My. Favorites-

In the 2010-2011 school year, this blog will be dedicated to our poets of the week.

by teacher: Liz Slavens

We have state in exactly two weeks! It is so exciting...! I am going with my Cougars Volleyball Team. We are going to Concordia for this tournament. Hopefully we will win! My team is so fun and we always have fun times together!(: The people on my team are Amy, Rebecca, Haley,Alexandra, Elle, Annie, and Emily.

This is my I Am From... poem...

I am from Missouri.

Lived in four different houses

Have gone to four different schools

I have two parents.

Two brothers

Two dogs

I am from a twin sister.

Died a few days before we were born

Think about how life would be with her here

We were identical

Excited to get to see her one day

I am from St. John’s Lutheran School.

Started there in 5th grade

Went to Camp Wartburg in 6th

Went to Kansas for space camp in 7th

Going to the Grand Canyon for 8th

I am from Rebecca DeRouse.

Known each other since 3rd grade when I left my sweater

Been best friends since

Do mostly everything together

Her family is mine

My maid of honor one day

I am from volleyball.

Favorite sport to play

Played it for awhile

Play setter

St. John’s team is very good

Going to win state this year

I am from family.

Busy constantly

Going from one thing to the next

Not much free time

Dinner is where we spend time together

Brady football, baseball, basketball, soccer

Austin football, basketball, soccer

Sometimes we fight

But we love each other

Heyyy! Ok summer is like almost here! We have Thursday and Friday of this week. Then next week is space camp! AND THENNN. We only have 2 1/2 days left! It's very exciting! Anddd. It's kinda crazy to think that this school year is like already over! It really has gone pretty fast! I think that the last two days of this week are just going to DRAGGGGG on though! :)

Hey! Ok so this Sunday my grade is leaving to go to Space Camp in  Hutchinson, Kansas. We are leaving at 11:30 at night, and the bus ride is about 7 hours long. We are staying at the camp ground there Monday-Thursday, and we are leaving Friday...Everyday we  are going to take a bus to get to the Cosmosphere  which is only 6 miles away! I think the bus ride there is going to be a lot of fun because we are all going to try to stay up, but we will probably fall asleep eventually...or we will get a little amount of sleep which is probably not very smart...but it will be veryyyy fun! I'm pretty excited because we get to do a lot of cool things there like scuba diving, and a lot of other fun stuff that I can't think of right now. :) Anyways...after space camp we only have 2 1/2 days of school left! Which will probably be filled with a lot of cool, fun stuff! Like yearbooks and a lot of cool stuff like that! Sooooooo. Summer's almost here! :) Look at my nexy article about it!

Meredith:)

My class read an article about the question "Is Google making us stupid?" I personally think that Google actually helps us learn and makes us smarter, because we learn things on Google that we probably wouldn't even think about learning without it. I think that there is a lot of information on Google that can really help us with school, and it also can help you if you want to look up some random fact that you have been wondering about. I think that Google is very helpful to everyone who uses it. I don't think that there is any difference between going to Google and typing what you want to find out in, and reading an article online. Then, reading something in a book and finding it out that way.

But, I do think that Google in a way makes us very lazy. You don't really have to do any work to find out something using Google. I mean you can type in anything you want on Google to find it out. There's really no work to Google.

So, my final thing I want to say is that... I think Google does not make us stupid. But it does make us lazy.

Hope you enjoyed my very opiniated article! :)

Hey...

So our assignment was to watch two videos, and then write a blog using some questions as guidelines. So here are the questions:

1. One of these videos deals with hardware and the other software, can you tell which is which?

2. How would, or how have, these technologies changed the way that we interact with machines (computers)?

3. Where do you see something like this being useful in business?

4. How do you see something like either Photosynth or the Multi-touch device being useful in the church? How could you see either of these two creations helping to Spread the Gospel?

I think that the first video that I watched (Photosynth) was the software, because it was more of a program then an actually machine. I think that the second video about the Multitouch Input was the hardware because it was a machine that you could touch and feel, and you would run programs on the Multitouch.

I think they have changed the way we interact with computers, because now we except most new things coming out to be a touch screen, and we think of how much computers have changed over the years, and they just keep changing, and becoming better.

I think that it will be useful in buisness, because I could buisnesses like construction workers, and maybe people who study the earth and maybe even building the Photosynth would probably be very useful to them. I think the Multitouch Input would be most helpful to maybe teachers because kids could interact with it easily, and also people who work on architecture or something like that.

I think that it could be helpful, because I think eventually in churches there will probably interactible Bibles, and we won't have to keep Bibles in pews anymore.

Hey Everyone!

So obviously everyone who's going to be new to a blog should know some guidelines about blogging. There are many rules about blogging, but everyone knows that you can't follow or even know everything that should be a rule. So...Here's the top ten! :)

TOP TEN GUIDELINES TO BLOGGING FOR NEWBIES:)~

1. Make sure to not use text talk. (formal writing)

2. Make sure that everything that you right is LARK/KARL. Legal, Appropiate, Responsible, and Kind.

3. Make sure to use spellcheck, or just go through and check what you write to make sure that it makes sense.

4. NEVER put personal information. (Except maybe your name.)

5. Make sure that whatever you put you are OK with other people reading.

6. If you're talking about something on the Internet. You may want to put a link so that people know what you're talking about.

7. Make sure that when your typing a blog, to say on topic of the blog that you're writing.

8. Make sure that what you're writing has a purpose, and that you're not just randomly talking.

9. Make sure that you don't forget to publish what you write.

10. And most of all have fun with your writing!

Hope this helped you! :)

So we just watched this video from TED. It was a video by Derek Sivers. He seems like a very smart guy. He pretty much summed up that we all have different opinions and different ways that we do things. Most people probably think that the way that they think is always right and that there is no other way of doing it, and its not true. There are so many different ways of doing things that no one can even imagine it, but I guess no one will ever know every opinion.

I love pictures. I love taking pictures. I also like to picnik pictures on facebook. I think I have taken like more then like 2000 pictures in like the last year or two. I like remebering good times with friends and or family with pictures. I also love to put in my room on the wall in frames, on the board on my wall, or just in frames on furniture. I think that everyone should take pictures to express themselves. Or they can just have another thing.

:)