Fyfe/Fifi-

We may even be negative as it is better, be really careful about it., loans online, drias,

by teacher: Ktwsbxpt

Rumble...rumble...rumble...
“What’s happening?
On Saturday 4th September there was an earthquake at 4:35 am. Luckily it was in the morning because most people were in bed and that’s safer than being in a building shopping.
It was a 7.1 earthquake on the Richter scale. The Richter scale measures not the length or size of an earthquake but the strength of it. The epicentre of the earthquake was 30 km away from Christchurch. The epicentre is the exact place where the earthquake started. Places close to the epicentre would be destroyed. The epicentre was 10 km underground.
Water and sewage pipes have broken and sewage is getting in the fresh water. People have to boil the water to make sure it’s safe to drink. Also the power lines have broken so there is no power. Almost every milking shed has no power or water except for one. It is used to milking 400 cows a day but now it milk 4000 cows a day. Amazing!
There are more than 100 000 buildings damaged. More and more buildings get damaged because more than 100 aftershocks have happened.
The Dean’s homestead is an old house, not your average 50 year old house, but a one hundred and thirty year old house. Yep, going right back to 1880. Xavier, the boy who lived in the house fell out of the broken wall and he lived. Amazingly there were no deaths in the earthquake but there were two serious injuries. There were lots of cuts and broken bones.
Engineers check buildings to see if they are safe to go into. They put stickers on the buildings to show which are safe and not safe. The green sticker means safe. The yellow sticker means it needs some fixing. The red sticker means it is too dangerous to go inside.
University students have been cleaning the mud and sand off the streets since they have no classes, which is really cool. Children have been standing in the cracks in the road. I think it’s bad because what if an aftershock came and they got stuck.

kids in cracks

Article posted September 22, 2010 at 07:27 PM • comment (1) • Reads 39 • see all articles

In my family I have 2 bothers (brothers) and my Mum and Dad I love violet, chocolate, my friends,my family and....BOOKS!!!!!