Copyright (c) 2014 by JV Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JV -- Blogmeister

SweetTart's Blog

Doniphan West Middle School Computer Classes

by JV teacher: Mrs. Gatz

“If you’re good at something the popular crowd deems “uncool”, you are sunk.”

I think that this quote is true, but I don’t think its right. Just because you’re good at something that the popular people don’t like or aren’t good at doesn’t mean you should be thought of as a nerd or weird person. The popular people should learn to like you so they could get help from you, then they could be good at it.

In the 4th grade a girl in my class was having a birthday party at the YMCA. Everyone could go but Sara. Everyone thought that Sara was weird because she couldn’t go and made fun of her. After a while of making fun of her, it turned into a lot more than name calling. Each group started making chants and singing them as loud as they could around the other people. We later realized that just because Sara couldn’t go to the party didn’t mean that she was weird.

This quote applies to areas like school, sports, and jobs. If you are good at your job, but some people think your job is weird, they might not like you. If you enjoy doing odd crafts and you’re good at them, people might not think that you’re “cool”. I think that if you’re good at something you like doing, you should stick to it.

Article posted September 17, 2009 at 02:17 PM • comment (1) • Reads 63 • see all articles

I like to play volleyball and I like to read.