and has just moved from the highlands of Montana to the lowlands of Coconut Grove, Florida. There he is very unfortunately bullied by a large kid named Dana Matherson. Being bullied we all know is not fun, and has no up sides to it. But Roy would have never noticed the running boy if Dana hadn't been in the middle of squishing Roy's face up against the bus window. Therefore, since Roy's face was smashed on the window, he sees the running boy. This boy runs fast past the bus with no shoes, no backpack and no sign of stopping for the school bus. As soon as Dana releases Roy's face, he runs off the bus hoping to catch the running boy. In the middle of doing so, Roy bumps into a soccer girl named Beatrice who is trying to get on the bus as Roy tries to get off. She tells him to watch where he is going but he is running off the bus towards the running boy. He follows him through backyards and then to a golf corse. He attempts to follow the running boy all of the way but a golf ball unexpectedly hits him in the head.

Now, on the same day, there is construction site for a mother paula's pancake house. Curly, the bald construction foreman is angrily talking to a police man named officer Delinko. Curly is angry because someone has pulled his survey stakes out of the ground. He is mad and says that this is a crime of trespassing and vandalism. He yells at officer Delinko to file a report immediately. But Officer Delinko is curious. He asks Curly if maybe this is a comeback from a pancake rival. Or maybe a prank from some kids. Officer Delinko says that he isn't sure that pulling survey stakes out of the ground is a crime, but Curly is convinced.

Back to Roy. He is getting bullied by Dana Matherson more and more. But it hardly seems to bother him because he is so curious about the running boy. He wants to know what was going on and why Beatrice didn't want him to get off the bus. But he soon finds out. He is at lunch and bumps into Beatrice. Also known as Beatrice the bear. He makes an bad mistake and pulls Beatrice over to ask her if she knows the running boy. She tells him that it's not his beeswax and walks away. Roy has some suspicions about her and that she DOES know the running boy. But with Beatrice not telling him, he decides to go back to the golf corse and find out for himself. When he gets there he goes past the golf corse the the trees and finds a camp. But no boy. He stumbles upon a brown sack and when curiosity gets the best of him, he dumps the bag on the ground. He then finds that the sack holds cottonmouth moccasins, a very poisonous type of snake. These snakes are on the ground, slithering around and Roy is very afraid. Then, a voice behind him says: On the count of three, step back. Roy does not listen so the person (whoever they might be) pulls him back. This boy does not want his identity to be revealed, so he covers Roy's head with a jacket. Roy assumes that this is the running boy.

Curly is raging with fury. More pranks have been pulled and he is NOT happy about it. Crocodiles have been put in the toilets, more survey stakes have been pulled out of the ground, snakes have been put on theground and seats have been pulled off of the bulldozers. All of these odd pranks have been done for a very good reason that unfortunately, Curly does not know. They have been pulled because of owls. Tiny little owls that live in holes underground left behind from other animals. They live where the construction is about to happen. That means that the little baby owls will be buried if the construction goes as planned. And who do you think was doing all of these pranks? The running boy. Also known as Mullet Fingers, and get this, He is Beatrice the bear's STEP BROTHER!!! When Roy finds this out, he is determined to help. But how does all of this work out? Find out if you read Hoot.

I REALLY liked this book, and I REALLY recommend that you read it too!

When Fabio and Minette, two children from England, are kidnapped by Aunts Etta, Coral and Myrtle, their lives are turned upside down. The aunts take them to a magical island and want them to help care for the creatures there. They are all having a marvelous and happy time together with the animals until enemies sail to the island. They want the island and its creatures for money. When the aunts refuse to take the deal, things could get ugly...

I recommend you read the book The Twits by Roald Dahl for readers who like action and humerous book because The Twits is about these two nasty people, Mr and Mrs. Twit. They are so mean and gross that they put hugtight sticky glue on their tree for birds to land on and get stuck! And what do they do to these birds??? They make BIRD PIE out of them=http:// Find out what happens next in the adventures of Mr and Mrs. Twit!!!

Article posted December 14, 2009 at 03:45 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 41

If you're looking for a silent book, No Talking is the one. No Talking is about these two kids, Dave Packer and Lynsey Burgess. One day they decided to try a new challenge, not talking. The rules were simple, you could not talk, but if the teacher or adult asked you a question, you could only say a three-word answer.

I recommend this book for everyone because it is VERY interesting and creative.

Frindle is about a fifth grade boy named Nick Allen, who decides to make a new word and his teacher, Mrs. Granger is not happy about it. They have a little debate or war, for which word stands. The new word frindle, or the standard word pen.

Which word wins? Do they ever make-up? How did Nick ever make up such a word? You will have to read to find out!

The book Stink was a very good book. It is about a kid named Stink and he gets into a lot of mischief. One day he goes to the candy store and sees a jawbreaker the size of his fist. His sister says he can't get it. Stink goes home hating his sister and ten comes up with a great idea. He will make his own jaw breaker. He will make it out of gum,lollypop,sour candy,sweet candy,and even little jawbreakers. I can't tell you the rest and that is why you should read it. This book is very interesting but don't try to make any of this stuff at home. You should not try this at home because your parents will ground you for life. I liked this book because he put every thing in the jawbreaker and you did not know what it was next.:)

The book I am reading is foot ball hero. I am not yet finished but it is really good. It is about a kid and he becomes a football player and his brother plays football. His brother gives him tips and one of them was always tie your shoe. One day he doesn't tie his shoe tight and he falls and chips his tooth but still plays. there is a pass that the 1st string quarterback through to him and the quarterback through him a bad pass. Then he through him a norther bad pass and he catches it in the sun blinded.

:)

Article posted October 27, 2009 at 03:45 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 41

11 year old Natalie Goode is sent off to overnight camp Lake view for 8 weeks. From the city she's not interested in going to the country.  The first week she's not happy about the camp until she meets lots of friends and even a (Boy) Friend. But when a secret she's been hiding gets in her way she may loose her friendship with them forever or maybe thy will forgive her.

Article posted December 9, 2009 at 03:55 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 38

Grace is the funniest girl in bunk 3c. she can laugh at everything. This summer grace got good electives. she got into a drama class with her only good not great friend Brynn. Everyone in her bunk has a best friend except for her. But while in drama a girl named Gabby from bunk 3a asks her to be drama partners. She thinks maybe Gabby could be her best friend at camp. Although know one can replace Emily her best friend at home. But when Gabby starts being a bully she can't just laugh it off. There's also something else she's hiding. Grace is going to have to read two books throughout the summer and pass 20 questions from it before she can go to a fun field trip there taking to wet world.

In drama she meats this guy named Devon and starts being friends with him. will she pass the test? Will she go to wet world? will she end up falling for devon? Graces twist was a great book. It was funny and good at the same time. I Can relate to grace because It's hard to pick one best friend away from School. I think you should read Graces Twist!!!

The book I read was the 39 Clues, In Too Deep(book 6). It is about a brother and sister named Amy and Dan finding 39 clues and become the most powerful people in the world. The main Characters are Amy and Dan. The main problems are the obstacles in their way. The solution is that they find the sixth clue. The setting is mainly Jakarta. The lesson I learned was that when you are in a competition, you can't trust anyone except your teammates. This was a great book!

The book I read was The Last Olympian by Rick Riordin. It is in a series named Percy Jackson and the Olympians. The book is about a boy named Percy and he is the sun of Poseiden, the Sea God, so he can control water. He tries to save Manhattan from the evil titan lord, Kronos. The main setting was Manhattan. The main character is Percy. The problem was that Manhattan was getting destroyed. The solution was that Percy saved Manhattan and destroyed Kronos. This was a great book!

Article posted December 14, 2009 at 03:49 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 37

I am going to tell you about a book I read the book is called football hero. At first a tragic thing happened to the boy his parents died in a car crash. The boys brother is in college as a wide reciever. The boy had to live with their rotten uncle and aunt. The brother went into the NFL draft he got drafted to the new york jets. Mean while his uncle is betting illegally by asking the football player the injuries for the uncles boss. The FBI said if we don't catch this guy you can forget about your football career. Will he catch the guy will the little brother live with his brother you will find out if you read this book

Shh! No talking was the book that I read. The two main characters were dave and lynsey. they are in 5th grade. They have their own nickname the unshushables. They got that name because they always talk. One day dave said girls talk way more than boys do. They agreed to a no talking contest for two days boys against girls. Here are the rules if a teacher asks you a question you can only do three words or less. If the boys lose dave has to put an l on their face same with the girls lynsey has to do it. when you are at home you have to tell the truth. I have already spoken to much. If you want to find out who wins you have to read the book.

I just read fantastic mr. fox by Roald Dahl. it was about a fox how steels three farmers chickens, cider, duck and goose. when the three farmers had enough, the started to shoot the animals. mr. fox's tail got shot off so all the animals started to dig. they met each other. they dug under the chicken farm to have a feast. they also went up the secret cider cellar. they had a big feast. now they have a little underground village. now bunce, bogies and bean are still waiting for Mr. fox to come out of his hole.

The BFG is about a girl named Sophie who gets captured by the BFG. (The Big Friendly Giant.) She thought he was going to eat her for dinner, but when she found out about his personalty she knew that he was going to be her best friend. The BFG told her about the mean giants. The Fleshlumpeater, Bonecruncher, Maidhugger, Childchewer, Meatdripper, Gizzardgulper, Maidmasher, Bloodbottler and the Butherboy. Sophie and the BFG both hate the other giants beside the BFG. Sophie knows that the giants will gallop off to eat children and adults, THen she gets an idea. She needs the Queen of England to help her. What is her idea?

The Magic Finger is about a girl who hates when people kill animals. One day her friends were killing ducks and she put the magic finger on them. They turned into ducks. They had to do everything like a duck make a nest and eat bugs. And the ducks that were not her friends did everything like a human. The dukes that slept in the house like humans tried to kill the girl friends so the girls friends told them never to kill any animal again. They turned back into humans again. They barred the ducks that they killed and smashed their guns. Then she heard that some people were killing animals. So she went to put the magic finger on them.

The frog princess is about a girl named Emma and her mom tells her that she has to marry a man named Jorge. He is very selfish person. Emma goes to see her aunt (the green witch) and Emma tries out an easy spell and she does it wrong. The spell is to keep her room clean. She picked out this spell because her mom always tells her to clean her room. Since the spell didn’t work her bed always makes its self even when Emma is in it. Her mom tells her that Jorge is coming to spend the day with her. She runs to the swamp because that is the only safe place she knows and she meets a frog. He puckers his lips and asks for a kiss. Emma says “Why should I.” “Because I am Prince Edric.” “ Well at least I was a prince.” Said Edric. He asked for a kiss again. Emma finally said YES=http://!!!! Before she kisses him she has to whip his mouth because it had dried fly feet on them. To get them off she has to find a Kleenex. After she did that she kissed him without stopping. Was wearing a bracelet that her aunt Grassinda (the green witch) gave her. After the kiss, unfortunately Emma didn’t make him turn into a human again. She turned into a frog too. They want to find the witch who cast the spell so they could tell her that she did the spell wrong. If the witch was a nice they would both turn back into humans. They went through tall grass and they found a white dog. After they got through the grass they saw a little cottage. The two frogs hid in a thorn bush to wait for the witch. After a while they saw a witch come out the door of the cottage. She was wearing all black and her hair was all ratty. The two frogs went up to the witch and said “Will you help us.” Edric said “You said when a princess kissed me I would turn back into a prince but when Emma kissed me I just turned into a frog.” They figured out that she was not the woman who turned them into a frog. She was a witch who was looking for two frog tongs and two frog feet. They met a lot of new friends like Li’l the bat, Eney, Menney and Minney the mice, two spiders and Fang the snake. When they were in the cottage trying to escape Emma actually did a spell right! It was for opening all of the cages of the witches captured. Emma was pleased with herself. But she heard that Fang got out. The two frogs took one can that didn’t open. It was dragon’s breath. Edric was the one holding it all the way to Emma’s aunt’s house. They had to go through a forest to get to the green witches house. When they got to the edge of the forest they got a little scared because they didn’t know what was in it. When they got almost half way through the forest Edric found some rotten berries with flies over them. He told Emma to go to the road on the other side of the forest. She started going. She stopped to take a break when she heard rustling in the bushes. When she turned around there was Fang (or at least she thought it was Fang) and Fang started strangling her. The real Fang came out of the bushes “Fang” stopped strangling her. Emma found out that the two snakes were married and had kids. When Edric caught up they saw the castle. Fang said that he had to go to help his wife with his new babies. Li’l had to rest so it was up to the two frogs. When they got to the castle they went up to Emma’s aunt’s room. The next day they went to the swamp where Emma got turned into a frog. The green witch asked Emma if she was wearing any jewelry when she got turned into a frog. Emma told her that she was wearing a bracelet that her aunt gave to her. For the Green Witches spell to work they had to find the bracelet. Read the Frog Princess to find out if Emma Edric turn back into humans or stay frogs forever.

I like this book because it had cool characters and every time I stopped reading it I would get anxious to start reading again. If you read it I hope you think the same thing!

Franny K. Stein Attack of the 50 foot Cupid is about a girls mom who buys her daughter a dog. Franny does not like the dog that much because he ruins a lot of things. One day Franny invented a thing that makes things come out of the picture and come to life in 3D. The 50 foot Cupid has big arrows and Franny trys to stop Cupid from shooting so she has to make her self big like Cupid. She rides on a bus like a skateboard and fell on her leg. Cupid captures Franny's dog and starts taking out a bow. Franny gets some milk and squirts it in Cupids mouth. Franny gets some other invention and to make both Cupid and Franny small again. When cupid was small again Franny putCupid back on a piece of paper.

I liked this book because it was funny. I like funny books because they make me laugh and I like to laugh.

On there tenth birthday Amanda hears her best friend Leo tell some boys that he only invites Amanda to his birthday parties because his mom makes him. But thats not true. Both of there great-great-great grandpa's had a fight. Somebody cast a spell on them and told them if you do not make up and be friends again then you will repeat the day over and over again. That is what happened to Amanda and Leo. Read to find out if Amanda and Leo ever get out of the spell!!!!

I chose this book to read because Nina read it for her book report and she made it sound like it was the best book in the world. Now I do think that it is the best book in the world!!!!

Honus and Me, by Dan Gutman, is a spectacular book. This book is basically about a 12 year old boy named Joe Stosheck who finds an old Honus Wagner card while cleaning an attic. As soon as he goes to sleep, something strange happens.... I like this book because it really wasn't a book I would have picked if I were alone because it is about about baseball, and I personally don't like baseball. Although, after experiencing this book, I realized that it was fun to read a book that you really wouldn't have picked. The last thing that I liked about that book was that it was about more than just baseball.  It was the best expereince ever.

One day, a young boy, Sam Beaver, to be exact, visits a lake.  In that lake, there is a Trumpeter Swan and his mate.  When the swan lays her eggs, the last one, the fifth, can not talk.  So when the other cygnets, baby swans, yell "Koh, Ko,"  to Sam, the young cygnet tries to yell but can't.  Instead, he unties Sam's shoelace, and that is how the amazing bird, Louis, begins his amazing adventure.  Sam takes Louis to his school, and Louis the swan learns to write.  Instead of using the method, talking, to communicate, he writes on a slate and pencil that he carries on his neck.  And once he gets a trumpet to help him blow " Koh, Ko,"  will he ever be able to tell Serena, a beautiful swan that he loves her? Read the book to find out!

2009-2010
2010-2011
2012-2013
2013-2014

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Wordle: Our Blog