Copyright (c) 2014 by Bee Bright Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Bee Bright -- Blogmeister

Melba High School

Mustang Readers blog about books they have selected for the library from field trips to major book stores. Students also blog about character traits portrayed in YRCA books.

by Bee Bright

teacher: Glynda Pflieger

Title: Field Trip to Hastings (04/16/09)
Description: Submit a blog entry connecting your book to a character trait. You will also need to make one positive comment on another students' blog for this assignment. All blogs and permission slips must be completed by April 24th.

BLOOD LINES (NCIS)

BY Mel Odom

In this book you will meet 3 people named Will, Remy, and Estella

How many of you have seen the show NCIS that’s on TV? Well this book is based off the show. All the people in the book are from the navy

Commander Will Coburn's NCIS team was based at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, has just begun an investigation into the carjacking and assault of a Marine and his wife. The evidence points to the only son of notorious criminal and suspected international drug smuggler Victor Gant

When all of a sudden Shel McHenry, one of Coburn’s top agents, is wounded during the botched arrest of Bobby Lee Gant, the team rallies around Shel even as Victor threatens swift retribution . . . and he has the connections to do so without shedding a tear.

At the same time, Shel's father, Tyrel McHenry, continues to struggle with his own demons in West Texas. A haunting war secret he hid has reared its ugly head, and the path he chooses will change both his and his sons’ lives forever

Article posted April 24, 2009 at 07:33 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 56

Generation Dead is about an every day high school...but the teens who are dying don't stay dead. they come back to life and walk around kind of like the other teen but they don't breath and they walk around really stiff like. At one of the high schools is a gothic girl named Phoebe. Phoebe has a crush on one of the dead people. Anyways the dead guy that she likes name is Tommy Williams. Who tries out for the football team and gets clobered all the time by the other football guys, because no one like the dead people. Anyways I think that this book should go under respect because it's about how people should respect other groups.

Miss Popularity is a great story. Its about a girl who moves to Maine and she is the only one who wears different colors than everybody else. She likes to hang with a girl she saw that had a sparkly jacket that she sees in her locker. She shows responsibility by doing the fashion show at her new school for the fundraiser.

Article posted April 24, 2009 at 03:39 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 53

Erin has been in a psychiatric ward for most of her life because of her alter ego Shevaun (a very violent alter ego). She finally gets to go to a normal high school but she has a problem. Shevaun is real, a very old vampire, and is determine to do anything to protect her family. Shevaun and her love Adjila, a triste witch, have a connection to Erin's past. Adjila has to take responablity for a mistake in order to save Erin and Shevaun.

Glory Road

This is a basketball book that is about Texas Western’s 1966 season. It was a season that changed the USA forever. It is a must read book. The movie is good to. It showes self control by the players to still play even when they get beat up.

Article posted April 28, 2009 at 08:06 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 59

This Present Darkness, by Frank E. Peretti, portrays the character trait of responsibility because when the demons were trying to take over the town the angels took responsibilty and made plans to defend the town and the people.

Article posted April 16, 2009 at 06:45 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 61

Rules

In rules Catharine, the sister, learns to show respect and show empathy for her brother, who is autistic. Though that she thinks that it is not fare for her to have to deal with it she does.

The book “The Center of The Universe” was about a teenager that experiences the rollercoaster ride of high school. I think this book falls in the character trait of self control. Through out the book, she deals with her parents and siblings and has to control temper rages, and she does.

This book may not be suitable for younger readers; with foul language other unapproved parts of the book.

Article posted April 27, 2009 at 07:38 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 52

Kissed by an Angel would have to go under self-control. The reson it would have to go under that is because Ivy has to learn to control herself after her boyfriends dies in a car accident. When she finds out who killed her boyfreind she has to control the urge to go after him since he is after her. She has to play along with the killers game or she will die before she can save the people she loves and will learn to love...like will. :)