Before the field trip you will be need to complete the following:

Blog about the book you selected at Barnes and Noble relating the book or an event to one of the following character traits: empathy, self control, citizenship, appreciation & generosity, tolerance & diversity, dignity & pride, honesty & integrity, respect, responsibility

Make a positive comment on another students’ blog

High school Mustang Readers will also need to write a book review on Shelfari. After creating a Shelfari account, invite all staff members. Then follow the Shelfari Settings 3 Step Guide   

While at Borders:

·         Select your book (middle or high school appropriate)

·         Pick up a post-it-note from a staff member in the café

·         Write your name and book title on the post-it before asking a staff member to initial their approval

·         Attach approved post-it-note to your books until they are purchased using a library purchase order

·         Post-it-notes will be collected at the register

YOU are responsible for your book at all times. Please read and turn into the library before our April Mustang Reader Committee meeting!

Mustang Readers’ have been selecting books for the school library for the past four years and now we have an incredible fiction collection! The down side is that our non-fiction percentages are low. We encourage all high school Mustang Readers’ to select non-fiction but it is not required.

Before the field trip you will have to complete the following:

·          Blog about any book you read over the summer relating the book or an event to one of the following character traits: empathy, self control, citizenship, appreciation & generosity, tolerance & diversity, dignity & pride, honesty & integrity, respect, responsibility

·          Make a positive comment on another students’ blog

·          High school juniors and seniors will also need to identify one non-fiction book for the school library from the EBSCO database titled Book Index with Reviews.

o    To access the database, use the LILI (Libraries Linking Idaho) Logo linked on our school library website

o    Do an advanced search for non-fiction and any topic or author you are interested in reading about

o    Use the new “Note Taking“feature to explain why we should include the book in the library collection and then email the note or save it to GoogleDocs and share with my Gmail.

While at Barnes & Noble:

·          Select your books (middle or high school appropriate)

·          Pick up a post-it-note from a staff member in the café

·           Write your name and book title on the post-it before asking a staff member to initial their approval

·           Attach approved post-it-note to your books until they are purchased using a library purchase order

·           Post-it-notes will be collected at the register

YOU are responsible for your books at all times. Please read and turn into the library before our December Mustang Reader Committee meeting

We will be traveling to Hastings in Boise to select current, high interest books for the Middle/High School library collection. Since Hastings accepts used books, it is imperative that you check the copyright date on all nonfiction. 

Due to recent budget issues, we will be required to fund the bus with the money from our books. You may want to consider pairing with a friend to select more costly books.

All students must complete a blog entry and make one positive comment on another student's blog. Please remember to connect your book to one of our nine monthly character traits. All blogs and permission slips must be completed by April 24th.

You will be allotted $20 for books to add to the library collection. Remember to subtract the 20% discount. Please make sure your book is appropriate for your grade level and our library collection. For this trip, your choices are not limited by genre. After selecting your books, pick up a post-it-note from a staff member in the café. Write your name and book title before asking a staff member to initial their approval. Attach approved post-it-note to each of your books until they are purchased using a library purchase order. Post-it-notes will be collected at the register. YOU are responsible for your books at all times. Please read and turn into the library before our next scheduled Mustang Reader Committee meeting.

Article posted January 26, 2009 at 05:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 322

Pick up your Blogger's Contract in the library. All bloggers will use a pseudonym (a fictitious name used by an author to conceal his or her identity).