Copyright (c) 2014 by Mr. Edwards Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mr. Edwards -- Blogmeister

by Mr. Edwards

Mrs. Cassidy's First grade class
Mrs. Schulman's Blog
Mrs. Decker's 2nd grade blog
Mr. Edwards' Website
Mrs. Hyde's room 16 learners - NZ
Mrs. Kenyon's The View from 3rd Grade - IL
Mrs. Bonsor 2nd grade class blog - NZ
Miss T's Classroom Blog - NZ
Mr. Scattergood's 5th grade Class - WA
Mrs. Lowes Area 11 Bloggers, Australia
Mrs. B's 5th grade - Lebanon
Mrs. B's 5th grade - Lebanon
Mrs. V and Room 21 - Otonga School, Rotorua, NZ
Mr. E's delicious tags
Mr. Sumner Year 4 - Brookburn, ManchesterUK
Spring 2011 Progressive Story
NB Moodle

Title: Week in Review - February 17th (02/17/11)
Description: What did we do the past couple of weeks. Math lab, colonies keynote, making inferences...Share our week with everyone.

In math we used graduated cinders, small marbles, an eyedropper and large marbles. We found out that the small are 2cc. The large marbles are 4cc. We did a whole math lab. In the art adventure we did origami. We did a box, boat, bird and a paper air plane. Origami was from china. There is a book I've read called The strange case of Origami Yoda. People think kids should learn origami that's why we did it. Then we told our buddies story with out a book to read. We been practicing with a storytelling teacher named Mrs.Black. She taught us how to do volume with our voices. We had to remember the stories. I did the Gingerbread Boy.

This week we worked on a ton of things but here are the most important!

In math we started learning about fractions. We learned about the improper fractions, the mixed number fractions, and that you can find if a fractions is in simplest form. You know if a fraction is in simples form if there are no common factor in numerator/denominator.

We're also learning about weather. Ginger Zee came and told us about how thunder storms and tornados are formed. But in school we learned about rain, clouds, air pressure, precipitation, anemometer, wind vane, barometer, humidity, hygrometer, and rain gauge!

We also learned about colonies. We watched a video on the region are colony is in. And we made a script on our colony. We wrote about the jobs, colonial life, geography, religion, slavery, government, and a couple other stuff that I don't remember! and we are going to make the script into a voice thread!

My week was awesome!:)

What a wonderful week! we are starting to learn about weather. As I said in a different blog post a meteorologist named Ginger Zee visited our school. Also we have a half day of school and we are so exited. Then on Friday and Monday we are off for the whole day. In math we have been working on volume. We were doing a lab. Yesterday we had a math test. Then today we have a spelling test. Right now I am working on my blog post as you see. In music we are learning a song for our musical. Also we told stories to our buddy class. Well bye now!

I had a great week. I will tell you 3 things that I did. We are having a long weekend, We did a math lab, and in Art we are starting our art show project!

#1. To day we have a half day and we are going to leave school soon!

#2. We did a math lab where we used a graduated cylinder and measured how much a large marble will way and how much a small marble will way.

#3. We are going to have an art show! We don't know what it is yet but with our awesome teacher we are hopefully going to be good!

That was my week talk to you later.

Today I finished my math lab. It was about  volume, and we used a graduated cylinder. We measured small marbles and big marbles. Then we had an art adventure it was about  origami. We made a bird,a paper ballon,and a boat.It was so fun.Ginger Zee came to are  school.She is a  meteorologist .she told us about  weather and how it works .this weak was so fun.It is the best week ever!

Good Bye!

This week we have been working on lots of things.

One thing we have been doing this week is learning about weather. We have learned things about clouds, air pressure, tools to measure wind, and tools to measures air pressure. We've learned about 3 types of clouds but I don't remember their names. Clouds are made when tiny drops of water get really high up and stick together. Soon it becomes a raindrop and gets too heavy and then they start to fall. That's is what we've learned so far.

In math we are learning on how to measure items with water. We do it when we put the water in the cylinder up to 140cc. Then we drop marbles, or whatever we are doing the lab with and it will rise. Say you dropped in 3 small marbles and it went up to 146cc, that means that 3 small marbles= 6cc. After we did that we answered some questions with a partner. We also did a test on Monday. The test was a mid-year review. It wasn't that hard but it really got me thinking. That is what we are learning in math.

Another thing we are learning about is colonies. We watched a video about our region and then we answered a question. We also made a keynote of our colony. We worked with a partner and then made a script that we would say. I learned a lot about the middle colonies and Pennsylvania. I had a partner but not everybody did. After we learned a little about colonies I knew a lot more then when we started. That is what we've learned about this week!!!

In music we figured out our parts in the school play and what are scheudules are for rehearsing.I liked that part it was exciting and fun. In gym we had a fitness day,climbing wall and we play the game nock the pin down with a mini beanbag! In history/social studies we made a script for our powerpoint on keynote we made on our colonies. Not all of us finished our voice thread that we made the script for but it was all fun. We also watched a colony movie on our colonies region which in my case was the southern region. We also had an art adventure on oragami and made oragami birds,helmets,planes,and cranes.We also learned that the chinese made it up and the Japanese made it popular. In weather we learned a out hale that is made by climate change and sleet which is freezing rain. We also learned about humidity which is the amount of water vapor in the air. I learned that a hygrometer is a tool that measures humity and I learned about other cool tools such as the rain gauge and the wind sock.

This week In math I am learning about volume. We are putting marbles in graduated cylinders to see how much volume it take up. We had a art adventure about origami an how to do it we made a cup,jet plane, swan and samurai hat. In science we are learning about weather and how clouds are formed. There are clouds that are formed by small pieces of water and there are some made of ice. Today was a fun week.

This week we worked on colony keynotes. I made my New-Hampshire keynote. I had to research about my colony. We also got are parts for the musical I got the physician. I would have rather been a time keeper but I got physician so I am not what I wanted to be. We watched a video about our colony's region I was the New England region. We learned origami in a Art Adventure. I got to make paper airplane's. You had to fold piece's of paper in a special way then you keep folding and you make origami art! We also told story's to are buddy's. That was are week. I liked this week

This week there was only 3 and a half school days. In Mrs.Levin's class we didn't prepare much for ISAT. We got a couple extended responses. Mrs.Levin taught us the KFC. We made colony keynotes. I used the Papyrus background for my keynote. Some people got to start voice-thread but I didn't. But 1st you had to make a script. I wasn't finished with my script so I couldn't do the voice-thread. While people were waiting to do voice-thread they did Type To Learn. In Type to Learn there our levels. In each level there is a lesson and a few games related to typing. You pass a level when you do all of the things on the checklist.

This week I was sick on Monday and Tuesday, on Thursday a half a day and on friday no school!! During this week I did a lab in math, it was about volume. We would fill up a graduated cylinder, put marbles in the water and measure the displacement.

We also did art, in art we made clay pots and carved ancient Egyptian people on the pot. We were only were allowed to use black paint because we were trying to draw like Egyptians.I had a lot of fun doing this project, I think you should try it.Tell me how it turns out!

That is what I did on this very very short week at my marvelous school, Greenbriar. Maybe you could try to do the lab at home or talk to your teacher about doing it in class.Have a great time!!

In school we are learning a lot of things of course but I will only talk about a couple of things. In math we did a lab and the lab was to put marbles in a graduated cylinder and see if the water would rise and we would have to answer a question like why would the water be rising when you put the marbles in? We figured it out after a while. The answer was that the water rises because afteryouput marbles in the cylinder the marbles would make the water rise because the marbles take up space so it forces the water to go up! We are also still working on colonies, and we went to the computer lab to work on keynote to make more info about our colonies. We also had to watch a video about our region and mine is New England because I'm studying the colony Connecticut. In weather we are learning so much like humidity, rain gauges and like how do rain and wind form? We are writing it all down and soon we are going to have a test on it! And thats basically what we are learning in class!

2009-2010
2010-2011
2012-2013
2013-2014

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Wordle: Our Blog