Copyright (c) 2014 by Betsy Decker Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Betsy Decker -- Blogmeister

Room 306-

Room 306

We are a second grade general-education classroom. We focus on Reading, Writing, Math and Social Studies. Our students leave the room for art, science, music, library, PE and computer lab.

by Betsy Decker

Mrs. Shulman's 2nd Grade Class Blog
Free Rice educational games
Mr. Edwards's 4th Grade Class Blog

Well Second-Graders! You're not really second-graders any more! How does it feel? Remember to check in every once in a while for updates from your teachers and friends! Feel free to post something. If you forget your password or how to check in, send an email to Ms. Decker.

I hope your summer is already off to a wonderful start. It should be warming up any day now....

Article posted June 2, 2009 at 08:08 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 40

We've been reading books by and about Tomie dePaola. Here's his website, check it out!

www.tomie.com/

The school year is coming to a close. We have made time lines of our school year. Take a moment to remember some of your favorite things from second grade. Write about your favorite unit, your favorite field trip, your favorite art adventure....

Article posted May 19, 2009 at 07:56 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 42

Memorial Day is coming up. Today we read a book about Memorial Day and wrote a letter to a World War II veteran, thanking him for his service to our country. Write about how you will celebrate Memorial Day on Monday. Do you think it is important to celebrate Memorial Day? Why or why not?

You can enter the text of your blog here!

Article posted April 28, 2009 at 01:27 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 35

We are in the midst of our Fairy Tale unit. What is your favorite fairy tale that we have read in class so far? Tell us what it is called, what it's about and why you like it!

Article posted April 14, 2009 at 07:11 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 39

We haven't had a chance to blog about Spring yet! What signs of Spring have you seen? What changes are you noticing around school, around your neighborhood, around your yard?

St. Patrick's day is coming up and it has me thinking about LUCK....here are some ideas to write about:

-Do you have something that brings you good luck? What is it? Where did you get it? What kind of luck does it bring?

-What was your luckiest day? Tell all about it.

-If you want to do really well on something (a test, a game etc.) do you rely on luck, or are there other things you do to prepare?

-Who is the luckiest person you know? What makes them so lucky?

-Finish the sentence "I would feel so lucky if...."

We had a nice long weekend. How did you spend your time? Did you enjoy the March snow? Read a good book? Take a family trip? Clean your room? Tell us all about it!

We have been asking ourselves questions while we read....now let's do it with a photo! 

Take a good look at this picture. Look at all of the different parts and notice as many things as you can. Now, blog about what you wonder about the picture. 

We have had several visitors to our blog! Check out your page and see if you have any new comments. Then find the link to our our neighbors, Mrs. Shulman's class. You may read some of their entries and make appropriate, specific, complimentary comments on their writing as well!

Room 306