Copyright (c) 2014 by Mr. Edwards Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mr. Edwards -- Blogmeister

by Mr. Edwards

Mrs. Cassidy's First grade class
Mrs. Schulman's Blog
Mrs. Decker's 2nd grade blog
Mr. Edwards' Website
Mrs. Hyde's room 16 learners - NZ
Mrs. Kenyon's The View from 3rd Grade - IL
Mrs. Bonsor 2nd grade class blog - NZ
Miss T's Classroom Blog - NZ
Mr. Scattergood's 5th grade Class - WA
Mrs. Lowes Area 11 Bloggers, Australia
Mrs. B's 5th grade - Lebanon
Mrs. B's 5th grade - Lebanon
Mrs. V and Room 21 - Otonga School, Rotorua, NZ
Mr. E's delicious tags
Mr. Sumner Year 4 - Brookburn, ManchesterUK
Spring 2011 Progressive Story
NB Moodle

Title: Frindle Chapter 5-8 (01/26/11)
Description: Reflect on chapters five through eight (The Report, The Big Idea, Mightier than the Sword). What predictions or inferences did you make? Why? Did you have any questions or connections? Share your thinking.

I thnk Nick did a brave thing in Mrs. Grangers class. He decided one day to replace the word pen for Frindle and wanted everybody to use it. Nick heard what the teacher said about the only thing that maked D.O.G pronounced dog is becuase that's what people just agreed to call it so Nick thought that if he got people to agree on Frindle not pen it would make sense. He did after a while get almost everyone in the school to use it but Mrs. Granger did aprove of it and said anyone who is heard using the word will stay after school. But that only made kids use it more! The school had to hire bunches of school buses to take the kids home after they did there time after school. Now I predict that the parents of the Allens are going to get involved because it said that Mrs. Granger was going to talk to the parents of Nick

I have just read the chapters 5-8 in Frindle. In chapter 5, Janet dropped a pen in the street while she Nick were walking home. Nick went to go get it and when he was giving it to Janet he said "Here's your Frindle!" Now the whole school knows about the word and Mrs. Granger is getting really mad. I think she doesn't like silly kids because she has made over 200 kids write sentences in one day just because they used the word Frindle. I think that she is being a little to hard on them. Also, Mrs. Granger gave Nick an envelope for him to open when e stops saying that Frindle means pen. One thing I wonder is what is in the envelope and what it says. I predict that Nick will sneak open the envelope when the war is still going. The last thing is that the principal wants to talk to Nick's parents because he is getting very mad at what's going on. I think that Nick will get in lots of trouble. I hope that my questions and predictions will get answered!

I am still reading the book frindle in class. I predict when the principle comes Mrs and Mr. Allen will not know what she is talking about. It might be the first time hearing the word ''frindle''.

In chapters 1-4 Nick finds out about his teacher Mrs. Granger. Then he tries his no homework trick on her. She tells him he has to do a report on dictionaries. He does the report in chapters 5-8 and he plans to take up the whole period. If he takes on and about dictionaries then they might not get any homework. His idea does not work and he still gets homework. On the walk home he picks up a pen. He doesn't think pen is a good name for the pen though, so he gives it the name frindle. Mrs. Granger gets so angry about this fake word that she sends the principal to Nicks house. Now what?

I predict everyone all over the country will start using the word frindle.

I predict if the word frindle keeps getting used Mrs. Granger will leave the school.

I really like the idea of the word frindle. I think it would be fun to make up a new word. If there is not too much homework I don't mind that much but I see Nick doesn't like homework.

I have just finished reading chapters 5-8 on the book Frindle. Nick and his friend Janet found a pen on the ground so Nick decides to name it Frindle. But where would NIck find a name like that? The next day Nick calls a bunch of his friends and they all make up a plan. So Nick goes to a store and asks for a black Frindle. The lady at the front desk had know idea what he was talking about, and I wouldn't either I mean a random kid walks up and asks for a black Frindle? But anyway Nick goes to hide behind a clothes rack and his friend comes up a couple minutes later to the same lady and asks for a Frindle too! The lady knew exactly what he was talking about! The next day at school Nick and his friends drove Mrs. Granger crazy by calling all their pens a Frindle. If I didn't know what a Frindle was too and if I was the English teacher too I would probably rip my head off.

Nick does his report and it only leaves 8 minutes left of class. While walking home with Janet, Nick and Janet play a game while walking on the curb. Then Janet sees a pen and picks it up. Later she drops it and Nick picks it up and calls it a Frindle. Then a club starts and they always say Frindle instead of pen. At school they start using it. Mrs.Granger says once this stops she will give him a letter. I think this will really start to get serious. Mrs.Chapman will want Nick to stop but he won't.

Hi there, I am still reading frindle. But this time I read chapters #5-8. here are some of the predictions that I made wile reading,

Chapter#5: I predict that the report will not go well.

Chapter#6: I predict that Nick will get in trouble.

Chapter#7: I predict that people will make a big deal about Frindle. That was confirmed because Mrs.Granger said " Who ever got caught caught saying the word Frindle will have detention.".

Chapter#8: I predict that some one from the news will go to nicks school. That was confirmed because the reporter did go to there school.

I just read chapters 5-8 in Frindle! In the next chapter Nick has to finish a report on dictionaries he has to do for Mrs. Granger! I was wondering if he has to do the report in 1 night? Nick just thought an idea while he was doing his report. I think that Mrs. Granger won't like his idea at first but then as the idea gets better she WILL like the idea more and more! Nick is about to give his report and he is very nervous! I can connect with him when I'm about to do a report I get nervous too! Nick also found a pen on the ground and named it frindle. I can't wait to keep reading!!

Nick made up the word "Frindle" It means pen. Miss Granger is mad about this. She makes the kids stay after school if they use the word "Frindle". I would use the word "Frindle" because its a funny word. I think the word "Frindle" is completely hilarious. I would probably not want to stay after school for saying "Frindle" it would take time out of being home and playing with friends or doing homework. I think the next chapter he will have to make no one say the word "Frindle" any more.

2009-2010
2010-2011
2012-2013
2013-2014

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Wordle: Our Blog