Mustang Readers’ have been selecting books for the school library for the past four years and now we have an incredible fiction collection! The down side is that our non-fiction percentages are low. We encourage all high school Mustang Readers’ to select non-fiction but it is not required.
Before the field trip you will have to complete the following:
· Blog about any book you read over the summer relating the book or an event to one of the following character traits: empathy, self control, citizenship, appreciation & generosity, tolerance & diversity, dignity & pride, honesty & integrity, respect, responsibility
· Make a positive comment on another students’ blog
· High school juniors and seniors will also need to identify one non-fiction book for the school library from the EBSCO database titled Book Index with Reviews.
o To access the database, use the LILI (Libraries Linking Idaho) Logo linked on our school library website
o Do an advanced search for non-fiction and any topic or author you are interested in reading about
o Use the new “Note Taking“feature to explain why we should include the book in the library collection and then email the note or save it to GoogleDocs and share with my Gmail.
While at Barnes & Noble:
· Select your books (middle or high school appropriate)
· Pick up a post-it-note from a staff member in the café
· Write your name and book title on the post-it before asking a staff member to initial their approval
· Attach approved post-it-note to your books until they are purchased using a library purchase order
· Post-it-notes will be collected at the register
YOU are responsible for your books at all times. Please read and turn into the library before our December Mustang Reader Committee meeting