Copyright (c) 2014 by Whaea Margaret Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Whaea Margaret -- Blogmeister

FIERY 3

We are going for EXCELLENCE in everything this year !!!

by Whaea Margaret

Maths fun
Keyboard Typing Fun
studyladder
GOLD RUSH
Team Building Games

Article posted August 25, 2013 at 04:59 PM GMT+ 12 • comment • Reads 8562

What an engaging start to the term. In order to get our nursery up and running fully, we have divided into teams . PUBLICITY who are keeping our information posted on the Tui site and here as well as meeting with the paper and thanking relevant sponsors.

BED DESIGNERS. We have 6 gardens and these have been dug over and prepared for planting . Then the students have designed the layout. The strawberries have been lifted, divided and replanted.

BIRD SCARERS: With birds being a problem, this has been an important task and we have come up with some innovative bird covers.

SEEDLINGS This group have had to do a lot of research into what seeds to grow, when and how and these are well underway now.

GLASS HOUSE shelving and watering system. This group have had the Bunnings representative visit and are looking at different designs for shelving. At the moment we have temporary shelving up to hold the seedlings. They are also working on different watering systems for the glasshouse.

POTS N THINGS With a surplus of pots this group has been looking at creative ways of decorating and selling them for our gala as well as thinking of ways to make bio degradable potsfor seeds.

WORM FARM This group have been getting this running more successfully and are getting ready to run Worm Farm tours.

BANKERS THis team have developed spread sheets and are keeping the budget for the nursery.

Do come in and take a look because it is looking great.

Whaea

Article posted August 21, 2013 at 03:43 PM GMT+ 12 • comment • Reads 214

The children's nursery on PhotoPeach

Article posted August 8, 2013 at 03:37 PM GMT+ 12 • comment • Reads 235

Glass house on PhotoPeach

Article posted August 4, 2013 at 11:28 AM GMT+ 12 • comment • Reads 277

Welcome back to everyone for Term 3 and a big welcome to Rylee, our new student.

With a short but busy term ahead, here are some of the things we are working on.

THEME - Think Global Act Local. Continuing on from last term, we are investigating ways to get our nursery/glass house area up and running in a more efficient way. Our glasshouse, that we have been fundraising for all year, is on its way in being built. Many thanks to the Lions and Morris for all the time they are putting in to get it built. It is a much bigger job than any of us anticipated.

IDEAS from the students include, outfitting the glasshouse with a watering system.. shelves etc, deciding on the best seedlings to grow and when, re doing the garden beds and building them up to produce more efficiently, using the many plastic pots we have , making bio-degradable seedling pots, making bird scarers, designing and making plant covers and having the worm farm running more effectively.. WHEW!!!! lots of wonderful ideas, not to forget the budgeting that will go with this. Some students are working through how to do formulas to create a budgeting spreadsheet.

CROSS COUNTRY- training has started for this which will happen in week 5. The CHOIR is practising and is ready to perform in the Kids for Kids concert in Hamilton next Thursday.

One thing I forgot was the Publicity group for the above project.. they will also be taking over this blog so WATCH THIS SPACE.

PROFILE BOOKS go out at the end of this week. Don't forget parents , you are always welcome to call in anytime.

Until next time Whaea and the new team for the blog.

Article posted July 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM GMT+ 12 • comment • Reads 311

OUR PLANET- ISLAND X Constructions on PhotoPeach

Article posted June 30, 2013 at 06:28 PM GMT+ 12 • comment • Reads 367

Lase week Fonterra Launched the " Milk in Schools" programme. We were proud to have so many students from Room 3 involved. Reuben and Samantha delivered their pepehas with pride, Caitlin and Darcy read their fantastic reports on Fonterra. Jessie and Liam went on the farm trip and spoke to all the guests about their experiences. Kassia did an amazing job in the MC role along with Jack . There were also all those who were in the choir and we must not forget everyone else form R3 who have made such a difference with the organisation of delivering milk to classrooms. You guys rock !!!

Milk In Schools Launch on PhotoPeach

Article posted June 30, 2013 at 06:15 PM GMT+ 12 • comment • Reads 270

This week we farewell Miss Gregory after spending 8 weeks in our classroom. We have loved having her and all the ideas she has shared with us. Good luck Miss Gregory.

Farewell Miss Gregory on PhotoPeach

Article posted June 12, 2013 at 03:16 PM GMT+ 12 • comment • Reads 349

A BUSY FEW WEEKS- Pizza , Assembly... on PhotoPeach

Article posted May 25, 2013 at 01:52 PM GMT+ 12 • comment • Reads 290

Dymanic Rugby on PhotoPeach

Article posted May 19, 2013 at 09:23 AM GMT+ 12 • comment • Reads 302

It was great being able to see some of the children playing sport , even if it was a really wet day. COngratulations to all those childrren taking part.

This week we have had the chance to have some fun among the fantastic autum leaves and appreciate the beauty of a Cambridge autumn. The children have written some amazing stories and poems.

My Friday technology group got the chance to develop their skills with a variety of equipment including the renovator tool. electric drill, hot glue guns to name a few. Safe use of this was the theme of this lesson. Next week we will be developing futher projects. The signs they made for the glasshouse have been selling well.

We are enjoying having our trainee teacher Miss Gregory. She has been taking some great lessons about the North and South America continents.

Until next time. Ka kite Whaea Nargaret

Freaky Three
Lightning 3
Sensational Six

>

Create a Lava Lamp

http://www.classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=239221