Copyright (c) 2014 by JV Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JV -- Blogmeister

SweetTart's Blog

Doniphan West Middle School Computer Classes

by JV teacher: Mrs. Gatz

Which student created question(s) would you like to have spent more time discussing and why?

A question I would have liked to discus more was “How would you feel if you were going to the workshop?” I would have liked to discus this question more because all that anybody said was that they would be nervous and feel alone. Nobody said why they would feel nervous or left alone.

What student created questions did your group agreed upon and justify?

During our discussion groups somebody asked, “What would you do if you were pushed into traffic like Jodee was?”  We all agreed that we would freak out. Another question asked was” How would you feel if you were going to the workshop for two weeks?” We all agreed that we would feel scared and alone because we wouldn’t know anyone there and we would be afraid that nobody there would like us.

What student created questions did your group disagreed upon and justify?

A question asked that we disagreed on was” If you were Jodee would you go to a different school?”Some people said yes, so they wouldn’t have to put up with the bullying for a while. Other people said that they wouldn’t go to a different school because they wanted to show the bullies that they weren’t scared and that they wouldn’t give up.

Blog A: What student created questions in your group generated the most discussion and justify? 

During our discussion groups we talked about going to a different school if our parents gave us the choice. Megan decided that she would just put up with the bullies because if she went to another school the bullies would know that they had beaten her. Macee said that she would go to a different school to get away from it all for a while. I think that if I was in Jodee’s spot I would stay at the same school because if she was able to put up with the bullies for that long she would be able to put up with them for a couple more years.

Another question asked was,” Why do you think that the day they were going to leave for Greece, Jodee said she didn’t want to go?”One person said that maybe she was nervous or afraid that the people there wouldn’t like her. Somebody else thought that she might not have felt that she was going to fit in with the people there.  I thought that she might have been afraid that the her classmates would have thought that she was skipping school since she had been home for so long waiting for her face to recover.

Voice your opinion

v   When people voice their opinion they are telling people what they think should happen and what they think should be changed. People must voice their opinion because if they want something to happen and they don’t tell anybody about it, it will not happen then they will be mad. It is important to voice your opinion so that all the citizens are happy about what is going on in their country.

Supporting your family

v   Everyone must and can support their family. You must support your family because if you don’t your family could end up living on the streets. You can support your family just by helping out around the house like doing the laundry or fixing dinner.  Supporting your family doesn’t mean you have to get a job, it just means that you need to get along with your family and help them in times of trouble.

Voting when age 18

v  When you turn 18 one of your responsibilities is to vote. Voting is very important because voting is one way of voicing your opinion. It is the way that representatives are elected, like judges, policemen, and governors. If you don’t vote you can’t be mad about who got elected because you didn’t vote.

·        What would you have done if you were at a party of this nature?

If I would have been at a party of this nature I would have told the person that was giving the party (Callie) that they shouldn’t be playing games like that. I would have tried to convince her to do something else and if she wouldn’t have agreed then I would have told an adult.

·        How could Jodee have reacted differently which could have changed her outcome?

I think that Jodee could have talked to Callie before calling her mom. She also could have talked to somebody other than Callie and try to convince them to talk to Callie, maybe somebody that had known her for a long time.

·        Should Jodee be blamed for the punishments the students received from their parents?

No I do not think that Jodee should be blamed for the punishments other students received because she wasn’t the one who was doing bad things; she was the one who ended the bad things that were going on.  She should maybe get in a little trouble for not telling someone sooner, but she shouldn’t get in as much trouble as everyone else.

·        How do you feel you would have been punished if you had been one of the students at this party?

If I would have been one of the students at this party my parents probably would have punished me by yelling at me and then yelling at me some more. I probably wouldn’t be allowed to do anything fun with my friends for a long time. I am guessing that I would also have to clean the house.

·        Do you feel the treatment Jodee’s receiving from her classmates is fair? 

I do not feel that the treatment that Jodee was receiving was fair because she was just doing what was right. She should be rewarded for doing what’s right; she should be getting beat up. I think that it’s the other student’s fault that they got in trouble because they were the ones doing bad things.

Things agreed with your group

·         Something my whole group agreed about was that they wouldn’t go to a different school if they were being bullied like Jodee was. They would stay there and face the bullies because if you move it will just show the bullies that they have won. If this happens they will just keep on bulling people because they think they are good at it.

A topic that created heavy debate

·         A topic that created have debate was whether or not they would go to a different school if they were being bullied. We finally decided that we wouldn’t change schools because not all people can change schools and you shouldn’t run away from a problem like being bullied.

A topic that really made me think

·         A topic that really made me think was when we were talking about when she got called a freak by the people she thought were her friends.  I wouldn’t have run away like she did. I would have just acted like nothing happened or told some one.

“It was either shun or be shunned. The e meaner you were to the “rejects” the more popular you became with the members of your clique.”

·         When it says either shun or be shunned to means that if you aren’t mean to the “uncool” people the “cool” people won’t like you. Then you become an “uncool” person and the “cool” people are mean to you. If you are a “cool person and you are really mean to somebody your group doesn’t like you just get cooler.

·         I don’t agree with this quote because a lot of people don’t have the heart to be mean to anyone. Just because they aren’t mean to people shouldn’t make them the weirdo. They should be one of the most popular people because they are nice to everyone.

·         Sara and Kelli’s parents were friends so when they went to visit each other Sara and Kelli played together. Sara was younger than Kelli bit they still got along. When Sara started going to the same school as Kelli she would wave at her in the hall. Since being friends with the “little” kids wasn’t cool Kelli would just ignore her.

Article posted September 17, 2009 at 08:25 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 52

“A person should experience a nervous reaction if she is worried about failing, not if she is worried about succeeding.”

I think that people should be able to do their best in everything without getting made fun of. If they are scared they will get made fun of when they do well they won’t give it their best effort, then after a while of failing it will become a habit. Then they will fail all their classes and have to be held back. They don’t realize that succeeding is more important than being cool.

April might get nervous reactions when she has to read out loud during class, or when she is the only person who did the homework, or even when she gets something done first because she was the only one paying attention. She might get nervous reactions during sports when she makes a serve over the net or makes a free throw in the hoop.

Article posted September 17, 2009 at 08:17 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 67

“If you’re good at something the popular crowd deems “uncool”, you are sunk.”

I think that this quote is true, but I don’t think its right. Just because you’re good at something that the popular people don’t like or aren’t good at doesn’t mean you should be thought of as a nerd or weird person. The popular people should learn to like you so they could get help from you, then they could be good at it.

In the 4th grade a girl in my class was having a birthday party at the YMCA. Everyone could go but Sara. Everyone thought that Sara was weird because she couldn’t go and made fun of her. After a while of making fun of her, it turned into a lot more than name calling. Each group started making chants and singing them as loud as they could around the other people. We later realized that just because Sara couldn’t go to the party didn’t mean that she was weird.

This quote applies to areas like school, sports, and jobs. If you are good at your job, but some people think your job is weird, they might not like you. If you enjoy doing odd crafts and you’re good at them, people might not think that you’re “cool”. I think that if you’re good at something you like doing, you should stick to it.

Article posted September 9, 2009 at 08:27 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 50

I would rate my summer as a 7. I would rate it at a 7 because it really wasn't that bad, but I have had better summers. At the end of July some of my family and a couple friends went to Council Grove on a cattle roundup. While we were there we went to the fair that was going on and saw the Diamond Spring. While we were gone my mom had some baby chicks hatch in the incubator. There was one yellow one and seven black and white ones. They were so cute when they were little, but now they are big and ugly. Overall it was a pretty good summer.

I like to play volleyball and I like to read.