-

а %), скачать игровой автомат mega jack бесплатно, 2145

by teacher: RobertGask

Article posted August 30, 2010 at 01:46 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 103

In the July school holidays my family went to Australia. We spent a week in Port Douglas and stayed with my grandparents. They live there for 6 months of the year in NZ's winter then come home forour summer. It was 28 degrees when we visited them, so nice and warm. We went to the Great Barrier reef and snorkelled with Nemo ! The fish were so pretty, their colors were bright. The coral was alive and very colourfull. The giant clam was scary, when I swam over it, it closed up.

We spent the second week of our holiday on Sunshine Coast and stayed at a cool as resort. I went to kids art class every day ! We met a really nice family from Perth, their kids were the same age as us so we played a lot together.

When we came home it was frosty and really cold ! I want to go back to Australia next holidays.

Article posted August 23, 2010 at 09:41 PM GMT • comment • Reads 38

New Zealand is a small island country in the South Pacific Ocean. New Zealand is made up of two large islands called the South Island and the North Island. Lake Taupo is the larges volcano and its also a lake. The Southern Alps is a large group of mountains. Mount Cook is the tallest mountain. The Waikato River is the longest river.

New Zealand makes most of their money by dairy farming, visitors to NZ, sheep farming and selling kiwifruit and other crops.

New Zealand’s most popular sports are soccer, netball, cricket and water sports which includes the World Rowing Championships which is coming on later this year.

New Zealand has no native mammals except bats. We have lots of native birds such as kiwis, tuis, pukekos, kakapos and kakas but lots of our native birds don’t fly. Kiwis are our national emblem but there are also people called kiwis.

The population is four million. Most people live in towns or cities. The capital city is Wellington. The biggest city is Auckland and in Auckland there is one million people.

Although New Zealand is a small country it has a lot of variety with its plants, birds, landscape and people.

new-zealand-map

Article posted May 8, 2010 at 07:58 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 50

Written in New Zealand.

Illustrated in Russia.

Published for the world to enjoy.

Article posted April 22, 2010 at 01:35 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 41

Watch out for the bees!

Ouch!

What’s wrong?

On Tuesday 9 March the Livewires went to Maungatautari. To get into the bush we had to go through a cage like monkeys. Before we went in the gate there is a table that you check your bags on but we didn’t have to because we left our bags in the car.

At Maungatautari in the bush there are not bad animals that could hurt the special things inside the fence. There is one big fence around the bush so no bad things can get inside but the fence isn’t just an old ordinary fence because it has a slope on top so nothing can get up over the other side. The cage that we have to go through has two doors. You have to press the button to get inside but you can only open one door at a time. On the fence there is really small mesh so the bad animals can’t get in.

When we got into the forest we went quickly to see the kaka because we wanted to see feeding time. When we got there we saw kaka hanging from the cage and swinging along the netting of the cage. In the cage there was a big log and on the log there was lots of nails because people put cut up kiwifruit and apples on the nails so the birds can eat it.

Then we went to find the tracking tunnels. They were black and there were cards inside with ink on them. Mrs Collins chose someone to lead us for a bit then she chose someone else too. There were 12 tracking tunnels. When we got to the first tracking tunnel Mrs Collins held the card up and showed everyone but there were no footprints on the card.

Then we followed the pink ribbons to the next tracking tunnels. When we got there Mrs Collins got a jar and a cork out of here bag and she spat on the jar. She rubbed the cork against the jar. It was funny because it sounded like a fantail calling to other fantails but no fantails came. So we kept on walking down the track. On the way to the third one we had to go up really steep hills and we had to climb up by holding onto the trees.

When we got to the third one there were still no footprints on the card. By the time we got to about the 6th one there were still no footprints. On the way to the 7th one we had to go over and under logs. When it got to that time I was very puffed and tired but there were still four more to go. By the time we had finished all the tracking tunnels we still hadn’t found any footprints.

After that we kept on walking and then Casey started crying. Fyfe said, “What’s wrong?”

But then Fyfe started crying too because they got a bee sting. Mrs Collins told the rest of us to go with her away from the bees so we didn’t get stung. But it was too late because most of us got stung already. I felt a bit scared but I was lucky because I didn’t get stung. All the people that did get bee stings had to go home. Because they went home we didn’t do much after that. All we did was went to the kaka to have a look and then we went home.

Rm 5 Maungatautari 9.3.10 035

I will check the field after lunch for rubbish or

clothing.

Article posted March 17, 2010 at 09:24 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 41

Name of Georgia

Resident of Te Awamutu

Friend of Nicole, Kate, Samantha, Fyfe

Who hates bad people

Who loves strawberry

Who needs water and caring

Who gives kindness

Who feels safe at Puahue School

Who wishes there were no bad people

Who fears spiders

Who is a Livewire at Puahue School

Article posted December 8, 2009 at 07:10 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 52

Every morning in our house one of us children open a draw on the Christmas event tree. It was my turn today and I got a small crunchy bar, I ate it at breakfast time. Tomorrow it is my sisters turn I wonder what she will get.

There is only 16 days to go until Christmas, yay! I am so excited. We are going on a Christmas tree hunt this weekend at Grandads mountain. It is always fun and we do this every year.

Article posted December 8, 2009 at 07:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

Last week on the 3rd December our class spent the night at school. We slept in tents on the field. It was so much fun. I slept with Lili in the tent. We didnt have an adult sleep with us. Before we went to bed we skyped our blog buddies. It was snowing at their school and very cold. It was really weird knowing they were playing in snow and we were camping. The next day we went and did some flax weaving at the Hamilton Museum. We made harakeke. That is the moari name for a special treasure.

Next we had lunch at the Hamilton lake then off to rock climbing. I climbed 6 walls and I got to the top of 4. It was hard work, I was very tired afterwards. It was a fun camp.

I'm working with Kate and we're making the left eye. We fond it hard to make the eye stick out of the monster.

I think reading is more important because you can learn more new words.

Article posted September 3, 2009 at 11:23 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 53

The Livewires live in Waipa District, North Island that is in New Zealand. It is very peaceful where the Livewires live because there is not much traffic. Fourteen Livewires live on the farm and 10 live in town.

In the Waipa District there are lots of dairy farms. On dairy farms there are cows that get milked. The milk gets sold or made into cheese or butter. On some farms people grow kiwifruit, maize and beef cattle.

Our two towns are Kihikihi and Te Awamutu. The population is 10 000. Fonterra Dairy Factory is in Te Awamutu.

Some small mountains are very special to New Zealand such as Maungatautari, Pirongia and Kakepuku. The small mountains are extinct volcanoes. Maungatautari is a bird sanctuary. There is a 50 km fence to stop pests such as ferrets, cats, stoats, rats, dogs and weasels.

Article posted August 11, 2009 at 01:19 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 41

A kiwi is a bird that is native to New Zealand. There are five species of kiwi. The male incubates the egg for 65 to 75 days. Female kiwis are larger than males. The kiwi is as big as a farmyard hen but their eggs are six times bigger than a hens egg. Kiwi burrows are one to three meters long. The kiwis predators are ferrets, cats, stoats, rats, dogs, weasels and cats. The kiwi is a flightless bird that has very small wings. Kiwis have an excellent sense of smell and hearing. Also the kiwi has very strong legs that can run fast.

kiwi mt bruce

Article posted June 2, 2009 at 12:55 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 51

Our school's environment. I like the monkey bars

best out of our school's environment. I look after

the school environment by not dropping my rubersh

on the ground. I would like soft sawdust under the

monkey bars.

Article posted May 4, 2009 at 12:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

My favourite board game is called snakes and ladders.

I like snakes and ladders because you can take a short cut up to the top. I think it is fun because lots of people can play the game, both young and old people.

I have two dogs they are called Brown and Smudge. When you throw a ball or a stick over the fence they jump over and fetch it. They jump high like a kangaroo! They are used for duck shooting, they fetch the ducks in the pond or river when my dad shoots the ducks. Brown is 5 years old and he is very fun to play with. Smudge is alot older than Brown, she is 9 years old. Dad is going to get 2 puppies in the spring. I want to name them Patch and Polly. They will be trained to fetch the ducks with Brown and Smudge.

Article posted March 17, 2009 at 09:57 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 38

My cat's are called Roxy and Dour. Dour has gray and black fur and Roxy has gold and black fur. My cats are very warm and cuddly.

Article posted March 8, 2009 at 08:46 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 41

The crab is not real. It is made of flax. It has got eyes. It has got little nippers and legs. It has a flat top and curved sides. It has eight legs. They are very sharp. Miss Knight keeps her earrings in it. It has a little handle on top of it so you can take the lid off.

cane crab 003

Article posted February 15, 2009 at 10:42 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 51

Hello my name is Georgia. I live with my sister, my brother and mum and dad. I live on a farm with lots of animals. We have lots of cows on our farm, some pigs, sheep,chickens and dogs. My favorite thing about our farm is helping at calving time and playing with the cute calves. They suck my fingers when they are hungry and bunt me, sometimes that hurts !